or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 2903

post #43531 of 47689
Just a different angle of hiting it I guess. I feel a stretch and flex way more in my chest when I do inclines
post #43532 of 47689
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkI View Post

Today was supposed to be a rest day, but I felt like going to the gym, so I just messed around and tested maxes. 355 DL, 260 squart and 235 bench. 850 total at 189 BW, year of serious lifting ALL NATTY. is this good? i really have no idea.

also its stupid how high my bench in comparison to my squat, but whatever.

I haven't tested 1 rep max, but as of this week I'm 340x5 DL, 280x5 squat and 185x5 bench @ 148 BW after just over a year of consistent lifting (~3 days a week), and I would love to be able to split the difference between your bench and mine. But I remember lifting in college and being excited when I could finally bench 1 plate, so it just is going to take time to overcome my bird chest genetics.
post #43533 of 47689
So I just realized that the past couple weeks I've been adding up three plates as 305 instead of 315, which explains why all my lifts went "down". Fucking hell how fucking stupid is that
post #43534 of 47689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post

So I just realized that the past couple weeks I've been adding up three plates as 305 instead of 315, which explains why all my lifts went "down". Fucking hell how fucking stupid is that

 

Lol.  I somehow convinced myself that 2 plates was 215 and was a little discouraged when jumping from 210x12 to "215" x6 when squatting

post #43535 of 47689
For any spicy food loving low carbing bros... San-J Szechuan Sauce is the shit.
post #43536 of 47689
Trying to come up with ideas for next research project. A few ideas:

1. Cardiovascular health profiles between those who do strict dieting vs IIFYM type dieting
2. Bone density profiles in women doing strength training vs distance running vs a combined program
3. Looking for radiological(xray) evidence of vertebral pathology in elite-level deadlifters based on degree of lumbar flexion during the lift

Any suggestions appreciated.

Also I'm drunk.
post #43537 of 47689
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post

Trying to come up with ideas for next research project. A few ideas:

1. Cardiovascular health profiles between those who do strict dieting vs IIFYM type dieting
2. Bone density profiles in women doing strength training vs distance running vs a combined program
3. Looking for radiological(xray) evidence of vertebral pathology in elite-level deadlifters based on degree of lumbar flexion during the lift

Any suggestions appreciated.

Also I'm drunk.

#1 sounds good..also the data should be easily attainable
post #43538 of 47689
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post

Trying to come up with ideas for next research project. A few ideas:

1. Cardiovascular health profiles between those who do strict dieting vs IIFYM type dieting
2. Bone density profiles in women doing strength training vs distance running vs a combined program
3. Looking for radiological(xray) evidence of vertebral pathology in elite-level deadlifters based on degree of lumbar flexion during the lift

Any suggestions appreciated.

Also I'm drunk.

1) Proportion of women miring someones who jacked and tan, vs those who not jacked and tan
post #43539 of 47689

Under 185 woo! Gonna try to hit 180 then hit maintenance for a little then start bulking again. Still look skinnyfat though.

post #43540 of 47689
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbman View Post

Under 185 woo! Gonna try to hit 180 then hit maintenance for a little then start bulking again. Still look skinnyfat though.

What's your height and bf?

180 is my goal, with hopes of 175
post #43541 of 47689
Quote:
Originally Posted by js4design View Post

I haven't tested 1 rep max, but as of this week I'm 340x5 DL, 280x5 squat and 185x5 bench @ 148 BW after just over a year of consistent lifting (~3 days a week), and I would love to be able to split the difference between your bench and mine. But I remember lifting in college and being excited when I could finally bench 1 plate, so it just is going to take time to overcome my bird chest genetics.

Dude that's really quite impressive. What are the details of your routine, athletic background?
post #43542 of 47689

@MarkI 6'1", BF% I'm not sure. 20%? Still got a ways to go in terms of gaining muscle mass.

post #43543 of 47689
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkI View Post

Dude that's really quite impressive. What are the details of your routine, athletic background?

I've always kind of messed around for a few months and then gotten bored doing a bodybuilding type routine and seeming to stall. I decided to try starting strength and just have the goal of "advanced" or 1.5/2/2.5 for my 1 rep max and just follow the program. And I really just stuck with that. I started last spring and just kept with the program, and then I switched to a variation of greyskull lp in an effort to move my bench up and to add some accessory work for my arms for the summer. I should qualify my numbers by saying that my dl wasn't paused reps, and my form dropped out on the last rep of those squats. But thanks for the compliment, I appreciate it.
post #43544 of 47689
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkI View Post

Today was supposed to be a rest day, but I felt like going to the gym, so I just messed around and tested maxes. 355 DL, 260 squart and 235 bench. 850 total at 189 BW, year of serious lifting ALL NATTY. is this good? i really have no idea.

also its stupid how high my bench in comparison to my squat, but whatever.

Everyone has different starting points/natural strength, but I'd say your numbers aren't bad for someone who's been lifting for a year. But I, too, am scratching my head at why your bench is so close to your squat. Maybe you're bouncing your bench off your chest, and therefore have an artificially high max? Anyway, for some context, I'm about the same weight as you, 5'11", 405 squat, 315 bench, 420 DL, also 100% natural. Been lifting seriously for about 5 years, though unfortunately with some significant lapses in consistency. (I'm talking periods of 6+ months where I only lifted roughly once a week, if that.. while I was in college..) Also, I haven't always trained for strength on the big three.
post #43545 of 47689
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJulien View Post
 

6'0".  I might be overestimating my body fat too, there isn't a lot there.

Hm. Get calipers and figure that shit out first then.

 

Also, I said I wasn't going to drink beer, but tonight I got drunk with my boss and didn't eat dinner. So calories are prolly fine, but hot damn. Gonna go for gym sesh tomorrow night instead. Lulz

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts