Hit the gym today for the first time after taking an entire week completely off from lifting. Did a high volume chest/tri day. A couple thoughts:
1. Wow, for the first time in a LONG time not a single part of my body aches.
2. Numbers were a bit down, but that's to be expected considering I hadn't touched a weight in a week and haven't taking any supplements in that time
3. For the first time in a LONG time I got that feeling of euphoria mid-workout. Forgot how good that felt.
4. Expecting to be ULTRA sore tomorrow morning for the first time in a long time.
5. Benched pain free for the first time in months.
6. Had a dream last night about a killer workout. Woke up super stoked to hit the gym -- hadn't felt mentally psyched to lift in a while so it was nice to get that back.
Overall I think it was a success. I got to rehab a few lingering injuries I had during that time, and I think I was able to "reset" mentally. Now to keep on bulking till Mid-January.