or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 2432

post #36466 of 46355
But obviously many people do believe that or they would go out of business or lower their prices. You say you dont think it's worth it, but if you didn't have that pass, what would you do? You'd either pay it or find a different gym and likely pay similar membership fees.
post #36467 of 46355
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLSI View Post

But obviously many people do believe that or they would go out of business or lower their prices. You say you dont think it's worth it, but if you didn't have that pass, what would you do? You'd either pay it or find a different gym and likely pay similar membership fees.

It's nice having a free pass, but if I was without it I would just use the gym on campus, like I used to.

And yeah, people do think it's worth it, because they have good classes, and well equipped cardio rooms, etc. For someone who's interest lies mainly in lifting weights, it's not the perfect gym for that. So yeah, the fact that it's not worth it to me, but is to other people is a completely viable thing to say.

Some people also don't think it's "worth" it to pay $600 for a leather jacket, some people do.
post #36468 of 46355
Everyone values different things. That's why i dont think it's fair to objectively say it's not worh 80/month. Don't really care though, use the pass as long as you can.

I only need 1 person to so I can reorder this damn thing. Price 'em high biggrin.gif

On topic, will he signing up for local PF next time they run a special waiving sign up fee. Works out to 12.50/month.
post #36469 of 46355
30 bucks a month
post #36470 of 46355
I'm looking for a place with a pool and the local Y has the best location. 28 biweekly, wtf. No other place is close enough for 6am lifting and I do not want to deal with the after work gymbro crowd.
post #36471 of 46355
Paid $200 for a two-year membership at Urban Active (now LA Fitness). Charged a $15 fee every six months. Essentially $260 for two years, so under $11/month.

Not the best gym for PLing but I just need a barbell, squat rack, bench, and weights to get shit done.
post #36472 of 46355
I pay $30/mo, 5 story Golds including pool, hot tub, sauna, etc. I made a down payment when I signed up to get my monthly fees down, don't remember what that was.
post #36473 of 46355
18 dolla
post #36474 of 46355
Jelly of you yankees with your low monthly fees. 60/month for shitty weight room and a pool is frown.gif
post #36475 of 46355
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post

What gym fees do you guys pay?

~580 USD a year for one place (all locations)

~750 USD a year for my other gym which was only one location but more swanky, but I never go there anymore.
post #36476 of 46355
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post

Jelly of you yankees with your low monthly fees. 60/month for shitty weight room and a pool is frown.gif
I'm 35 a month for a two new two story gym with two power racks, large weight room, pools, sauna, spa, tanning salon, hair salon and a bunch of nonsense like TRX and some sprint treadmill thing i never used.
post #36477 of 46355
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post

Jelly of you yankees with your low monthly fees. 60/month for shitty weight room and a pool is frown.gif

Just be glad you don't live in Korea..

When I was there I was paying like $110-120 a month for the shittiest gym in the worth.

No power cage.

One pretty stupid squat rack that you had to back wayyyy out of because the nonadjustable pins were too high.

One flat bench that was terrible.

No incline or decline bench press stations.

Two adjustable benches.

Dumbbells only went to 100.

No plate-loaded machines.
post #36478 of 46355
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post

What gym fees do you guys pay?

$440 for 2 yrs at Golds Gym I think. Good deal
post #36479 of 46355
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchariybrown View Post

Just be glad you don't live in Korea..

When I was there I was paying like $110-120 a month for the shittiest gym in the worth.

No power cage.

One pretty stupid squat rack that you had to back wayyyy out of because the nonadjustable pins were too high.

One flat bench that was terrible.

No incline or decline bench press stations.

Two adjustable benches.

Dumbbells only went to 100.

No plate-loaded machines.
This sounds terrible. A bar, some plates and a bunch of 6x6 beams would work better as a gym.
post #36480 of 46355
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihambrecht View Post

This sounds terrible. A bar, some plates and a bunch of 6x6 beams would work better as a gym.

Agreed.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts