or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 3169

post #47521 of 57261
I hate going to a new gym and having a lifting session that seems surprisingly easy. I always assume the plates/bars are just lighter.
post #47522 of 57261

Humblebrag? Lol. 

post #47523 of 57261
Going to try that low carb to get leaner. I know initially it'll be nice eating loads of brie, eggs and pork belly, but within a few days i'll feel like death and just want a croissant.


http://figsandfeta.com/recipes/frappe-oreo-ice-cream/

i want to make this, but nothing tastes as good as shredded feels.
post #47524 of 57261
Added an afternoon shake to the routine in place of quest bar. More calories but i feel better having fruits and veggies instead of whatever's in them.
post #47525 of 57261
But the poops tho
post #47526 of 57261
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

Humblebrag? Lol. 
Naw I feel him on that. For example last summer I was at a YMCA with some cheap ass rubber hex plates.... I was hitting 3x7-8x"225"... I switched to a Golds Gym with Iron Grip plates and my bench "dropped" by 20lbs. That was over a year ago, I'm just now hitting 3x6x225. Their dumbbells were doo doo too.

Now when I sign up for a gym I do some trial workouts... and if I can I bring a scale....
post #47527 of 57261

My knees just got worse over the course of last week, despite dropping a lot of volume on squats and deads, doing partials and other variations that are easier on the knees.

No squats and deads at all this week since it starts to hurt when I go halfway down to parallell depth. Just upper body and a ton of rehab work.

My low back strain from this spring also flared up again, although its not as bad as then. It just pops and aches a bit during the day.

 

At least I have an appointment with a good sports physio tomorrow.

post #47528 of 57261
Pic of blender setup

post #47529 of 57261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid View Post

Naw I feel him on that. For example last summer I was at a YMCA with some cheap ass rubber hex plates.... I was hitting 3x7-8x"225"... I switched to a Golds Gym with Iron Grip plates and my bench "dropped" by 20lbs. That was over a year ago, I'm just now hitting 3x6x225. Their dumbbells were doo doo too.

Now when I sign up for a gym I do some trial workouts... and if I can I bring a scale....
I'm out of the country this week and have been using a hotel gym. For me, it's the opposite in that the weights seem heavier than they're marked. It's old Atlantis machines, dumbells, and weights. Good gym though, particularly for a hotel.
post #47530 of 57261
Started going to PL gym(more of a room really) at my school. 6 platforms, 2 cages and tons of eleiko plates. Didn't check to see what type of bars I was using though. All the dudes that train there are fully stocked with the gear(belt, squat shoes, knee sleeves, wraps).

I also need to get used to squatting without a mirror, been trying to move away from it and switching to this gym has made it permanent thing.

Sheiko's been pretty good. Only modifications I made were switching dumbbell flies every other day to lat work and adding in biceps for dat dere pump and striations when locking out a DL. Might consider adding in delt work too but not sure if it'll fuck up my bench volume.
post #47531 of 57261
Quit the gym I've been going to. It was free but constantly pissed me off. Stopped by at a gym around the corner, it was $77 a month but has jacuzzi, GHR, actual squat racks, and are putting in platforms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptionist View Post

My knees just got worse over the course of last week, despite dropping a lot of volume on squats and deads, doing partials and other variations that are easier on the knees.
No squats and deads at all this week since it starts to hurt when I go halfway down to parallell depth. Just upper body and a ton of rehab work.
My low back strain from this spring also flared up again, although its not as bad as then. It just pops and aches a bit during the day.

At least I have an appointment with a good sports physio tomorrow.

Bro, peep PRI stuff.
post #47532 of 57261

Did Front squats yesterday, back is sore today and I'm getting some pain down my left leg indicating that the nerve is pissed. 1.5+years after surgery, I give up. That's a wrap. So long squats... :/

 

Also, look at deez gunzzzz

 

post #47533 of 57261
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post

I'm out of the country this week and have been using a hotel gym. For me, it's the opposite in that the weights seem heavier than they're marked. It's old Atlantis machines, dumbells, and weights. Good gym though, particularly for a hotel.

In that case I usually assume I'm having a bad day. Can't wait till I settle down and can afford a home gym.
post #47534 of 57261
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post

Going to try that low carb to get leaner. I know initially it'll be nice eating loads of brie, eggs and pork belly, but within a few days i'll feel like death and just want a croissant.

I did it for like 3 weeks. Feels fucking horrible. Excellent for fat loss but you do lose quite a bit of muscle mass too. I was tired at work, couldn't sleep at night, and sorta felt this mild, constant depression.

Better to just reduce carbs. You lose weight much slower but it's not so fucking horrible.
post #47535 of 57261
It's going to be a very short term thing. I was around 8ish% bf maybe a little leaner last friday, but then I had a messy few cheat days up until tuesday and now i'm bloated and look shit. Put on maybe a couple lb of fat. like 2-3 tops I'd say. Just going to do it long enough to get back to where I was then i'll try hold 8% for as long as I can. Feels bad seeing weeks of hard work go to shit because I lost self restrain for a few days.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts