or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 2542

post #38116 of 57263
I
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkI View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeen7908 View Post

You definitely have FAI
Can only flex your hips in abduction?

Please to speak in english and not coldsnap speak?

Anterior hip pain during squats is unusual, no?
Knees? Yes. Back? Yes
But not front of the hip; its uncommon I think

That suggests theres something a bit weird about you

Now you say that widening your stance (abduction) and opening out your hips (external rotation) relieves this pain that you experience at the bottom of your squat (in hip flexion)

These two movements are the exact opposite of what normally AGGRAVATES pain in FAI: impingement is worst in flexion, ADduction and internal rotation.

In order to get painless flexion, you are having to be in maximum ABduction and external rotation to minimize the impingement


Seriously its a potentially major problem in a decade or two. Accelerated osteoarthritis and future hip replacement etc

Obviously I cant diagnose you over the internet but the story just seems so classic its hard to think of what else it could be

I mean if it was your internal rotator muscles that would be worse from opening up your hips, not better (more stretch)
Hip flexor muscles are not under any sort of stress at the bottom position of a squat
Unusual for SIJ pain to be anterior
Maybe a hernia? Not really any other possibilities
post #38117 of 57263
skeen are you a doctor btw just because i cant be arsed to read your poast history
post #38118 of 57263
Thread Starter 
I have the same issue with narrow stance squats. Doubt it means so many people have some pinpingement syndrome that will make our hips explode. I'll tell you if you were right in 20 years though.
post #38119 of 57263
all of us will need new hips in 20-30 years anyways
post #38120 of 57263
FU, I like my hips just fine tongue.gif
Knees may be a different matter....


So this is the result of 2moths of dream bulk. Pizza, wine gums, cookies, chocolate, fries, cereal and ice cream ad libitum, every day.
Prolly a big jar of haagen or B&J every other day. blush.gif

Time to cut.
post #38121 of 57263
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeen7908 View Post

I
Anterior hip pain during squats is unusual, no?
Knees? Yes. Back? Yes
But not front of the hip; its uncommon I think

That suggests theres something a bit weird about you

Now you say that widening your stance (abduction) and opening out your hips (external rotation) relieves this pain that you experience at the bottom of your squat (in hip flexion)

These two movements are the exact opposite of what normally AGGRAVATES pain in FAI: impingement is worst in flexion, ADduction and internal rotation.

In order to get painless flexion, you are having to be in maximum ABduction and external rotation to minimize the impingement


Seriously its a potentially major problem in a decade or two. Accelerated osteoarthritis and future hip replacement etc

Obviously I cant diagnose you over the internet but the story just seems so classic its hard to think of what else it could be

I mean if it was your internal rotator muscles that would be worse from opening up your hips, not better (more stretch)
Hip flexor muscles are not under any sort of stress at the bottom position of a squat
Unusual for SIJ pain to be anterior
Maybe a hernia? Not really any other possibilities

It was never the front of my hip that hurt, it was the side..
post #38122 of 57263
Mark you should take a video of your new form so we can see. There was a lot of disfunction in your previous squat, and it might help to get some eyes on your new form.

On a squat related note, I found that my damn form changes almost every 3 months. It's like my form was all different from 95lbs-185lbs, 200lbs-250lbs, 250lbs-300lbs, and 300lbs-325lbs.
post #38123 of 57263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

Mark you should take a video of your new form so we can see. There was a lot of disfunction in your previous squat, and it might help to get some eyes on your new form.

On a squat related note, I found that my damn form changes almost every 3 months. It's like my form was all different from 95lbs-185lbs, 200lbs-250lbs, 250lbs-300lbs, and 300lbs-325lbs.

I'll get some vids next sesh
post #38124 of 57263
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeen7908 View Post

You definitely have FAI
Can only flex your hips in abduction?

While possible, and maybe likely, this is such a shitshow type of comment. FAI can be confirmed 100% via CT after thorough mechanical testing and rotation deficits. If his hip was hurting outside near the trochanteric hip it is more likely that it is bursitis-like or IT band tightness related. In this case strengthening the adductors would be a bigger "bang for the buck" argument, and a wider stance being more comfortable makes sense. Glute med and max also.
post #38125 of 57263
hope rhet had a happy new year. i confirmed my status as a grouchy old man at heart by drinking 2 glasses of wine and going to bed at 12:30am. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif gorged on ollie bollen, if you dont know what that shit is learn yourself up on the nederlands and my aryan heritage, then get back to me.

then i got up to make the most stupendous fucking breakfast concoction i've eaten in a damn long time:

3tbsp butter
1.5 cup milk
8 eggs
.5 cup flour
.25 cup starch
1tsp baking powder
1tsp salt
3 cup shredded cheese
3 cup hash browns
12 strips bacon crumbled

melt butter in pan (9x13 if you give a shit), layer bottom of pan with hash browns. whisk all other ingredients except cheese together, then mix in cheese once its smooth. pour over hashbrown layer. bake at 350 for 45 mins. fucking godmode cheesy egg and bacon loaf breakfast, im telling you.

also my resolution is to sack up and stop being a bitch and just lift with straight arms only until i unfuck my elbow. any ideas on movements i can do that wont stress the forearms/elbows? so far i have deadlift variations, straight-arm pulldowns/pullovers, and shrugs. wat do
post #38126 of 57263
Thread Starter 
weighted lunges, hanging leg swings, side planks, front/side raises... could try squats with hands out to the collars?
post #38127 of 57263
for some reason, front/side raises aggravate my forearm something fierce... even band lateral raises hurt like hell. i cant really grip anything, so i can do stuff with straps with the weight just hanging at my side but not much else. ill try the squats thing, never thought of that.

i just got a copy of kelsos shrug book and there are a lot of really nifty movements in there. i will probably end up doing something like
post #38128 of 57263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transcendental View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeen7908 View Post

You definitely have FAI
Can only flex your hips in abduction?

While possible, and maybe likely, this is such a shitshow type of comment. FAI can be confirmed 100% via CT after thorough mechanical testing and rotation deficits. If his hip was hurting outside near the trochanteric hip it is more likely that it is bursitis-like or IT band tightness related. In this case strengthening the adductors would be a bigger "bang for the buck" argument, and a wider stance being more comfortable makes sense. Glute med and max also.

Meh go fuck yourself.

I thought he said front.
post #38129 of 57263
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post

for some reason, front/side raises aggravate my forearm something fierce... even band lateral raises hurt like hell. i cant really grip anything, so i can do stuff with straps with the weight just hanging at my side but not much else. ill try the squats thing, never thought of that.

i just got a copy of kelsos shrug book and there are a lot of really nifty movements in there. i will probably end up doing something like

The drawing of the guy on the cover of kelsos shrug book is so disproportionate it makes me uncomfortable.
post #38130 of 57263
Thread Starter 
First workout of the year sucked BBC and gagged

a week of little/no sleep did not help me to get ready for breaking PRs
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts