or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 2681

post #40201 of 57265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

What's her weight? That's pretty shitty. I train with a girl who isn't ranked nationally and has a 750+ total at 127lbs.

(I just barely totaled more than her at my first meet, and I fuckin weighed 193lbs..)

Shitty?

You've yet to figure out what powerlifting is supposed to mean, man. That's a terrible outlook to have on your fellow competitors.
post #40202 of 57265
Clocked in at 200.3 lbs this morning, finally made it. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Probably from the long weekend of boozing and eating pizza though haha.
post #40203 of 57265
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJulien View Post
 

 

Top-tier like BU or top-tier like Harvard? I went to a state school but took classes at the nearby sub-ivy as well, and the difference in class caliber (and students) was striking.  That said, I think the biggest difference there is going to be your network.  Drop the word Harvard or Yale in any major city and there will be a fleet of alumni coming to help you find a job.  I definitely do not regret not going to BU / Northeastern and the other similar schools I got into though.

 

I think a bio major would probably be in a similar spot as an English or Communications or whatever major... there are jobs, but you have to take like an admin job for a year to get anywhere.

 

Went to Umass Amherst... took classes at Amherst College crew?  

 

for reference, I live in South Hadley my wife is a Mount Holyoke alum

post #40204 of 57265
Quote:
Originally Posted by concealed View Post
 

 

Went to Umass Amherst... took classes at Amherst College crew?  

 

for reference, I live in South Hadley my wife is a Mount Holyoke alum

 

Haha yup. I am in Boston now, though.

post #40205 of 57265
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchariybrown View Post

Shitty?

You've yet to figure out what powerlifting is supposed to mean, man. That's a terrible outlook to have on your fellow competitors.

Funny coming from this place where people said they would be embarrassed to compete with my total.

I used shitty for a lack of a better word. You're right, that was an ass thing to say.
post #40206 of 57265
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkI View Post

All I want is a membership to a gym where no one

1) Loads up the leg press with as many 45's as they could fit on there, then proceed to go down an inch, leave and not remove the plates.
2) People actually knew what they were doing in the squat rack, not using weight they can't handle, going skyhigh and thinking they're the shit. Also using the pussypad.
3) Deadlifts 135 with their back in the shape of a C
4) People smart enough to know they should step back from the dumb bell rack to do their sets of 5x15 curls
5) No groups of bros crowded around a bench with 225 on the bar, lowering it 6 inches then getting up with their chest all out.
6) Actually NO BROS period.

I wish there was just a solid, weight lifting gym in my immediate area, where everyone has a work out plan, solid goals, and takes their training seriously.

 

I literally haven't seen this behavior once in my current gym, while I prob saw at least one of them every session before I made the change.

 

Its made the training experience infinitely more enjoyable. Everyone is cool and people you can actually talk to about training and won't hesitate to help you out or whatever, like last workout I shared a rack with 3 other guys. That would've been impossible anywhere else.

 

Just join a gym for athletes. Surely there must be one in the NY area? I mean, every decently big city in Sweden has one.

post #40207 of 57265
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptionist View Post
 

 

I literally haven't seen this behavior once in my current gym, while I prob saw at least one of them every session before I made the change.

 

Its made the training experience infinitely more enjoyable. Everyone is cool and people you can actually talk to about training and won't hesitate to help you out or whatever, like last workout I shared a rack with 3 other guys. That would've been impossible anywhere else.

 

Just join a gym for athletes. Surely there must be one in the NY area? I mean, every decently big city in Sweden has one.

I used to go to Albany strength in NY, it was great. I'm in PA now and have my own squat rack and platform...that's even greater

post #40208 of 57265
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkI View Post

All I want is a membership to a gym where no one

1) Loads up the leg press with as many 45's as they could fit on there, then proceed to go down an inch, leave and not remove the plates.
2) People actually knew what they were doing in the squat rack, not using weight they can't handle, going skyhigh and thinking they're the shit. Also using the pussypad.
3) Deadlifts 135 with their back in the shape of a C
4) People smart enough to know they should step back from the dumb bell rack to do their sets of 5x15 curls
5) No groups of bros crowded around a bench with 225 on the bar, lowering it 6 inches then getting up with their chest all out.
6) Actually NO BROS period.

I wish there was just a solid, weight lifting gym in my immediate area, where everyone has a work out plan, solid goals, and takes their training seriously.

There's a gym a block away from me that fits this description: https://plus.google.com/113463099950349054935/about?gl=us&hl=en

Also, equinoxes are more gay dudes and milfs and is bro-lite. $$$ tho.

Just go in the morning.

Or, stop being such a little bitch about other people and do your lifts. People failing only decreases the amount of competition.
post #40209 of 57265
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptionist View Post

I literally haven't seen this behavior once in my current gym, while I prob saw at least one of them every session before I made the change.

Its made the training experience infinitely more enjoyable. Everyone is cool and people you can actually talk to about training and won't hesitate to help you out or whatever, like last workout I shared a rack with 3 other guys. That would've been impossible anywhere else.

Just join a gym for athletes. Surely there must be one in the NY area? I mean, every decently big city in Sweden has one.

this.

(granted, I haven't been to a 'normal' gym in years)

I'm sure there are loads of folks who are really smart and train hard wherever you go, but the little things make up a lot of why a place is great to train in. Something like no one ever crossing your platform while you lift, no weights left on the bars/wherever, knowledgeable ppl who actually tran and compete and with whom you can actually talk lifting. Also the no music thing is awesome, no distractions whatsoever and when someone's going for a max you can hear a pin drop.

But no matter where you go, if there are dumbasses there just go in and own that shit. Don't care about stupid randoms and their stupid stuff.
post #40210 of 57265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

Funny coming from this place where people said they would be embarrassed to compete with my total.

Even more reason not to insult other people's progress.
post #40211 of 57265



Made char siu using pork belly this time. Hnnnnnnnnnng bulking hard as fuck. Been upping my volume recently, like 30 sets on lats, nothing to failure keeping rests really short. Couple people asked if I'm bigger, feels good man.
post #40212 of 57265
Reading about fuji's gains makes me wanna up my carbs
post #40213 of 57265
is there a better feel than lifting to finnish pagan folk metal
post #40214 of 57265
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post

is there a better feel than lifting to finnish pagan folk metal

Lifting to finnish pagan folk metal while getting a PR.
post #40215 of 57265
Fuji's food posts always put me in a bad mood. Food looks so good and I'm not eating it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts