Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 2884
You can setup a simple form of periodization for your self with a lot of variation and freedom (esp in the beginning of the cycle)
It could go something like this (if I may rehash what anyone can read in a basic strength programming book, lol):
Phase 1) deload / fresh start
- loads of variation in non-specific versions of the compounds targeted towards hypertrophy, your individual weaknesses in the main lifts and technique refinement
- Low intensity, moderate volume, higher frequency, ingrain proper technique
Phase 2) volume block
- identical to phase 1 but higher volume and intensity with the same frequency, often makes up the bulk of the cycle
- loads of sets with medium to higher reps
- you should be on the verge of overreaching while increasing your work capacity
Phase 3) intensity block
- switch focus from muscular to neural adaptions
- reduce volume, increase intensity, often the same (or slightly lower) frequency
- moderate to high set amount of low to moderate reps
- reduce non-specific lifts so the main lifts make up a bigger part of the training
Phase 4) peaking
- take away all or almost all non specific lifts
- reduce volume drastically, maybe reduce frequency a bit, push intensity the most
- rest a couple of days and load up on carbs (unless you're need to cut weight)
- meet / mock meet
this might be a bit off in places but its the general idea of how a cycle with a deload after meet, volume block, intensity block and peaking usually looks.
Haha yeah, but most people need to and do train their upper body with more volume than lower.
The thinking goes that the muscles in the upper body are smaller and pressing and rowing involve less muscle groups than say squats and deads so they cause less damage on your system, so in turn the upper can be trained more.
I didn't really notice a difference before but now only front squatting has really exaggerated my hips while my shoulders really lag... Tops are hitting me at the hips and looking pretty bad. Uniqlo is inconsistent as all hell and gap/hm/banana are all no good.
I have membership discount, so does tiger and maybe someone else itt, so it's only 25 (or 26 if he raised the price to 52 I guess). They're super long, but raw hem so you can just cut them if you really want.
Sure thing man
Do you own scissors?