or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 2654

post #39796 of 57263
Was doing squats today and working up to a max, got 250x3 then stupidly decided to get 275 for one, got stuck in the hole, tried grinding it out but couldn't get it, and the weight toppled me over and barbell travelled forward over my head scraping up my upper back and neck.

Nobody there to help because everyone fucking thinks a little snow is the end of the world, I'm alright if not a little shook up, but feel mad stupid, probably coulda been worse
post #39797 of 57263
Damn Mark... Gotta learn to bail man. One of the first things I made sure I learned when squatting. Even stuck in the hole you should be able to bail without safety bars.
post #39798 of 57263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerprawn View Post

Damn Mark... Gotta learn to bail man. One of the first things I made sure I learned when squatting. Even stuck in the hole you should be able to bail without safety bars.

I know it just happened really fast, and before I could even think to let go and fall forward I was being stapled.
post #39799 of 57263
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihambrecht View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeen7908 View Post

Cant lie to myself much longer

Teekay looked pretty much as good in his before lifting cardio-days photo (no homo)
Conceptionist looks like a plank
I looked better before I went on this latest mass gaining phase
The rest of you are on perma dreamer bulks, may never see aesthetics

This is kind of why I have been getting so worked up. No offense to conceptionist but hes not really in any position to be making programs for other people at this point in his fitness career.


I don't think his appearance/progress discredits his advice.
Like I said, its 95% genetics, and his are ectoectoectoecto

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkI View Post

As far as bodybuilding natty being pointless, I present to you this kid from my gym



of course he COULD be on something, but i truly believe he isnt.


I lol'd. Definitely juiced.
post #39800 of 57263
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeen7908 View Post

I don't think his appearance/progress discredits his advice.
Like I said, its 95% genetics, and his are ectoectoectoecto
I lol'd. Definitely juiced.

Why do you say that? I think that is totally achievable natty.
post #39801 of 57263
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchariybrown View Post

I don't know why it's so hard for some people to just eat and lift.

bored.gif


Spoken like someone with good genes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eason View Post

steroid-free bodybuilding is basically pointless, but fitness and strength training isn't.

So, basically, you're suggesting crossfit?biggrin.gif
post #39802 of 57263
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkI View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeen7908 View Post



Why do you say that? I think that is totally achievable natty.


Look at Teekay. Good genetics as evidenced by his photos from before lifting.
How many years has he been bodybuilding?
How dedicated is he?


He looks nowhere near as good as that guy


Look at Charlie. Obviously good genetics as evidenced by his weightlifting prowess.
Obviously not training/dieting geared towards bodybuilding but his traps are nowhere near as big as that guys.


Look at photos of bodybuilders from the beginning of last century
Those are the (white) genetic elite, and they look nowhere near as good as that guy.


Androgen receptors are in highest concentration on the shoulders and traps: look at the size of that guy's.


I know you are enthusiastic now because you are making lots of progress, but when you cut you either
a) wont get even close to that guy's bodyfat (which is ~8%)
or
b) you will lose most of your mass.

There's lots of articles online about maximum potential for naturals but its something like height (in cm) - 100 = kg bodyweight
post #39803 of 57263
I'm not trying to get under 8%, 10 at the least.

And I think losing most of my mass is a bit of an exaggeration.
post #39804 of 57263
Does getting a vitamix, and blending my entire post workout meal and drinking it sound like a crazy idea?

It would probably be gross as all fuck, but it would just have to be endured for the duration you're chugging it.

Imagine that, chicken breast, brocolli and rice smoothie.
post #39805 of 57263
expensive blenders are totes worth it. look into the omniblender, same specs as vitamix but 1/3 the price. i love mine
post #39806 of 57263
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post

expensive blenders are totes worth it. look into the omniblender, same specs as vitamix but 1/3 the price. i love mine

I have no doubts than expensive blenders are really worth it, i'm just wondering if anyone has ever blended up full meals of foods that are typically not blended and ate (drank) them haha?
post #39807 of 57263
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkI View Post

Does getting a vitamix, and blending my entire post workout meal and drinking it sound like a crazy idea?

It would probably be gross as all fuck, but it would just have to be endured for the duration you're chugging it.

Imagine that, chicken breast, brocolli and rice smoothie.

 

Why would you ever want to do that? Is it due to the large amount calories? That you won't be able to eat that amount in solid food?

If that's the case, you should def just eat more earlier i the day like I wrote earlier. You gotta be able to enjoy your food.

 

Also, don't make 25 pound jumps with squats. As a beginner, the difference between what you can do for reps and your max is usually smaller than you think, and its def a smaller gap procentually than for an advanced lifter. Just another 5 pounds can feel a lot heavier from my experience. You also lose a lot of confidence, speed and technical efficiency when you go for really heavy singles.

 

About the genetics thing:

Hard to tell with that particular guy. He's def big.

Could just be good lightning though and using some smart tricks to seem bigger. Lightning can make a huge difference and then he can play around with contrast and definition in photoshop and whatever.

 

Skeens right that I'm an ecto. Tiny wrists and so on but at least I've got decently broad shoulders. Being 6'3 is not doing me any favors in looking big, but I'm fine with that. I think Fuji's even more ecto than me though so I wonder what he looks like now at 175, 6'3".

 

 

 

Unrelated cooking tip:

You can make your own jam with thawed berries and psyllium husk (a pure fiber powder). Works really well as the fiber powder absorbs the excess liquid from the thawed berries and makes it a sticky texture. Probably cheaper and def less calorie dense than regular jam, without all the sugar. Good for cutting at least.

post #39808 of 57263
Am currently getting my butt absolutely handed to me in the squat rack. Trying to hit my 305x4x5 and midway through had to bail and deload to 245 and just rep out. Hate the feeling of knowing you're actually capable of far more but the body just craps out. Being down with a stomach bug the last two days doesn't help, but heck, man.
post #39809 of 57263
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptionist View Post

Why would you ever want to do that? Is it due to the large amount calories? That you won't be able to eat that amount in solid food?
If that's the case, you should def just eat more earlier i the day like I wrote earlier. You gotta be able to enjoy your food.

Also, don't make 25 pound jumps with squats. As a beginner, the difference between what you can do for reps and your max is usually smaller than you think, and its def a smaller gap procentually than for an advanced lifter. Just another 5 pounds can feel a lot heavier from my experience. You also lose a lot of confidence, speed and technical efficiency when you go for really heavy singles.

About the genetics thing:
Hard to tell with that particular guy. He's def big.
Could just be good lightning though and using some smart tricks to seem bigger. Lightning can make a huge difference and then he can play around with contrast and definition in photoshop and whatever.

Skeens right that I'm an ecto. Tiny wrists and so on but at least I've got decently broad shoulders. Being 6'3 is not doing me any favors in looking big, but I'm fine with that. I think Fuji's even more ecto than me though so I wonder what he looks like now at 175, 6'3".



Unrelated cooking tip:
You can make your own jam with thawed berries and psyllium husk (a pure fiber powder). Works really well as the fiber powder absorbs the excess liquid from the thawed berries and makes it a sticky texture. Probably cheaper and def less calorie dense than regular jam, without all the sugar. Good for cutting at least.

Nah, I can put away solid food just fine, I never really had the issue of not being able to consume large amounts of food in one sitting.

Just convenience

I actually do take psylium husk already, maybe i'll try that with the thawed berries
post #39810 of 57263
30" waist uniqlo jeggings are pretty much falling off of me now. Probably finish my cut with like a 27 or 28" waist or something. Upper body has maintained the same size still 41" chest. Will post pics when im done, gonna be auschwitz mode, but because of my frame and the fact all my insertions make me look wide not thick it looks quite aesthetic. So excite to carb up on monday. Also I found out crossbows are legal in the UK, come at me crossbow.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts