or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 2509

post #37621 of 42523
Oh phew thought i had a porn virus
post #37622 of 42523
Yea.. this is stupid. 1/6th of the page b.s. See yall in the morning lol
post #37623 of 42523
Thread Starter 
Psyched about doing 3/5/1 SVR
post #37624 of 42523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eason View Post

Psyched about doing 3/5/1 SVR
I just decided today that I was going to switch to the SVR variation too. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Are you going to be doing BBB sets as assistance?
post #37625 of 42523
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut View Post

I just decided today that I was going to switch to the SVR variation too. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Are you going to be doing BBB sets as assistance?

Yes, but I alternate it so it's light press after I bench heavy and squat light after dl heavy, etc.

edit: actually, looking at my programming I might not. I would still do assistance (rows after all upper body exercises, pullups) but I don't think I need to do more pushing.

I made a table and uploaded it here if you're interested: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_UppXo8ZcHvSmEydkFrRlBYMWc/edit?usp=sharing (not sure why the tables are like that)
Edited by Eason - 12/12/13 at 11:09pm
post #37626 of 42523
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLSI View Post

they don't sell bronkaid around here for some reason.
http://www.styleforum.net/t/164395/transparent-moderation-log-site-topics-part-ii/13920#post_6791620

They probably do but it'll be behind the pharmacy counter and they won't bring it to you until you brandish your ID. Also this: http://www.hotnfit.com/ecstack/ec-dosages
post #37627 of 42523
the sarah robles case is dumb as shit.
post #37628 of 42523
Does military pressing give anyone else DOMS in their ribs???
post #37629 of 42523

I've had some knee pain creeping up lately.

Maybe it can be attributed to my switch to 3x heavy squatting a week vs once a week like I did before. Also, I have a hard time keeping the knees out on the ascent. Their not caving inwards, but the knees are not as far out to the sides as when I'm going down into the hole.

 

Anyway, this had me thinking about getting a pair of knee sleeves. Are the old rehband 7mm the ones to get? I see they have some "core line" 5mm version now and there's several other companies offering 5mm cheaper.

 

While we're at it, does anyone here lift in a weightlifting suit? I'm quite tempted to get one for reasons I can't really justify or understand myself, lol. Any benefits to using a suit? Still considered lifting "raw"? I'm a bit confused about weightlifting suits / powerlifting suites and the single / multiple ply differenies and rules

post #37630 of 42523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid View Post

Does military pressing give anyone else DOMS in their ribs???

I feel it in my serratus a little, not exactly ribs. I think it's normal.
post #37631 of 42523
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptionist View Post

I've had some knee pain creeping up lately.
Maybe it can be attributed to my switch to 3x heavy squatting a week vs once a week like I did before. Also, I have a hard time keeping the knees out on the ascent. Their not caving inwards, but the knees are not as far out to the sides as when I'm going down into the hole.

Anyway, this had me thinking about getting a pair of knee sleeves. Are the old rehband 7mm the ones to get? I see they have some "core line" 5mm version now and there's several other companies offering 5mm cheaper.

While we're at it, does anyone here lift in a weightlifting suit? I'm quite tempted to get one for reasons I can't really justify or understand myself, lol. Any benefits to using a suit? Still considered lifting "raw"? I'm a bit confused about weightlifting suits / powerlifting suites and the single / multiple ply differenies and rules

Maybe you're shoving them too far out? Get a video from the front.

The old blue Rehbands for sure.

Weightlifting suit? You mean a singlet pretty much? It's raw and they don't give you any support. Don't buy it unless you compete unless you want to look like a weirdo in the gym. And don't even think about starting with single ply or multi ply gear until you do all of the following: decide you want to compete, get some healthy raw numbers first, and get training partners that also compete in gear.

I only wear my singlet leading up to competitions just cause I like to replicate meet conditions. No one looks at me funny because most guys in the gym because most guys know when I'm leading up to a meet.
post #37632 of 42523
bicep mri came back inconclusive. they want me to go back and do a shoulder mri. did chest say and rubbed tiger balm on it. feels alright today--not great, but not really painful.
post #37633 of 42523
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptionist View Post

I've had some knee pain creeping up lately.
Maybe it can be attributed to my switch to 3x heavy squatting a week vs once a week like I did before. Also, I have a hard time keeping the knees out on the ascent. Their not caving inwards, but the knees are not as far out to the sides as when I'm going down into the hole.

Anyway, this had me thinking about getting a pair of knee sleeves. Are the old rehband 7mm the ones to get? I see they have some "core line" 5mm version now and there's several other companies offering 5mm cheaper.

While we're at it, does anyone here lift in a weightlifting suit? I'm quite tempted to get one for reasons I can't really justify or understand myself, lol. Any benefits to using a suit? Still considered lifting "raw"? I'm a bit confused about weightlifting suits / powerlifting suites and the single / multiple ply differenies and rules

plz no singlet.


Personally I prefer a heavier knee sleeve, like a light wrap. I wear some triple ply elastic ones.
Edited by fuji - 12/13/13 at 7:15am
post #37634 of 42523
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkI View Post

I feel it in my serratus a little, not exactly ribs. I think it's normal.
Yup, weak serratus muscle. Try holding a barbell overhead for time and feel ultimate serratus, Lats and trap doms
post #37635 of 42523
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchariybrown View Post

Not sure how long it took but..

225x2x5

Hit all reps, then go up 10 pounds the following week until you stall.

If you stall for more than two weeks.. then the following week, add 10 pounds and drop to 2 sets of 3.

Again, if you stall for more than two weeks, the following week, add 10 and go to 2x2.

Once you stall here, I like to dial back the weight and go back to 2x5, usually with the weight you used on your second to last week of doing 2x5's.


This is all highly dependent on your diet and your routine as a whole of course.

Shall try. Did you follow same type of pattern on bench?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts