Originally Posted by Donut
Yup I got an inzer and romaleos. Probably will grab a titan singlet down the road though. Its between an inzer or apt or wrestling singlet right now.
Nervous about my first meet but I found put surprisingly there are a lot of lifters in my weight class.
For some reason I thought you had done your first meet already?
I have no idea how much you know about meets or what you've read, but this is what I learnt from the guys in my club:
- Make sure you have practiced with all commands and signals before. Do not miss lifts because you didn't know how the commands work.
- Find out what flight you are in and exactly when the first lifter of the flight starts his first lift. Then find out when its your turn in the flight.
- If you are in the first flight, start warming up 15-20 min before.
- Warm up with few reps in first sets, and only singles at 60-70% and above. Only warm up to 5-10 lbs under your first attempt. Do not rep out or go too heavy in the warm up, or do the same weight twice.
- Open very light, say your 3-4RM or even 5RM if you're feeling shaky. Do not go too heavy on second lift. Aim for PR only the third and strive to get 9 for 9 since its your first meet.
- Are you lifting for a PL club or are some other people from your gym / people that you know going to enter? Ideally, you should have some kind of coach there who put in your numbers, estimate how much you have in you for your next attempt, and that yells pointers and cues when you lift. Its also good to have some other lifters who's got your back and that you can warm up with.
- Bring some easy to digest snacks or food depending on how long the meet will be, mostly carbs. Mine lasted for 6 hours from weight-in until last deadlifts so I brought a meal, some chocolate and fruits and a carb shake.