or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 2695

post #40411 of 49054
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptionist View Post

In what way do you think it's nonsense?
My post may sound like "this is the only way to do it", and that is def not what I think.

I got the impression he did a typical BB-split (ton of volume on one muscle in one day then rest it a full week) and if that hasn't been working well to get the shoulder development he wants, upping the frequency could be a good change. It has been used by many bodybuilders for lagging bodyparts.

Gonna edit that post now to improve the phrasing

Between the mark hitting 10% bf on two weeks and the low volume for shoulders I just feel like everything you say is wrong and not based on any real life experience.
post #40412 of 49054
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihambrecht View Post

Between the mark hitting 10% bf on two weeks and the low volume for shoulders I just feel like everything you say is wrong and not based on any real life experience.

What?
I did not say Mark was gonna reach 10% in two weeks, I said its prob only gonna take him two more weeks to reach 10% without any drugs in comparison to if he was on any.

And no, I did not say he was gonna reduce volume. I said he could split the same volume in that "shoulder day" into more sessions. Lots of studys (ex that norwegian one we talked about recently) shows that naturals do better with higher frequency than lower for the same volume in total.

Those two recommendations come directly from personal experience. I cut down to around 8% while not losing strength with no drugs last year and all my lifts increase faster since I've made the switch to higher frequency, going from a split to full body.

Anyway, all of the stuff I say is based on other peoples recommendations and science. I know I don't have enough experience to construct programs or give advice solely based on what I've done.
post #40413 of 49054
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Pun View Post

Really starting to loathe shoulders day, progress stalling, and it's just really boring, I need to switch it up. Someone recommend a shoulders workout please. Mainly looking for building strength.

The only movements I'm doing for shoulders are standing BB press in the 4-5 rep range and the lateral raise machine in the 8-10 rep range. I love it. Works really well. My shoulders have never been stronger. I hit them 2x/wk as part of my upper body routine. Personally I think dedicating a day to each body part or even push/pull doesn't make sense. I get a lot more bang for my buck doing less movements more frequently. You on;y need 2-3 days for body parts to recover.
post #40414 of 49054
I dunno what y'all are talking, shoulders are my favorite thing to work out.
post #40415 of 49054
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptionist View Post

What?
I did not say Mark was gonna reach 10% in two weeks, I said its prob only gonna take him two more weeks to reach 10% without any drugs in comparison to if he was on any.

And no, I did not say he was gonna reduce volume. I said he could split the same volume in that "shoulder day" into more sessions. Lots of studys (ex that norwegian one we talked about recently) shows that naturals do better with higher frequency than lower for the same volume in total.

Those two recommendations come directly from personal experience. I cut down to around 8% while not losing strength with no drugs last year and all my lifts increase faster since I've made the switch to higher frequency, going from a split to full body.

Anyway, all of the stuff I say is based on other peoples recommendations and science. I know I don't have enough experience to construct programs or give advice solely based on what I've done.


Where did you get the two more weeks number? You made it up. You also lost 15 lbs as a 6'3 ectomorph you do not know what cutting stubborn fat is like.
post #40416 of 49054
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihambrecht View Post

Where did you get the two more weeks number? You made it up. You also lost 15 lbs as a 6'3 ectomorph you do not know what cutting stubborn fat is like.

Yes, I made it up. It was just to get my point across, that you just have to cut a bit longer, and wasn't to be taken literally.

I may be genetically disposed to lose fat easier, but the last 2 pounds or so took a month for me to lose, so those were def stubborn.

I don't really know what you want to get out of this discussion. Are you just trying to discredit me? I don't see how thats productive for anyone. I try to help people who are looking for advice. It would be more helpful for those people if you could also offer some advice. I have no hard feelings for you but you've obv already made up your mind about me so I'm not gonna argue any further.
post #40417 of 49054
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptionist View Post

Yes, I made it up. It was just to get my point across, that you just have to cut a bit longer, and wasn't to be taken literally.

I may be genetically disposed to lose fat easier, but the last 2 pounds or so took a month for me to lose, so those were def stubborn.

I don't really know what you want to get out of this discussion. Are you just trying to discredit me? I don't see how thats productive for anyone. I try to help people who are looking for advice. It would be more helpful for those people if you could also offer some advice. I have no hard feelings for you but you've obv already made up your mind about me so I'm not gonna argue any further.

I just feel you are giving advice you aren't qualified to give. No hard feelings. You just come off as someone who read a few books, made some noob gains and is now trying to help people in areas you have no experience.
post #40418 of 49054
My shoulders are a fuckin joke
post #40419 of 49054
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

My shoulders are a fuckin joke

You mirin brah? This was last summer, pre dreamer bulk. Hopin they're gonna be juicy once I cut

Uploaded with Imgupr
post #40420 of 49054
I haven't done a shoulder pressing exercise in over a year and they still look great ^_^

Do a kettlebell routine, that'll build you shoulders that never seem to go away.

In fact, I highly recommend everyone to take like, a few months off of lifting heavy and do a ton of kettlebell shit. It was probably my favorite of the "oh shit i'm injured and can't lift heavy" phase. (Which has happened 4 different times...fml)
post #40421 of 49054
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihambrecht View Post

I just feel you are giving advice you aren't qualified to give. No hard feelings. You just come off as someone who read a few books, made some noob gains and is now trying to help people in areas you have no experience.

Alright, I can see how I come off like that too.

I will be a more hesitant before I give advice in the future. I don't see anything wrong though in say explaining the typical Leangains protocol to someone who doesn't know how it works. Time to move on.
post #40422 of 49054
no macros / no fucks crew


post #40423 of 49054
Good stuff Mark. I really need to focus on shoulders bench/overhead press. It's sorta embarrassing working out with someone when I'm repping 300 in squat, they can only do 250 or so. Then we go to bench and I'm still at 175lbs and they are 200+.
post #40424 of 49054
Fuck Mark.... when you finish your cut it will be New Crush City
post #40425 of 49054
Didn't some people here train their girlfriend? My lady wants to start, she's got two days a week. Was thinking about what to do.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts