or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 2662

post #39916 of 49342

What are your numbers looking like? Pulling weight requires a lot of mental strength, there is a guy who is much stronger than me in every aspect but cannot DL more than 500, he has this huge mental block.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkI View Post

Pretty sure I have fucking shoulder impingemen/tendinitis.

Where do I go from here?

iForce's Joint Help may be best for your situation, as paractin is a cox-2 inhibitor (anti-inflammatory).

 

Antaeus Achilles also has one ingredient in particular has awesome data where longterm use is concerned

post #39917 of 49342

I haven't lifted in a while/haven't been consistent for the past few months...tryna get back into things.  Just got fat, skinny, and lazy at the same time.

 

If I'm 182 right now, but pushing 20% bodyfat, how tiny am I gonna be at 10-12%ish?  I'm hoping to get a little recomp action going while in the high teens since I haven't seriously lifted in a while but I'm probably gonna end up being like 155lbs lol.  Clothes strug

post #39918 of 49342
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkI View Post

Pretty sure I have fucking shoulder impingemen/tendinitis.

Where do I go from here?

Impingement and tendinitis are sorta at both ends of the spectrum. What's going on?

Oh and the irony of typing this with my arm in a sling. I've had two people who have elite totals tell me in real life that I need to do eccentric benching because I have a weak back. It was either the lope sided bench or that I attacked a weakness too hard on the first day of trying it.
post #39919 of 49342
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkI View Post

Pretty sure I have fucking shoulder impingemen/tendinitis.

Where do I go from here?

Get on ice asap until you figure out what you need to do. Basically icing and rehab is the way to go if you are lucky. If not, cortisone injections and surgery.
post #39920 of 49342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

Impingement and tendinitis are sorta at both ends of the spectrum. What's going on?

Oh and the irony of typing this with my arm in a sling. I've had two people who have elite totals tell me in real life that I need to do eccentric benching because I have a weak back. It was either the lope sided bench or that I attacked a weakness too hard on the first day of trying it.

If I press down the front of my shoulder, feels sore, as if its bruised, can lift it over my head, it doesnt HURT as in owwww, pain, but it's uncomfortable. Arm also feels heavy and a little numb, and while I can rotate my left shoulder freely, it feels as though the right kind of "catches" a bit
post #39921 of 49342
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkI View Post

If I press down the front of my shoulder, feels sore, as if its bruised, can lift it over my head, it doesnt HURT as in owwww, pain, but it's uncomfortable. Arm also feels heavy and a little numb, and while I can rotate my left shoulder freely, it feels as though the right kind of "catches" a bit

Do you know exactly when you hurt it, like last rep of the bench you felt it tighten up and burn? Or was it something thats just sorta popped up. Sounds to me like front deltoid / labrum area. Numbness and heaviness is nerve. If you put your hurt arm straight our in front of you palm down and try to press up against resistance and it hurts like a motherfucker than that usually means labrum, although TK has said before it's a really miss diagnosed injury.

I have nearly the same problems right now, minus the numbness. I'm going to keep it in a sling for a few days and eat NSAIDs, still lift lower body. And if it hurts still next week I'll see a sports chiro and pay cash to save some money.

Mine is catching a bit too, but from what I gather when a rotator of the shoulder is injured the shoulder will find the most optimal way at that moment to rotate, so catching might be normal since shit isn't moving with the correct muscles.
post #39922 of 49342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

Do you know exactly when you hurt it, like last rep of the bench you felt it tighten up and burn? Or was it something thats just sorta popped up. Sounds to me like front deltoid / labrum area. Numbness and heaviness is nerve. If you put your hurt arm straight our in front of you palm down and try to press up against resistance that usually means labrum, although TK has said before it's a really miss diagnosed injury.

I have nearly the same problems right now, minus the numbness. I'm going to keep it in a sling for a few days and eat NSAIDs, still lift lower body. And if it hurts still next week I'll see a sports chiro and pay cash to save some money.

Definitely happened while benching last night, did not have a spot, so while lifting off an simultaneously trying to get shoulderblades back something weird happened.

Arm out, palm down and resistance don't really feel much, seems normal.

whats your NSAID of choice, aleve?
post #39923 of 49342
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkI View Post

Definitely happened while benching last night, did not have a spot, so while lifting off an simultaneously trying to get shoulderblades back something weird happened.

Arm out, palm down and resistance don't really feel much, seems normal.

whats your NSAID of choice, aleve?

Gotcha. Sounds to be like a minor strain, if it still hurts in a week though get it checked out.

I just take whatever I have around the house, when I first started lifting pain killers at truck stop gas stations were the shit because those had like 400mg a pill in them .
post #39924 of 49342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

Gotcha. Sounds to be like a minor strain, if it still hurts in a week though get it checked out.

I just take whatever I have around the house, when I first started lifting pain killers at truck stop gas stations were the shit because those had like 400mg a pill in them .

I hope it's nothing but that, thing is this shoulder always seems to be acting up a little bit, its that same side where I had that muscle knot I was asking you about.

Going to rest today, do lower body tomorrow, and hold off on upper body for a bit.
post #39925 of 49342
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkI View Post

I hope it's nothing but that, thing is this shoulder always seems to be acting up a little bit, its that same side where I had that muscle knot I was asking you about.

Going to rest today, do lower body tomorrow, and hold off on upper body for a bit.

If you follow your collar bone to the end of your shoulder the stuff that's under it is called the AC process. If that's the area where it sorta hurts then it's sort a bitch area where genetics factor a ton into it.
post #39926 of 49342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

If you follow your collar bone to the end of your shoulder the stuff that's under it is called the AC process. If that's the area where it sorta hurts then it's sort a bitch area.

That's EXACTLY where it is haha
post #39927 of 49342
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkI View Post

That's EXACTLY where it is haha

Yea. It's super common for impingement there. The same old "having stronger external rotators than internal" applies there and it's an imbalance in most average lifters. Although genetically there's 3 different classes of the AC process, some people just cannot bench with elbows at 90* without impingement. Best to get the imbalances sorted out then decide where your genetics lie. Hit your bent over rows just as hard as bench and try to keep your shoulders down and back during bench (harder to say then do because I have problems with this!)
post #39928 of 49342
Here's some good shit from Eric Cressey Mark, just about training around that strain

http://www.ericcressey.com/newsletter169html

board presses sound really smart if you gotta bench
post #39929 of 49342
obligatory reference to trigger point therapy workbook and deep tissue massage
post #39930 of 49342
Can't make a shoulder diagnosis without imaging.

Could be a number of things and possibly more than one.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts