or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 2714

post #40696 of 57260

I wouldn't call that bro-science as its pretty much the job of the glutes to finish out the lockout in the DL. Pretty established fact imo.

They don't necessarily have to be weak though, could also just be inactive and locked up.

 

Many newer lifters seem to lock out their DLs by hyperextending their back and excessively leaning back instead of pushing the ass and hips forward.

post #40697 of 57260
Anyway to help recovery on caloric deficit? I absolutely destroyed myself on Tuesday leg day and lets see it's Friday and I'm still destroyed, supposed to deadlift today..
post #40698 of 57260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

Anyway to help recovery on caloric deficit? I absolutely destroyed myself on Tuesday leg day and lets see it's Friday and I'm still destroyed, supposed to deadlift today..

Aside from getting enough sleep? Cut back some volume.
post #40699 of 57260
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkI View Post

Anyone here do rack pulls? Thinking of adding them to my training to help dead lift lock out

Deadlift with chains.
post #40700 of 57260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

Anyway to help recovery on caloric deficit? I absolutely destroyed myself on Tuesday leg day and lets see it's Friday and I'm still destroyed, supposed to deadlift today..

Creatine. Painkillers.
post #40701 of 57260
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchariybrown View Post

Aside from getting enough sleep? Cut back some volume.

Yea.. I got a solid 7-9 hours this week. I can't sleep as much when I'm hungry. When I did GreySkull LP and was eating a good amount I would get a solid 12 hours of sleep every night, I saw my biggest muscle growth then. I feel like once I start eating a surplus with this program I'm going to make some great gains.

RP told me that when I drop calories I need to up the volume but drop intensity. And if I'm not very sore after my workout I'm loosing muscle. My intensity is probably still too high, but if i'm setting PRs I can just keep going for it I guess.
post #40702 of 57260
12

hours

every

night....

U wot?
post #40703 of 57260
lol night doesn't even last 12 hours. wtf
post #40704 of 57260
Yes. I think I talked about it here during that time. Was like three months I would go to bed at 11:00 and wake up at 11:00, I felt fuckin awesome.
post #40705 of 57260
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLSI View Post

He got a weak booty so I call him weak booty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRINI View Post

Deadlift with 2chains.
post #40706 of 57260
lol... 7-9 is plenty. 12 though? How.........
post #40707 of 57260
Agreed on the above sentiments that if the pins are set too high, it defeats any carryover to DLs you might get.

On my dynamic days, I'd do band resistance deads. New gym has chains so I must use those to mix things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

Yea.. I got a solid 7-9 hours this week. I can't sleep as much when I'm hungry. When I did GreySkull LP and was eating a good amount I would get a solid 12 hours of sleep every night, I saw my biggest muscle growth then. I feel like once I start eating a surplus with this program I'm going to make some great gains.

RP told me that when I drop calories I need to up the volume but drop intensity. And if I'm not very sore after my workout I'm loosing muscle. My intensity is probably still too high, but if i'm setting PRs I can just keep going for it I guess.

Who am I but saying if you aren't sore after workout means you are losing muscle is an absurdity. Yes, they typically go hand-in-hand (and I'll give Coldsnap benefit of doubt on the generality) but that is certainly not an accurate gauge IMO. Want to have sore muscles? Go do slow eccentric movements and claim it's an excellent routine because your body hurts.

As far on a cut, I'd be more concerned about total poundage. Either do your heavy weight for fewer sets or lighter weight at your same sets. Whichever your program calls for should be acceptable, but total poundage is the key.
post #40708 of 57260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

Anyway to help recovery on caloric deficit? I absolutely destroyed myself on Tuesday leg day and lets see it's Friday and I'm still destroyed, supposed to deadlift today..

Mike from RP put up something about this yesterday.. very good watch for you n00bz:
post #40709 of 57260

12 hours is a bit excessive but I can easily sleep 10 hours on weekends since I got on this 5x5 linear progression program. 25-35 working sets and increasing weights every session demands quite a lot of sleep.

 

Quite a few people use chains with their DLs in my gym too. I think that would be better for carryover to your normal DL as you still get the full range of motion together with the overloading at the top.

 

Mark: You should upload a form check of your deadlifts to see that it's not a technique that's holding you back. Missing deadlifts at lockout is pretty rare and could be solved with technique improvements instead of assistance.

post #40710 of 57260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

Yes. I think I talked about it here during that time. Was like three months I would go to bed at 11:00 and wake up at 11:00, I felt fuckin awesome.

 

School or something? Wish I could wake up at 11 :/

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts