or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 2845

post #42661 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post

Used to want a motorcycle until I did my trauma and orthopedic rotations. Now there's no way in hell.

Same. All of my friends that rode bikes back when they were 20-25, all stopped riding except for one. They all took at least one fall each. Always due to other drivers.

A friend of a friend passed away last year due to a car running a red and his bike slammed into the side of it going 60.

Just 3 months ago, a coworker died because a semi ran him over.

You can be the safest rider in the world but there will always be other drivers you need to worry about.
post #42662 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

Yes, I park next to Audis, BMW and Lexis. Yet the rent is like $750 a month. If you can afford a car like that why are you living in such a shit hole? Probably because you can't afford that car foo.gif


Similar deal where I live, but it's even funnier, because I think they're technically subsidized housing, despite being some of the nicer apartments I've been in around here. The maximum you can make to live here is stupid low, but almost everyone has a really nice car. Of course, a bunch of them are owned by Saudi kids, so I don't doubt that their own incomes are low; they just from well-to-do families.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post

Used to want a motorcycle until I did my trauma and orthopedic rotations. Now there's no way in hell.

Acquaintance of mine posted on FB a few days ago that his dad hit a median on his bike and was in ICU with a collapsed lung and other various injuries. No thank you.
post #42663 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesseract View Post

My girlfriend won't let me drive one and I'm a whipped ass bitch so confused.gif I do want to get a Chris craft wooden motor boat soon.

Your gf is smart.
post #42664 of 57266
My gf wants a bike when we move to LA. I'm not sure how to tell her the thought makes me :/
post #42665 of 57266
All it took was seeing one open tib-fib fracture to say no thanks. Those things are nasty.
post #42666 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty View Post

My gf wants a bike when we move to LA. I'm not sure how to tell her the thought makes me :/

Def not in LA. I try and keep my riding to low traffic density areas. If I'm heading into the "city" I take the car. Plus NC is very motorcycle conscious.

Nothing like heading up to an empty mountain road and getting your lean on though.
post #42667 of 57266

I want to take a tour of south america on a bike at some point.  I'd never drive one in the northeast though, it's just way too dense and people are morons.

post #42668 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid View Post

Def not in LA. I try and keep my riding to low traffic density areas. If I'm heading into the "city" I take the car. Plus NC is very motorcycle conscious.

Nothing like heading up to an empty mountain road and getting your lean on though.

What's your bike again? I think you posted a pic not so long ago and I remember you had a nice ride.
post #42669 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post

All it took was seeing one open tib-fib fracture to say no thanks. Those things are nasty.

Oh come on, it's not that dangerous. You're just seeing the worst case scenarios. Injury rates aren't that high, and many injuries are due to irresponsible riders (lack of protective gear, lack of training, lack of proper practice, lack of respect for the bike and one's environment).
post #42670 of 57266
My friend did bodybuilding for a good 3 years and actually got really jacked. Was lean and had a good amount of muscle on him. He then go into crossfit somehow and he's probably been doing it for 2 years, just looked at pics from his recent crossfit competition and he lost like all his muscle mass. I would say he more resembles a long distance runner now.
post #42671 of 57266
And what does that have to do with motorcycles?
post #42672 of 57266
sorry, wrong thread. Thought this was a thread about lifting weights.
post #42673 of 57266
The Swole Gentleman Lifestyle thread.
post #42674 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

My friend did bodybuilding for a good 3 years and actually got really jacked. Was lean and had a good amount of muscle on him. He then go into crossfit somehow and he's probably been doing it for 2 years, just looked at pics from his recent crossfit competition and he lost like all his muscle mass. I would say he more resembles a long distance runner now.

Pics or do we need a video to believe it?
post #42675 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

My friend did bodybuilding for a good 3 years and actually got really jacked. Was lean and had a good amount of muscle on him. He then go into crossfit somehow and he's probably been doing it for 2 years, just looked at pics from his recent crossfit competition and he lost like all his muscle mass. I would say he more resembles a long distance runner now.

I went to school with this kid. He is literally the only crossfitter I know who still looks huge.

http://games.crossfit.com/athlete/23474
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts