or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 2523

post #37831 of 57262
BB.com offering 50k for whoever has the "best transformation" this spring. The start date happens to correspond with the first day of my cut and I'll be doing contest prep during the spring. Winning a prize would be just icing on the cake for this prep.

I seriously feel like I'm in this cocoon just waiting to come out. I can tell I'm making awesome gains this bulk, but it's all hidden under body fat. Chest, lats, and calves have blown up. Shoulders and traps still lag somewhat but are starting to catch up since I've changed things up. I can tell my abs are bigger and will be more prominent. I can't wait for spring to roll around so I can see my hard work pay off.
post #37832 of 57262
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post

BB.com offering 50k for whoever has the "best transformation" this spring. The start date happens to correspond with the first day of my cut and I'll be doing contest prep during the spring. Winning a prize would be just icing on the cake for this prep.

I seriously feel like I'm in this cocoon just waiting to come out. I can tell I'm making awesome gains this bulk, but it's all hidden under body fat. Chest, lats, and calves have blown up. Shoulders and traps still lag somewhat but are starting to catch up since I've changed things up. I can tell my abs are bigger and will be more prominent. I can't wait for spring to roll around so I can see my hard work pay off.


BRB getting fat as fuck and bloated before the competition then buying loads of gear and making all kinds of gains through the spring, come at me 50k or is it 50k reps?


Bruised my ribcage on front squats. Did 120kg, on the way up I leaned a bit forward, belt went up and pushed into my ribs. Feels bad.
post #37833 of 57262
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post

BRB getting fat as fuck and bloated before the competition then buying loads of gear and making all kinds of gains through the spring, come at me 50k or is it 50k reps?


Bruised my ribcage on front squats. Did 120kg, on the way up I leaned a bit forward, belt went up and pushed into my ribs. Feels bad.

they automatically add 50k posts to your BB account
post #37834 of 57262
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_L9AJ-gQD0

Need a form check on Sumo DL's.

From what I can tell I need to keep my lower back more neutral
post #37835 of 57262
PR hang clean at 300lbs (136kg) this week. Pretty pleased with that. Still wish my body wasn't so poorly proportioned for squats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post

I seriously feel like I'm in this cocoon just waiting to come out. I can tell I'm making awesome gains this bulk, but it's all hidden under body fat. Chest, lats, and calves have blown up. Shoulders and traps still lag somewhat but are starting to catch up since I've changed things up. I can tell my abs are bigger and will be more prominent. I can't wait for spring to roll around so I can see my hard work pay off.

fing02[1].gif I'm in the same boat. Although I'm more concerned with body composition as a means to an end--where that end is a 300kg total--I also have put on some decent size since going full throttle in October. Had to buy some new clothing up a size (or two) in the last month; nothing special just cheap shit. Definitely growing that thick weight lifter torso, and even my arms are getting some extra attention as I've found that benching is helping with lock-out on the jerk and snatch and rows are helping with the pulls. As a side note, apparently Klokov and Ilyin will do "body-building" type isolation exercises to emphasize weaknesses, so now I don't feel like a traitor for hitting up the curl bar or cable machine from time to time redface.gif

I'm gonna keep going until mid-February since I have a wedding to attend at the end of March. I'll go on a bit of a diet for 5-6 weeks in an effort to drop any unnecessary padding and fit into my nice suits for the wedding. I have a feeling I may need to hit up the tailor for some alterations anyway, and/or wear my suit with (gasp) pleated pants.
post #37836 of 57262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_L9AJ-gQD0

Need a form check on Sumo DL's.

From what I can tell I need to keep my lower back more neutral

Looks a bit like you're squatting the weight up to me, and doing the deadlift in two distinct phases. I think this applies:
post #37837 of 57262
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLSI View Post

Looks a bit like you're squatting the weight up to me, and doing the deadlift in two distinct phases. I think this applies:

Yea, I wana look like that dude. Looks like he has a torn quad too
post #37838 of 57262
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post

BB.com offering 50k for whoever has the "best transformation" this spring. The start date happens to correspond with the first day of my cut and I'll be doing contest prep during the spring. Winning a prize would be just icing on the cake for this prep.

I seriously feel like I'm in this cocoon just waiting to come out. I can tell I'm making awesome gains this bulk, but it's all hidden under body fat. Chest, lats, and calves have blown up. Shoulders and traps still lag somewhat but are starting to catch up since I've changed things up. I can tell my abs are bigger and will be more prominent. I can't wait for spring to roll around so I can see my hard work pay off.

Post the link I'd compete.
post #37839 of 57262
If you want to sumo deadlift properly, definitely listen to Chris's video that VSLI posted.

The couple times I've chatted with Chris about my sumos, the tips he gave me were a godsend.



One other thing that has helped me a lot is bringing my stance wider and wider - albeit, very gradually week by week.
post #37840 of 57262
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchariybrown View Post

If you want to sumo deadlift properly, definitely listen to Chris's video that VSLI posted.

The couple times I've chatted with Chris about my sumos, the tips he gave me were a godsend.



One other thing that has helped me a lot is bringing my stance wider and wider - albeit, very gradually week by week.


I've crushed my foot with a warm up weight before. Generally have my toes about a half inch or so from the plates. Considered putting a few 10kg plates on first so I have more room.


I am so excited for my new gym, getting nice rogue equipment, proper benches, non poverty dbs, rubber flooring and bumpers. Can't wait to drop some 2 plate jerks over my head whilst screaming. RHET has been very peaceful lately, wondering how long it'll be till the next bish fest. Do you think the distribution of bitch fests follows say an exponential distribution in the aspect that it is memoryless or if the fact that it has been a while increases the chance.
post #37841 of 57262
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihambrecht View Post

Post the link I'd compete.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/100k-challenge.html
post #37842 of 57262
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post

I've crushed my foot with a warm up weight before. Generally have my toes about a half inch or so from the plates. Considered putting a few 10kg plates on first so I have more room.

I don't think I'm 1cm/0.5" from the plates lol

I'm about 3" away on each side.. butttttt I used a deadlift bar which is longer than a standard bar.
post #37843 of 57262
What kind of bars do meets usually use?
post #37844 of 57262
New Squat PR. 275. Not the highest, but the highest i've done with proper depth so far (now that i think about it, I haven't done proper strength training in a loooong time jesus)

Plus I know i have more than that in me.
post #37845 of 57262
Those New Balances I bought a couple months ago are soleless so I've been lifting without socks. Worked fine until I took them off after lifting just now, holy shit my feet stankkk.

I hit 2x5x345 squat my first try a couple weeks ago, then didn't lift for a while, tried squatting 350 last squat sesh and could only hit 2, 1. Today after getting back into it I lifted 4, failed on the 5th rep, then couldn't even do 1 in the second set. My legs were so noodly and felt like insta-DOMS all up in my quads after that first set. I don't know if it's because I went to failure or I fucked something up, but it sucked!

Also, saw two guys with gloves and straps pulling 135 with alternate grip. They thought that slamming the weights down was the most important part of the lift, I think.

Also saw a guy with gloves and straps kipping-curling an 80-lb EZ-bar.

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. Can't wait to see more of this after new years. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts