or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 2813

post #42181 of 46915
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkI View Post

I think being on your feet moving around for 10 hours, at times lifting and carrying heavy shit would definitely come out to a pretty decent figure.

Just want to figure if I can afford to drink a beer or three during my shifts shog[1].gif

I work on my feet picking up 12 foot steel bars and I am fat as shit.
post #42182 of 46915
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesseract View Post

I work on my feet picking up 12 foot steel bars and I am fat as shit.

1247262

but for real, you also eat like a motherfucker
post #42183 of 46915
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkI View Post

1247262

but for real, you also eat like a motherfucker

Eating rules. Just don't think you are going to get super lean working on your feet.
post #42184 of 46915
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesseract View Post

Eating rules. Just don't think you are going to get super lean working on your feet.

Oh hell no, I just figured that if I burn like 2,000cals over the course of a shift, then 2 beers would just cancel each other out.
post #42185 of 46915
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkI View Post

Oh hell no, I just figured that if I burn like 2,000cals over the course of a shift, then 2 beers would just cancel each other out.
I doubt you will burn 2000 Cals in a shift but I'm sure a couple of beers won't kill you either.
post #42186 of 46915
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesseract View Post

I doubt you will burn 2000 Cals in a shift but I'm sure a couple of beers won't kill you either.

Word.

I think I might get a bodybugg to figure this shit out once and for all.
post #42187 of 46915
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkI View Post

Oh hell no, I just figured that if I burn like 2,000cals over the course of a shift, then 2 beers would just cancel each other out.

For some comparison, Bear Grylls estimates he burns about 3000 when he's diving out of planes and climbing mountains.
post #42188 of 46915
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkI View Post

I think being on your feet moving around for 10 hours, at times lifting and carrying heavy shit would definitely come out to a pretty decent figure.

Just want to figure if I can afford to drink a beer or three during my shifts shog[1].gif

in my summers of swimming i would be in a pool for 8 hours a day, 5 days/week on top of lifting 4x/week. i gained weight every summer.
post #42189 of 46915
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkI View Post

Word.

I think I might get a bodybugg to figure this shit out once and for all.

I've worked in a restaurant doing all kinds of work (mostly cooking, but also workig the counter, serving, cleaning, carrying stuff) in the same shifts. The usual shift was 8 hours but sometimes I worked double for 14-16 hours.

You won't burn a ton of calories. Even though you might burn say 2000 calories over a 16 hour shift, you'd burn at least 1500 just sitting on your ass at home, so I'd say it would net out to 300-500 calories more than usual. I didn't account for it though by eating more and I lost weight and could train just fine. Just gotta sleep in the next day if you work late.

Also, I'd avoid beers if I were you. Alcohol is treated different from other food by the body. As soon as you drink alcohol, the body has to burn of all its calories before it goes back to burning carbs or fat for fuel. So drinking temporarily halts your cut. If you gotta drink, take a shot, wine or some liquor like gin, whisky, vodka or rum. Basically half or a third of the calories in beer, iirc.
post #42190 of 46915
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptionist View Post

Also, I'd avoid beers if I were you. Alcohol is treated different from other food by the body. As soon as you drink alcohol, the body has to burn of all its calories before it goes back to burning carbs or fat for fuel. So drinking temporarily halts your cut. If you gotta drink, take a shot, wine or some liquor like gin, whisky, vodka or rum. Basically half or a third of the calories in beer, iirc.

Well if you want to compare the amount of alcohol in a liquor (80proof) vs beer (regular/avg beer)...

A can of regular beer vs a jigger of liquor has pretty much identical amounts of alcohol.

And if you're worried about amt of alcohol consumption, it doesn't matter at all.

And unless you're talking about a high abv beer, a "drink" (jigger's worth) of liquor actually has about 2/3 the amount of calories as a can of regular beer (and near identical amt of calories as a light beer). Only due to carbs because, as I stated, alcohol amt is similar.

So if you're worried about consuming grams of alc and also calories, your best bet is a light beer.
post #42191 of 46915
If one beer messes up your diet, maybe your diet is not really solid after all.

Just a video you may find interesting, it's a bit long but basically, one beer a day shouldn't really affect you negatively. It is binge and abuse drinking that usually mess you up.
post #42192 of 46915

Hmm... I'm not gonna do the calculations but you're prob right.

I've always just thought how much I need of each to get drunk, like comparing the calorie content of 6-8 beers to a couple of shots and in that regard the hard liquor has fewer calories. They may not differ in a more analytical comparison like you did.

 

Then again, I also avoid beer nowadays since my party mood tends go down when I have 2 liters of fluid in my stomach. Liquor works better for me in that way.

post #42193 of 46915
Quote:
Originally Posted by virus646 View Post

If one beer messes up your diet, maybe your diet is not really solid after all.

Just a video you may find interesting, it's a bit long but basically, one beer a day shouldn't really affect you negatively. It is binge and abuse drinking that usually mess you up.

It's not so much the beer, it's the fucking mental aspect of oh, I didnt account for this, need to track it!
post #42194 of 46915
Meh, just do an extra set in the gym satisfied.gif
post #42195 of 46915
Yo dudes, since I tried a deadlifting session with a belt, my lower back has been a lot tighter and experiencing more DOMS than usual. What gives? Usually I don't get too heavy DOMs or lower back aggravation from deads.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts