Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 2980

post #44686 of 57461
Hah I don't know NYC but a 1BR that size will cost you $2k+ in any of the parts of Boston that aren't the boonies
post #44687 of 57461
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

Serious question:


Have you seen a good physical/pain medicine and/or rehab person?

One RMT and one physio. I don't have any perspective on what "good" is outside of the fact that my RMT has fixed me before, but I think he's outlived his usefulness at this point since he's failed to find a few points I've found on my own.

I found someone local to do ART, but am done with massage in general otherwise. As far as finding a different physio its an expensive shot in the dark. GPs have been/are/always will be useless. Tricky to find someone "good" when you're paying an initial consult fee + follow up visits and the quality of the work is based on progress over the long-term; I.e. I don't know I'd their diagnosis and RX is valid or not until after I've paid for a few sessions and fail to see progress.
post #44688 of 57461
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJulien View Post

Hah I don't know NYC but a 1BR that size will cost you $2k+ in any of the parts of Boston that aren't the boonies

If I went to Boston I'd try to get into the HBS apartments which are pretty nice
post #44689 of 57461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid View Post

Hmmmm might jump on that Smolov wave for bench. Lot of people used it to that end successfully. My bench has always sucked

I did two cycles of smolov jr for bench when i was in a moonboot for my achilles earlier this year. Got from 100kg to 115kg across the two cycles and kept the gains. I say go for it. Keep up the facepulls and band work but its not as intimidating as it is made out to be.
post #44690 of 57461
Joined golds and went to their biggest location nearby. Full of roided out douchebags -- exactly what I was hoping for.
post #44691 of 57461
Remind me to never try heavy presses in running shoes again. Almost tipped backwards
post #44692 of 57461
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJulien View Post

Remind me to never try heavy presses in running shoes again. Almost tipped backwards

 

Yeah. I need to swap my running shoes for my chucks in my workout bag. ASAP.

 

Or just go barefoot...

post #44693 of 57461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan K View Post


I did two cycles of smolov jr for bench when i was in a moonboot for my achilles earlier this year. Got from 100kg to 115kg across the two cycles and kept the gains. I say go for it. Keep up the facepulls and band work but its not as intimidating as it is made out to be.

 

Have you run Smolov for squats? It's a different story. I personally love squatting but that program fucking sucks, especially the first time when you inevitably haven't planned right. Of course it didn't help that I was trying to keep up with most of my accessory work during the first cycle.

post #44694 of 57461
just realized the hack squat machine i can squat without shoulder issues. Doing 5 facing forward, 5 facing back just to get used to the movement. Started with 270 on the machien but who knows how much that translates to.

Legs are jelly. Feels good man
post #44695 of 57461
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultaVexillum View Post

Have you run Smolov for squats? It's a different story. I personally love squatting but that program fucking sucks, especially the first time when you inevitably haven't planned right. Of course it didn't help that I was trying to keep up with most of my accessory work during the first cycle.

no, i haven't run it for squats. did you do the full program or the jr version? two things i know about smolov jr: program a very conservative max, and cut everything else as much as possible. the 8x4 and 10x3 days back to back are brutal (even for bench).

someone on youtube did smolov jr for deadlift. i think he survived, but you wouldn't catch me trying that!
post #44696 of 57461

Smolov full the first time, jr 2nd and 3rd time.

post #44697 of 57461
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post

Yeah my shoulders are a little imbalanced, I'll dig them up when I'm home.

There is a teres minor trigger point (I think) that refuses to improve and hurts like a bastard when I theracane it, but a good half hour of kneading on it affords me about 60 seconds of 100% bliss... Not sure what that means. I feel like it would've cleared up by now if it was the trigger point causing anything, or if its some satellite injury site that pressing on provides relief despite not being the cause.

Have you done a really serious dose of NSAIDs? Prescription power for two weeks. When I had my neck pain I did like 5 months of manual therapy and stretching but couldn't get any permanent relief. The NSAIDS was what sorta tipped the scales in my favor and let it relax and get some blood pumping to that area. Then after that I got permanent relief from ART.
post #44698 of 57461
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

Serious question:


Have you seen a good physical/pain medicine and/or rehab person?

why would he need a professional we have coldsnap right here with studded rubber dildos and stuff
post #44699 of 57461
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJulien View Post

Hah I don't know NYC but a 1BR that size will cost you $2k+ in any of the parts of Boston that aren't the boonies


Snob.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty View Post

just realized the hack squat machine i can squat without shoulder issues. Doing 5 facing forward, 5 facing back just to get used to the movement. Started with 270 on the machien but who knows how much that translates to.

Legs are jelly. Feels good man

 

I wish my gym had one of these. I've NEVER had any issues with a hack squat machine. Blasts your legs and take the back almost completely out of it. So so soooo good.

post #44700 of 57461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid View Post

NYers do w/o living rooms- NY is your living room! foo.gif

Naw but for real, living room obviously becomes 2nd bedroom.

Which is why we had to get the hell out. We had a 1BR, about that size. Noise drove me nuts and we started running out of space. Getting the mop out of the hall closet took like 10 minutes.

1BR no storage space is the absolute worst with 2 people. I could deal with it single, but with 2 people's worth of stuff, it just doesn't work for long... not to mention women love tchotckes and won't tolerate crap like musical instruments, bikes, sports equipment, etc. taking up the living room space. I'm about to rent a storage locker to at least get some of the seasonal stuff (Christmas decorations, holiday costumes, seasonal clothes) out of the apartment and reclaim some accessible storage.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts