or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 2843

post #42631 of 47189
If I was rich I'd never crawl under a 5,000lb car on ghetto jack stands again
post #42632 of 47189
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesseract View Post

Being able to fix your own car like a man makes your point moot.

being a man who learned from his old man who's a mechanic makes your point moot. teacha.gif

im biased because i work for an aftermarket warranty company. bmw's in particular account for 10% of our sales and 20% of our claims costs; outside of the jacked up labour costs because of stupid minor shit that takes a million hours to get at, parts are just a pain in the ass to get at a decent cost.

there's also the issue of secondhand luxury car owners generally being ten-dollar millionaire assholes with an entitlement complex, but that's just because i deal with the cranky ones on a daily basis...



here is an jetta-el-camino daddio and i chopped up. tdi of course
post #42633 of 47189
GM is not shit by a long shot, they have a couple decent offerings off right now... just stop being a girl and loading up your keychain with little plastic troll dolls peepwall[1].gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post

bmw's in particular account for 10% of our sales and 20% of our claims costs

How much more expensive are policies though?
post #42634 of 47189
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLSI View Post

GM is not shit by a long shot, they have a couple decent offerings off right now... just stop being a girl and loading up your keychain with little plastic troll dolls peepwall[1].gif
How much more expensive are policies though?

we base our pricing and program eligibility on model year/mileage, not make. its the same dealer cost for a bmw/hyundai/ford/porsche/whatever. i think thats kind of silly as dealers are no doubt charging greater retail to the customer because of the make, and all of the business we're getting from other companies who wont take these cars without big cost has gone from "yay market share" to "oh look another fucking euro sports car dealer with a 200% claims ratio."
post #42635 of 47189
lol that chopped VW gets me every time.
post #42636 of 47189
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post

being a man who learned from his old man who's a mechanic makes your point moot. teacha.gif

im biased because i work for an aftermarket warranty company. bmw's in particular account for 10% of our sales and 20% of our claims costs; outside of the jacked up labour costs because of stupid minor shit that takes a million hours to get at, parts are just a pain in the ass to get at a decent cost.

there's also the issue of secondhand luxury car owners generally being ten-dollar millionaire assholes with an entitlement complex, but that's just because i deal with the cranky ones on a daily basis...



here is an jetta-el-camino daddio and i chopped up. tdi of course

Yeah but there is a giant online community that deals with BMW repairs and aftermarket parts that aren't too expensive.
post #42637 of 47189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

lol that chopped VW gets me every time.

Yute be surprised by how popular those are in some places, mate.
post #42638 of 47189

My accord has a decent engine and has needed no maintenance aside from scheduled stuff in over 100k miles.  My parents had a Mercedes for a bit and the thing was in the shop more often than not, piece of shit.

post #42639 of 47189
i never had problems when i owned an accord and my parents both own them and never seem to have issues (except for my mom backing into stuff)
post #42640 of 47189
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesseract View Post

Yeah but there is a giant online community that deals with BMW repairs and aftermarket parts that aren't too expensive.

no doubt. im just surrounded by crappy five-year old bmw's with 200,000kms that some 20 year old is financing for the rest of his life, who is bitching that the shop we're sending him to is too low-class for his tastes and is also mad we're not putting brand new parts in his shitty used shit car. hence my bias towards the matter... that and my dad has worked on diesels and VWs his whole life so i'd feel strange driving anything other than a jetta tdi. wouldnt mind a passat cc if i found a deal on one though.
post #42641 of 47189

Lol.  Sometimes I feel a little absurd having a couple pairs of $500 shoes but then I remember that dudes are out there leasing $80,000 cars and probably making a lot less than me.

 

I got leveled at yoga class today; do not eat a huge plate of ham right before exercising

post #42642 of 47189
Yes, I park next to Audis, BMW and Lexis. Yet the rent is like $750 a month. If you can afford a car like that why are you living in such a shit hole? Probably because you can't afford that car foo.gif
post #42643 of 47189

My Japanese car has 234k and runs like new:

 

post #42644 of 47189
Does anyone else here other than TRINI, ctk, and I ride bikes?
post #42645 of 47189
I used to commute 4-5 days out of the week for like 2-3 years, and rode casually for a lot longer. Been off the bike for awhile, but plan to get back on this Summer.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts