or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 2897

post #43441 of 49493
I was about to say, some of you are paying way too much for such small square footage. We have a 1,300sqft loft in Bucktown with parking for almost $1,600 a month.
post #43442 of 49493
Thread Starter 
lol that would run about 15,150,000 USD in Hong Kong. 5000 USD/square foot here.
post #43443 of 49493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

Concept will go into more detail. That pop when you stand up is your TFL popping over the muscle body that it runs through. Roll your IT band out and stretch the front hip. If you have good posture you might not have to do mobility work for long times, just need to do it every few weeks to keep up with beating yourself up in the gym.


Posture is pretty good, but since I've gotten a fair bit stronger I've noticed I've start standing in the way, which is the opposite of what most desk workers do. Glutes pushed out, constant lower back arch and lats tucked pulling my delts back. I know this is good to some extent, but it looks like I'm locking out a squat constantly.
post #43444 of 49493
@Fuji

Defrancos "Limber 11" is good as a diagnosis routine. Go through it once or twice and you'll def feel what's tight and needs to be worked on.

When I've had knee feels, the VMO has always been super tight, like it hurts to even touch it. That muscle just need a lot of smashing, either with hard ball or some kind of roller (one of those you use for baking work fine).

Also, when you do sumo pulls, it has looked like your knees are not far out over the knees as they "should" be. That indicates that your hips are tight and you need to be able to open them up. Frog stretch and rollback to splits are good for that.

For that posture, your hip flexor and quad are prob too tight from all the sitting. Sitting shortens the front of the hips and legs, so you need to lengthen them out by stretching. Do both stages of the couch stretch a lot. I did it 3x a day a year ago. Balance that out with strengthening the opposite side, which is glutes and hamstrings.
post #43445 of 49493
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellsbebc View Post

All your places sound like torture traps. Moved in with fiancé a couple months back and we are busting at the seams of this 1BR 800sqft place.

That sounds miserable. If you are going to move in with your S.O you need at least two bathrooms.
post #43446 of 49493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eason View Post

lol that would run about 15,150,000 USD in Hong Kong. 5000 USD/square foot here.

Damn, Chicago isn't cheap by any means and we got our place for a steal, especially since the average 2br in Bucktown runs over $2k...
post #43447 of 49493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

Not bragging, but I'm moving into a 2920sq ft place in a few weeks. Done paid my dues living in shitty small ass apartments my whole adult life. Having a garage is seriously a life goal.

Yeah I refuse to buy a nice car until I have a garage, and that isn't happening any time soon, especially if I end up in NYC.
post #43448 of 49493
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptionist View Post

@Fuji

Defrancos "Limber 11" is good as a diagnosis routine. Go through it once or twice and you'll def feel what's tight and needs to be worked on.

I've got to hook you up with Eric Cressey Assess and Correct DVD/PDF package sometime. You would nerd out real hard over it. I
post #43449 of 49493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

I've got to hook you up with Eric Cressey Assess and Correct DVD/PDF package sometime. You would nerd out real hard over it. I

I've actually looked at it a couple of times but its so expensive, esp to ship out here + customs.

Only reason I nerd out about it is that as soon as I stop doing all of that stuff, the lifting gets worse and problems creep up. Just an effect of old injuries, being uneven from side to side and being inactive outside of lifting.
post #43450 of 49493
Quote:
Originally Posted by gort View Post

That sounds miserable. If you are going to move in with your S.O you need at least two bathrooms.

She relocated for a job 8 months back. I waited it out for a bit and then got a new job in same city two months ago. Lease expires in late July so we will survive. The struggle is I want a house (3BR only cost about $130-160k) and she wants to rent (which is about $1.2k/month for a 2BR). The key factor is determining when we will both move back to home city.

@fuji Limber 11 is excellent for hip mobility. It takes maybe 10 minutes? I do it before every leg workout and would do it daily if I wasn't so lazy.
post #43451 of 49493
Sick, will do it next time I lift. Sitting here in some herman miller ergonomic chair and my lower back and right hip flexor are aching like fuck. I should bring a futon to the library and just revise in bed.
post #43452 of 49493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooch4321 View Post

I was about to say, some of you are paying way too much for such small square footage. We have a 1,300sqft loft in Bucktown with parking for almost $1,600 a month.

 

That's a pretty nice deal. I have friends with similarly-sized places that pay around $3000/month.

post #43453 of 49493
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellsbebc View Post

All your places sound like torture traps. Moved in with fiancé a couple months back and we are busting at the seams of this 1BR 800sqft place.

Yeah, I'm in the same situation and going insane. We're at the point where if we buy anything new, we have to get rid of something to make space for it. Cheap as hell though, both rent and utilities. We probably should move, but I hate moving. I also don't see myself living in this city much longer.
post #43454 of 49493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Veen View Post

Yeah, I'm in the same situation and going insane. We're at the point where if we buy anything new, we have to get rid of something to make space for it. Cheap as hell though, both rent and utilities. We probably should move, but I hate moving. I also don't see myself living in this city much longer.

Did I mention wedding shower gifts are pouring in? With wedding gifts to follow? We just stack boxes along the wall and never invite anyone inside our place.

I can't really speak to price of apartment but I have a biased view because I never wanted to live in apartment my entire life (with assumption I'd live in same city forever). Memphis, TN is no NYC, that is for sure.
post #43455 of 49493
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellsbebc View Post

Did I mention wedding shower gifts are pouring in? With wedding gifts to follow? We just stack boxes along the wall and never invite anyone inside our place.

Exact same situation. Just got married a few months ago. I'm staring at a stack of boxes right now.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts