or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 2487

post #37291 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnuckols View Post


Who wears baseball gloves to swing a sledgehammer?  That's taking something manly and completely ruining it.  I guess he has to keep his palmolive hands to make up for his lack of a soul.



He's in the crossfit games.
post #37292 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkI View Post

I'll make it brah.

It'll be my first complete year of lifting come February.

I was skinny fat before and I cut down big time.

Why would I not take advantage of sick beginner gains and dreamer bulk?

I think the people saying cutting is going to be difficult are mistaken.

I personally found cutting to be MUCH easier than dreamer bulking. You're gonna be fine brah
post #37293 of 57266
How much protein you guys shoot for? 1g/lb is a lot, not sure what my lbm is anymore. Got in about 120g protein, 2300 kcals yesterday.
post #37294 of 57266
Like 350g or so.. and lots of carbs and fats.
post #37295 of 57266
Every study I've seen on the subject says around .75g/lb is enough. I go for 1g/lb to be on the safe side.
post #37296 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post

Every study I've seen on the subject says around .75g/lb is enough. I go for 1g/lb to be on the safe side.

Every study I've cared to read (not many) have said the same thing.

I prefer to go by what works for me and a bunch of others though.
post #37297 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchariybrown View Post

I prefer to go by what works for me and a bunch of others though.

Just because it works, does not imply that less wouldn't. Have you actually ever tried less?
post #37298 of 57266
Man's gotta eat!
post #37299 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLSI View Post

Just because it works, does not imply that less wouldn't. Have you actually ever tried less?

My post also doesn't imply that I haven't tried less haha

And yes, I've tried less. I gain better with at least 300-350g protein getting inside me.

And to be honest, even if I didn't "need" the 350g.. I would probably get that much anyways.. I don't really have a "carb tooth".. definitely more of a fats/meats/salts type of guy.
post #37300 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post


It would be sweet to train there this summer. Although Steve mentioned yesterday at Powerhouse that she was looking for an internship, and we were hoping it would be in Raleigh! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

NYC, California (either LA or SF), and Raleigh are our top three choices.  Between those three, she'll probably just jump on the best opportunity to set herself up for landing a job.  And I'll just be along for the ride!

post #37301 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post

How much protein you guys shoot for? 1g/lb is a lot, not sure what my lbm is anymore. Got in about 120g protein, 2300 kcals yesterday.


I probably get about 150g/day

post #37302 of 57266
SEE? knucks =/= greg nuckols!
post #37303 of 57266
Greg, I am currently working on bringing out my squat stance pretty wide like yours. Any tips on mobility/stretching to get into that position? Or any mental cues I though keep in mind?

Forgot to mention I have a low bar position and use oly shoes.
post #37304 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchariybrown View Post

Greg, I am currently working on bringing out my squat stance pretty wide like yours. Any tips on mobility/stretching to get into that position? Or any mental cues I though keep in mind?

Forgot to mention I have a low bar position and use oly shoes.


The biggest thing is to just point your toes out farther.  Don't pull a K-Starr and try to point your toes straight ahead.  Go 45-60 degrees out and just let your knees track straight over your toes.  With maybe 135-225, you can work on your width.  Get where you're comfortable, sink a couple, widen your feet an inch or so, sink a couple more pausing in the bottom, etc until you're hitting depth at the stance width you want.

post #37305 of 57266
Will try paused breathing squats today.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts