or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 2579

post #38671 of 46446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

Been making my own dough and baking my own bread. Hoping that the lack of preservatives, sugar, and fat will aid in my weightloss goal.

Doubt it.
post #38672 of 46446
I think it will, comparing lean bread macro-nutrients vs store bought bread.
post #38673 of 46446
Looks like I'm well on my road to hitting a 650 or more in May.

This is a PR btw.
post #38674 of 46446
Dat double overhand grip...
post #38675 of 46446
What's worse than WAYWT talking about fitness? The thrift thread talking about fitness. Jimmies have been rustled.
post #38676 of 46446
Jarude what did you squat, 225 x 16? Last week %s put my 12+ day at 205lbs, maybe next cycle. That's still brutal though.

Nice pulls Charly. Form is looking solid
post #38677 of 46446
Thanks for all the advice regarding cut guys, gonna take it nice and slow, keep protein high and follow IF protocol regarding carbs like conceptionist said, hope all goes well.
post #38678 of 46446
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post

Dat double overhand grip...

Just a hook grip! biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

Nice pulls Charly. Form is looking solid

Thanks. I think that's been the main culprit for my sudden increase in sumo numbers. Been working on getting my feet out wider and get hips closer to the bar. Can't get any wider with the feet without a big chance of cutting off my toes haha.
post #38679 of 46446
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchariybrown View Post

Looks like I'm well on my road to hitting a 650 or more in May.

This is a PR btw.

You're a beast, how much longer do you plan on staying natural?
post #38680 of 46446
So one of the things I sort of always knew but Charly re-iterated was the need to have a solid structure to your workout. I think from a pure aesthetics-driven standpoint it's less important, but I think after this comp I'm going to really focus on putting on size and strength for at least a year before competing again. I also realize when I start my new job in July the amount of time I can spend in the gym is going to drastically decrease.

I've been trying to figure out the best approach for packing on some strength/size and not spending 2.5 hours in the gym each day. Wendler's 5-3-1 4-day bodybuilding split looks really promising. It would decrease the amount of working sets I do per workout from 30-40 down to 19 with most of that coming from assistance work.
post #38681 of 46446
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchariybrown View Post

Just a hook grip! biggrin.gif
Thanks. I think that's been the main culprit for my sudden increase in sumo numbers. Been working on getting my feet out wider and get hips closer to the bar. Can't get any wider with the feet without a big chance of cutting off my toes haha.

Ahh hook grip explains it...still mirin hard though.

When you say "hips closer to the bar", is that somewhat synonymous with your upper body being more upright?
post #38682 of 46446
5-3-1 with bodybuilding like assistance work is where it's at.
post #38683 of 46446
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkI View Post

You're a beast, how much longer do you plan on staying natural?

Maybe sometime this year if I can't get my weight up for the 220s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post

Ahh hook grip explains it...still mirin hard though.

When you say "hips closer to the bar", is that somewhat synonymous with your upper body being more upright?

That's one of the things but much more than that. Opening up the hips, pushing the knees outs, relaxing the shoulders, etc smile.gif
post #38684 of 46446
Uh huh...maybe I'll just post a max effort DL next week and let you brahs rip my form apart. teacha.gif
post #38685 of 46446
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post

So one of the things I sort of always knew but Charly re-iterated was the need to have a solid structure to your workout. I think from a pure aesthetics-driven standpoint it's less important, but I think after this comp I'm going to really focus on putting on size and strength for at least a year before competing again. I also realize when I start my new job in July the amount of time I can spend in the gym is going to drastically decrease.

I've been trying to figure out the best approach for packing on some strength/size and not spending 2.5 hours in the gym each day. Wendler's 5-3-1 4-day bodybuilding split looks really promising. It would decrease the amount of working sets I do per workout from 30-40 down to 19 with most of that coming from assistance work.

I have been thinking about stripping down to a real minimalist routine. Bench, shoulder press and 2 types of rows on upper days, squats, deads and calf raises on lower days. All that matters is putting more weight on the bar over time... and keeping workouts short = faster recovery and more frequency. I would try going back to the absolute basics and just adding on a tiny lil bit of accessory work to address weaknesses

My leg day now is just squats and deads. Im wiped after every session and making gains. Frequency > volume IMO.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts