or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 2736

post #41026 of 57262
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucks View Post

bros, i have fallen far, i am down to 135lbs. fml. reason ive avoided this thread cuz im ashamed of myself, maybe y'all will put faith back into me

135lbs in one leg right?
post #41027 of 57262
When doing DB bench, is it better to follow PL form (arched back, J-shape path) or go flat bench?

I do BB bench PL style, if that matters.
post #41028 of 57262
What are you trying to achieve when you db bench?
post #41029 of 57262
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post

Homo progress pic:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
13218200033_31a9674de2_n.jpg

thumbs-up-computer-kid-gif.gif
post #41030 of 57262
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post

What are you trying to achieve when you db bench?

Hypertrophy. I do BB bench for strength.
post #41031 of 57262
Quote:
Originally Posted by erbs View Post

Hypertrophy. I do BB bench for strength.
Same here. Loving it so far.
post #41032 of 57262
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkI View Post

Yeah, I disagree with you as well Fuji.

Lifting can be whatever you want it to be, if you decide to make it an emotional and spiritual journey, why not.

Meh, the biggest emotional journey you'll have if you choose to test your limits after training natty for 6 months is finding the right dose of aromotise inhibitor to balance your test and estrogen so your neither listening to James Blake at 5am or struggling to feel your penis.

In a more general view I don't see how the commitment of lifting on a non competitive level can be some spiritual journey. 8 hours a week in the gym or so isn't some massive commitment and it's pretty enjoyable.
Edited by fuji - 3/17/14 at 2:30pm
post #41033 of 57262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eason View Post

no homo:

 

Haha, the guys I know who do powerlifting and have good numbers have better asses than a lot of girls I know.

Of course, the girls that are training for powerlifting blow everyone else out of the water.

post #41034 of 57262
I concur. This grill visited my gym a couple months ago. She's a member of Norway's national powerlifting team:

http://instagram.com/p/e-sp6TEvDf/
post #41035 of 57262
I want my derriere to look half that good.
post #41036 of 57262
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post

Meh, the biggest emotional journey you'll have if you choose to test your limits after training natty for 6 months is finding the right dose of aromotise inhibitor to balance your test and estrogen so your neither listening to James Blake at 5am or struggling to feel your penis.

In a more general view I don't see how the commitment of lifting on a non competitive level can be some spiritual journey. 8 hours a week in the gym or so isn't some massive commitment and it's pretty enjoyable.

It's not a spiritual journey for me but I could see it being a really important tool for someone who suffered emotional trauma and used it to gain a sense of control in their life.


Also, aromatase*. And if ais are killing your libido stay they fuck away from vitamin t.
post #41037 of 57262
so tried running again today because pain subsided in my foot. i did what i never do and actually stopped when i started hurting again.

hopefully it feels fine tomorrow. Thursday is supposed to be nice out and i'd like to run outside smile.gif
post #41038 of 57262
Gym manager is russling me. He has renamed the gym the "performance centre" because he wants everyone here to be athletes and functional. We now have special times just for our "athletes". Little does he realise LSE is probably the 2nd least athletic university in the UK after imperial. We only have 1 mirror in the gym because he doesn't want people to rely on them for form. We have eleiko training plates and the small ones are the kind that are approved for IPF competitions. Kind of pointless when it's all being used for this

post #41039 of 57262

Guy at the rack I was waiting for squatted 5 plates. Jelly as fuck.

post #41040 of 57262

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts