or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 2842

post #42616 of 57313
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptionist View Post

How expensive are european imports in comparison to cars from the US?

I mean, if an old and used BMW, Golf or Alfa were roughly the same price (new or sued, doesn't matter) as those you've shown here, I'd pick the former ones every day.
I realize I may be way off. Just interested to hear the price difference and how common european cars are. Mostly thinking about the middle or upper-middle segment with Jaguar, Audi, BMW, cheaper Porsches, the sportier Golfs, etc...

If you are at all mechanically inclined, ownership costs of European cars can be greatly reduced.

For example, I have a '78 BMW 320i, which is a beater, but would be really expensive to have any "professional" work on. Luckily though, BMW has a hugely active DIY community which has allowed me (who was previously entirely ignorant) to do all the work on my car over the past 4 years. Like, pretty much anything that can go wrong with your car, there are gobs of threads about it on various BMW forums.

My wife has a 2010 ford fusion that has just had a couple of hiccups lately, but has cost us more to maintain because there is very little good information about DIY troubleshooting and repairs.
post #42617 of 57313
I'm gonna need a car when I move to California ugh
post #42618 of 57313
Buy 'murican cars you commie phaggots

semi-srs

The 3 series I had for a few years was nice.

Also would have bought a taco over my Colorado if they weren't so much more expensive.
post #42619 of 57313
One of the worst purchases I ever made was a Mercedes ..

Japanese cars only from now on
post #42620 of 57313
Purchased a Chevy once...never again.
post #42621 of 57313
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesseract View Post

European cars are definitely more expensive, especially to maintain. That being said German cars are super popular where I live. For example I live on a block with 8 houses on it and 6 of the houses have at least one BMW, Mercedes or Audi in front of it, and I don't live in the wealthy part of my town.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLantern View Post

If you are at all mechanically inclined, ownership costs of European cars can be greatly reduced.

For example, I have a '78 BMW 320i, which is a beater, but would be really expensive to have any "professional" work on. Luckily though, BMW has a hugely active DIY community which has allowed me (who was previously entirely ignorant) to do all the work on my car over the past 4 years. Like, pretty much anything that can go wrong with your car, there are gobs of threads about it on various BMW forums.

My wife has a 2010 ford fusion that has just had a couple of hiccups lately, but has cost us more to maintain because there is very little good information about DIY troubleshooting and repairs.

That was pretty much what I expected.
The situation is the same here but not for American cars (as they don't really sell well here, AFAIK), but for older european sports cars instead.
You can get an used Maserati Quattroporte (one of my dream cars) for the same price as middle segment Audis or BMWs but the maintenance is gonna be sky high.
post #42622 of 57313
Guys, if you just ignore the terrible interiors, everything made in the 80s, and almost everything made in the 90s and 00s, chevy really isn't that bad frown.gif

Nothing can be more soul sucking than driving a camry.

Conceptionist, GM owns opel.
post #42623 of 57313
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptionist View Post


That was pretty much what I expected.
The situation is the same here but not for American cars (as they don't really sell well here, AFAIK), but for older european sports cars instead.
You can get an used Maserati Quattroporte (one of my dream cars) for the same price as middle segment Audis or BMWs but the maintenance is gonna be sky high.

You can get a couple year old quattroporte for 70kish here. My girlfriends dad used to have one and now has the gt and the coupe drives so much better than the quattroporte.
post #42624 of 57313

GM is pretty shit right now. I have 0 faith in the company and would never support their cars or shitty business practices.

post #42625 of 57313
i will never ever ever ever ever ever own a bmw, audi, mercedes, etc. those things break down like no tomorrow and cost a shit-ton to fix. also, no one is impressed because you picked up a 5 year old beamer off a used lot for 15 grand.
post #42626 of 57313
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post

i will never ever ever ever ever ever own a bmw, audi, mercedes, etc. those things break down like no tomorrow and cost a shit-ton to fix. also, no one is impressed because you picked up a 5 year old beamer off a used lot for 15 grand.

Yeah well good luck with that because the way they drive makes other cars feel like shit.
post #42627 of 57313
Two cars I posted were USA made.. actually not the victoria, it's made outside the USA but that's a secret. I wouldn't mind owning a pre owned BMW but they are too expensive to work on for my blood. With the Crown Victoria I can go to any junk yard and there's guaranteed to be like 6 complete vics there.
post #42628 of 57313
reliability and efficiency > caring about a street car's performance. being able to accelerate quickly and corner better than a hyundai between stoplights on my way to the grocery store doesn't make my dick hard. not having to pay 5 grand for a routine repair that'd cost 1/5th of that on any other make does.
post #42629 of 57313
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post

reliability and efficiency > caring about a street car's performance. being able to accelerate quickly and corner better than a hyundai between stoplights on my way to the grocery store doesn't make my dick hard. not having to pay 5 grand for a routine repair that'd cost 1/5th of that on any other make does.

Being able to fix your own car like a man makes your point moot.
post #42630 of 57313
If I was rich I'd never crawl under a 5,000lb car on ghetto jack stands again
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts