or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 2973

post #44581 of 57266
Push/pull

squat, bench, incline db bench, press, dips, more triceps + abs
deadlift, pull-up, row, face pull, curl, more curl + abs
post #44582 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty View Post

Push/pull

squat, bench, incline db bench, press, dips + abs
deadlift, pull-up, row, face pull, curl + abs

i like this because its quick and easy
post #44583 of 57266

Why do you think somebody on here would be able to create a better 2 day a week program than one of the millions already online? Shit, you can pretty much modify 531 to a 2-day program.

post #44584 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultaVexillum View Post

Why do you think somebody on here would be able to create a better 2 day a week program than one of the millions already online? Shit, you can pretty much modify 531 to a 2-day program.

because i dont want/have the time to do any research. one of these millions of programs would probably come up as a suggestion anyway.

douchhhe
post #44585 of 57266
I'd do an upper/lower split. Stick with mainly compound lifts, something like this:

Upper: Bench, pull-ups, shoulder press, bicep/tricep isolation of your choice.

Lower: Squats, deads, leg extensions, leg curls, calf raises.

4 sets on each lift, periodically changing the variation, e.g. bb bench press for 2 weeks, then db incline for 2 weeks, etc. Or you could change it up every week. 6-10 rep range for everything.
post #44586 of 57266
you can also add some hamstring work (lighter SLDL, GM's, GHR's, KB swings) to pull day and leg presses to push day

and calves both days.
post #44587 of 57266

You're asking a ? on a forum and waiting for a reply. In that time you could have googled "2 day full body split" or some shit and gotten an answer. That's all I'm saying. 

What GraphicN posted is pretty straight forward, all I'd say is too much pressing not enough hip movements. You don't need incline and OH press... I'd alternate them.

 

Push A - squat, BB bench, incline db bench, press, dips + abs
Pull A - deadlift, pull-up, row, face pull, curl + abs

Push B - Front squat, DB bench, Incline Bench, Dips

Pull B - Romanian DL, chin up, row, row, curl

post #44588 of 57266
Mark is a regular and listened to us when we told him to dreamer bulk so we all like helping him.
post #44589 of 57266

OK I get that. And I know I'm new here (didn't even realize there was a thread like this on here til yesterday). It just seemed like a pointless request.

post #44590 of 57266

@GraphicNovelty, any reason why you wouldn't do a push/pull on the same day x 2 a week?

Ex.
 

Squats, DB bench, bb incline, seated row, pullups, tri/abs

Deads, bb bench, OHP, T bar row, 1 arm db row, bis/abs.

 

Could do that in a little over an hour, less if you superset the back and chest stuff.

post #44591 of 57266
The dynamics here are very different than sw&d.
post #44592 of 57266
You could do either. Working to maintain isn't that complicated...you just kinda lift a bunch.
post #44593 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty View Post

You could do either. Working to maintain isn't that complicated...you just kinda lift a bunch.

 

Well, I think this way he'd be hitting everything 2x a week instead of once with a split like that. I think you'd be able to grow a bit too.

post #44594 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
 

@GraphicNovelty, any reason why you wouldn't do a push/pull on the same day x 2 a week?

Ex.
 

Squats, DB bench, bb incline, seated row, pullups, tri/abs

Deads, bb bench, OHP, T bar row, 1 arm db row, bis/abs.

 

Could do that in a little over an hour, less if you superset the back and chest stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
 

 

Well, I think this way he'd be hitting everything 2x a week instead of once with a split like that. I think you'd be able to grow a bit too.

 

I echo twice weekly frequency on every muscle group, just like RTC wrote.

 

The above routine looks good. 

I would just add something more for the legs, because I don't think only 2 lifts a week (squats + deads) is enough. Just add something like lunges, lighter squats/front squats or leg press to the deadlift day and its solid.

post #44595 of 57266
Mark is our only hope.

But this summer might be his downfall.

We pray for the tadpole of aesthetics.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts