or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 3176

post #47626 of 57263
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
 

Now that I'm in a city that has access to all this stuff, I would have loved to do some martial arts stuff. I've always been interested in it, but it never quite worked out time-wise and my parents were against it because I wasn't very disciplined as a kid. Sounds funny cause it's the exact thing I should have been put into!

 

I think boxing is the middle ground that would be back friendly-ish. I can't see BJJ or krav mega or grappling or any of that stuff being good for your back if you've already put a big dent in it...


Try Thai Chi. It looks back friendly. 

post #47627 of 57263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

Best 3x a week split? I might just go back to 5/3/1 with Bodybuilding accessory work. Just don't have enough time to do 4/5 days.

 

I will recommend Sheiko once again. 

My programming rests on the same principles and it has helped my technique a lot. Its def more catered towards powerlifting than 5/3/1, that's for sure.

 

P/P/L for 3x a week training is not optimal, since it would only mean 1x a week frequency for the lifts and muscles. Twice or more is known to be more effective both for muscle growth and strength gains.

post #47628 of 57263
loled for like 5 minutes when I googled that graston technique thing.
post #47629 of 57263

Leg is bothering me today... Hopefully back is just a little annoyed from the traveling this weekend. I'm going to go light on the weights tonight and do a bunch of core stability work.

I need to figure out how to get my hamstring flexibility up as well. It's awful. I might get another referral to PT from my surgeon to see if I can work on it there. 

post #47630 of 57263
RHET anyone want to let me know wtf a smart grid is? Interviewing at an energy company for a part time analyst job at an energy firm doing something with smart grids. Only 20 hours a week so it'll be nice to have some extra money whilst studying. Thank you quant degree from a target uni for giving me better part time career prospects then my friends with masters in English/History/Drama/Politics/Philosophy from non target unis.
post #47631 of 57263
Anyone have experience getting sport massages or ART? I think I saw someone talk about it on here recently.

I had a bilateral sports hernia 1.5 years ago and had surgery on each side. 15 years+ soccer will do that I guess. I actually feel better than ever and my ability improved a lot after surgery. During rehab my physical therapist used to massage my adductors/other parts of my groin and it really helped. Getting kinda tight lately even with exercise/stretching. Anyone ever do sports massage/ART and notice a benefit? I think I'm gonna give my PT a call and getting her opinion as we'll.
post #47632 of 57263
Get rolfed
post #47633 of 57263
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post

RHET anyone want to let me know wtf a smart grid is? Interviewing at an energy company for a part time analyst job at an energy firm doing something with smart grids. Only 20 hours a week so it'll be nice to have some extra money whilst studying. Thank you quant degree from a target uni for giving me better part time career prospects then my friends with masters in English/History/Drama/Politics/Philosophy from non target unis.

wtf happened to banking?
post #47634 of 57263
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post

RHET anyone want to let me know wtf a smart grid is? Interviewing at an energy company for a part time analyst job at an energy firm doing something with smart grids. Only 20 hours a week so it'll be nice to have some extra money whilst studying. Thank you quant degree from a target uni for giving me better part time career prospects then my friends with masters in English/History/Drama/Politics/Philosophy from non target unis.

be thankful you are mathematically inclined

-english major
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloIDistance View Post

Anyone have experience getting sport massages or ART? I think I saw someone talk about it on here recently.

I had a bilateral sports hernia 1.5 years ago and had surgery on each side. 15 years+ soccer will do that I guess. I actually feel better than ever and my ability improved a lot after surgery. During rehab my physical therapist used to massage my adductors/other parts of my groin and it really helped. Getting kinda tight lately even with exercise/stretching. Anyone ever do sports massage/ART and notice a benefit? I think I'm gonna give my PT a call and getting her opinion as we'll.

ART helped with my elbow tendinitis/osis/extensor and supinator being fucked. it was probably the single biggest thing driving my rehab; by no means was it the ultimate solution, but in conjunction with simple stuff like stretching, massage, nsaids + flossing etc. it did wonders.

obviously i cannot go back in time and evaluate injury rehab without ART, but for some perspective, i bitched about not being able to lift because my elbow was fucked up for the better part of a year, did 8 weeks of ART 2x/week, and I'm back to 98%. still not lifting, but stupendous progress.
post #47635 of 57263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post

wtf happened to banking?

This is just a part time job during uni a few days a week because I got used to my banking money and I don't want to stop spending like I currently am lol.



Fucking yes rhet I sent my ex gf from when i was like 17 topless selfies out of the blue asking if she wanted some fuck and she does. Went for drinks last night and she's going to come over for some fuk on friday. That no contact for like 2 years then randomly sending nudes is clearly the way.
Edited by fuji - 9/15/14 at 7:27pm
post #47636 of 57263

Got my elbow sleeves and wrist wraps when I was home. Got to use them today. It was rad.


Also brought up my straps for doing lunges...

post #47637 of 57263
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post


Fucking yes rhet I sent my ex gf from when i was like 17 topless selfies out of the blue asking if she wanted some fuck and she does. Went for drinks last night and she's going to come over for some fuk on friday. That no contact for like 2 years then randomly sending nudes is clearly the way.

hmmm…. may have to try that! Nice dude icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #47638 of 57263
Charly's most recent PRs showed up on lift.net's ig account today
post #47639 of 57263
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

Got my elbow sleeves and wrist wraps when I was home. Got to use them today. It was rad.


Also brought up my straps for doing lunges...

how heavy are you doing lunges you need straps? I use like 35-50lb dbs.
post #47640 of 57263
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post

how heavy are you doing lunges you need straps? I use like 35-50lb dbs.

I was up to 60, but my grip gives out. I'm going to drop the weight down though. I think I was going too heavy and my form suffered.

Should be able to do 40-50.

How come you go so light?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts