or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 2922

post #43816 of 57266
Nice progress, wasn't expecting anything less from you icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

nice girl jeans
post #43817 of 57266


made a kale + spinach smoothie, surprisingly tasty for what it is

exhausted all my carbs for the day when I ate a loaf of bread for lunch, lol
post #43818 of 57266
Back bros... Back pic taken last month. Prob a bit more DYEL now. Almost sub 160 ^_^
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Has anyone done leangains? I dunno if I asked before but I vaguely remember someone following it... Maybe Conceptionist?
post #43819 of 57266
concept and i both do IF and leangains
post #43820 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkI View Post

concept and i both do IF and leangains

How do you like it? I'm thinking about starting in the very near future after I drop a little more body fat. I've done IF before and liked the convenience.
post #43821 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerprawn View Post

How do you like it? I'm thinking about starting in the very near future after I drop a little more body fat. I've done IF before and liked the convenience.

I just posted before and after pictures, the results speak for themselves.

But no for real it is a great program for many reasons, i'll write a detailed response later, working.
post #43822 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerprawn View Post


How do you like it? I'm thinking about starting in the very near future after I drop a little more body fat. I've done IF before and liked the convenience.

 

I like the Leangains intermittent fasting approach when cutting and I got very good results from it.

Almost all studies and science show that its not better for your physique or strength in any way, but it just makes cutting easier psychologically by reducing the time frame in which you eat. Imo, timing your carb intake and manipulating your daily macros also help with satiation. 

post #43823 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptionist View Post

I like the Leangains intermittent fasting approach when cutting and I got very good results from it.
Almost all studies and science show that its not better for your physique or strength in any way, but it just makes cutting easier psychologically by reducing the time frame in which you eat. Imo, timing your carb intake and manipulating your daily macros also help with satiation. 

I feel like this is exactly why carb cycling is working for me. I know if I make it 3 days low carb I can reward myself with a high carb day and it makes sticking to the plan much easier.
post #43824 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesseract View Post


I feel like this is exactly why carb cycling is working for me. I know if I make it 3 days low carb I can reward myself with a high carb day and it makes sticking to the plan much easier.

Yes, that is my experience for me as well.

 

IIRC, eating fat improves fat oxidation but fat is at the same time the by far easiest macro to store as body fat. Eating carbs blocks fat oxidation until the carbs are burned off as fuel but carbs will not get stored as fat as easily as eating fat.

 

So theoretically, and if I make the correct conclusion, having some days where you eat minimal carbs and higher fat while in a calorie deficit should maximize fat burning.

post #43825 of 57266
fucking gym trainer bish was late by 15 minutes this morning, stupendously frustrating when you only have 45 minutes to lift. she full-on avoided me since i've gotten her in shit for the same thing before. i fucking hate feeling like a tattle-tale, but wtf, i pay good money for this place and losing 1/3 of your lifting time because someone can't be fucked to get to work on time is ffffuuuu.gif. /oldman

also, low-bar squats make my elbow feel better to the point of it being completely pain-free immediately post-set? much strange, very confuse.
post #43826 of 57266
Dudes - pain in the lower right neck and trap area.

Started off as soreness post my shoulder work out on Friday but yesterday it escalated into full out pain/strain.

Wtf did i pull?
post #43827 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRINI View Post

Dudes - pain in the lower right neck and trap area.

Started off as soreness post my shoulder work out on Friday but yesterday it escalated into full out pain/strain.

Wtf did i pull?

I had this a few weeks ago. Figured out that it was a pulled muscle with DOMS in the same area from pulling bent over rows using too much weight.
post #43828 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by js4design View Post

I had this a few weeks ago. Figured out that it was a pulled muscle with DOMS in the same area from pulling bent over rows using too much weight.

Thanks.

Just rest, I assume?
post #43829 of 57266
Getting tattooed today. Woop
post #43830 of 57266
Yeah just take some time off. A week was enough for me to be 100%. A heat pad helped in the evening.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts