or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 3032

post #45466 of 57266

I'd just keep cals normal on training days but focus the carbs pre/intra/post workout and then just stick with fats and proteins the rest of the time.

 

Or you could eat the same but do more (hill sprints, play ball, whatevs)

post #45467 of 57266
yeah, i feel plenty carbed up because i had to stop my cut for a week to go on a shitty work trip, but i'm now back in the swing of things and don't feel depleted (yet). If that changes maybe i'll reduce the defecit a bit.
post #45468 of 57266
I am really liking the more volume/no failure thing. Hit 4x4x315 on squats yesterday, which is a PR, but I have to dial back to ~295 so I can hit 5x4. Hoping this routine will help me stabilize my numbers to start this cut.
post #45469 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty View Post

yeah, i feel plenty carbed up because i had to stop my cut for a week to go on a shitty work trip, but i'm now back in the swing of things and don't feel depleted (yet). If that changes maybe i'll reduce the defecit a bit.

 

Side note, that bar you gave me was delicious. I ate it on the walk to the subway from your apartment. Though, I'd also just 'eaten a sandwich' so that could be why I was hungry and it tasted that good.

 

Also, I just deposited your check for the blowjob lessons. You're welcome*.


*You're an ass. The teller was this attractive woman in her 30's and I had to tell her that it was from an immature friend. Also, I was wearing scrubs so I looked doctor-ish so it probably made it even better...

post #45470 of 57266
quest bars 4 lyfe.
post #45471 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty View Post

not present: curls, lat raises, flyes, extra upper body training volume generally.

Doesn't make a huge difference in training sure but makes a big difference in how you look.

which makes this part make no sense:
By all means lift for strength but this neckbeard of mentality is "i train PL so all my training is about strength also look better than people who train for bb and also people who train bb are narcissists afraid to lift heavy or do real work" reeks of insecure-internet-nerdery, especially because most of them look like shit with guts and stick arms or fatceps (this phenom seen very often on /fit/ and r/fitness)

I do curls and lat raises regularly and flyes 2x a week. My volume for upper is a little bit higher than for my lower body, and that volume is high with almost 80 working sets per week for pressing muscles and the upper back. You don't seem to know much about how I train despite being so offense towards me.

All my training is not about strength. If I've come accross like thats its not representative of how I train. Of course its mostly focused on building strength, since my ultimate goal is a higher 1RM, but my coach has the philosophy that the strength of less developed lifters like myself, are mostly hindered by their lack of muscle mass. Thus my training now is mostly about building work capacity through high volume so I can tolerate even higher volume and intensity and hypertrophy to get bigger and stringer muscles = higher total.

I have no hate towards bodybuilding training at all. If you saw my full training program you'd prob say it pretty BB-esque. I just prefer how you compete in PL to BB.

And what I meant about the distinction is unnecessary is that most BBers work with the powerlifts and most PLers utilize BB training in specific training phases. I fully agree that exclusively doing the powerlifts won't lead to the best results, or at least it seems ao from anecdotal evidence and from what I've read by some of the greatest PL coaches like Sheiko.
post #45472 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptionist View Post

I do curls and lat raises regularly and flyes 2x a week. My volume for upper is a little bit higher than for my lower body, and that volume is high with almost 80 working sets per week for pressing muscles and the upper back. You don't seem to know much about how I train despite being so offense towards me. .

i don't actually hate you i hate the strawman in my head.

you know, the skinnyfat/chubby internet "powerlifter" who thinks any direct arm work is stupid and preaches how strength is the only important metric.

(aka jason blaha)

I actually like your posts and as I said earlier, I'm giving your training protocol a shot.
post #45473 of 57266
Ok. Fair enough. No hate smile.gif

I enjoy watching Blaha's videos but as I hear and read more stuff by actual succesful coaches and trainees, the information he spreads seems too black and white and his advice too watered down. There's usually more to whatever topic than he makes it out to be.
post #45474 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekunk07 View Post

i only pick on powerlifting because most people here suck at it and their 1 rep max is like my warm up set

I know it must be boredom which has brought you here again and I "think" in general you are a sharp guy, but this is only trolling and it is entirely beneath you. You have a hundred pounds on the average guy here. You've been training 5x longer than the average guy here. You've dumped thousands of dollars of illegal drugs into your system. You've gone through a time period where your endogenous test production hit rock bottom and I can only guess your testicles completely vanished which means for some time you were actually a woman. You used so much test that you actually went transgender for like a year, living as a woman, doing lady things and probably having lady emotions and starting a pinterest account and picking catty fights on facebook. But I'm glad you're back, ok, and done with all of that now.
post #45475 of 57266
^ am I unaware or has a new copy/paste been born?
post #45476 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by db_ggmm View Post

I know it must be boredom which has brought you here again and I "think" in general you are a sharp guy, but this is only trolling and it is entirely beneath you. You have a hundred pounds on the average guy here. You've been training 5x longer than the average guy here. You've dumped thousands of dollars of illegal drugs into your system. You've gone through a time period where your endogenous test production hit rock bottom and I can only guess your testicles completely vanished which means for some time you were actually a woman. You used so much test that you actually went transgender for like a year, living as a woman, doing lady things and probably having lady emotions and starting a pinterest account and picking catty fights on facebook. But I'm glad you're back, ok, and done with all of that now.

you're actually completely wrong, clever as your write up is. what someone is doing is not PL at all IMO until you can bench 2x your bw, squat 2.5-3x your bodyweight, etc.
I also am genetically different from most of you. I was a 10lb baby and benched 450 as a 16 year old. My father was an olympic powerlifter. I have always been on HCG when geared and my balls have always worked just fine; I have 3 giant children who share my cromag appearance and relative strength. I was able to get a script because urologists need to make money and while my free test was high, my overall numbers were not. I've also had a script almost the whole time I was on.

I just hate reading about all these fucking people pulling 225 and benching 185 and am not sure whether the gene pool here has too much estrogen or what but there are probably 3-4 legit strong people on here with enviable physiques and if you think the big 3 cult here is any different than cross fit you are woefully mistaken. If you've been lift in longer than 6 months and can't hit numbers that are established baselines for "strong" there are plenty of other great hobbies. Bowling, macrame, you name it.
post #45477 of 57266
I don't think either of you are helping the cause..

This is very relevant right now..

First article I do not agree with completely: http://bretcontreras.com/youre-all-a-bunch-of-pathetic-weaklings-says-the-steroid-using-powerlifter/

I agree with the rebuttal 100%: http://www.lift-run-bang.com/2014/06/hey-bret-youre-just-little-off-here.html
post #45478 of 57266
What I'm basically trying to say is.. we're all gonna make it..
post #45479 of 57266
This might be an awkward time to share but yesterday I benched 275x4x3 at 192lbs which is as much as I was able to do at 205 last year. smile.gif
post #45480 of 57266
^no, thats a very good job. 275 at 192 is very healthy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts