or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 2408

post #36106 of 49347
Nice lifting meet people... well done all around. Its motivating/inspiring to see work done on the platform. Dare I ask for CS meet vids? stirpot.gif
post #36107 of 49347
I only got my deadlift. Squat was sort of a mess and I didn't want to bug someone to film it, I did PR but I was hoping to blow it out of the water. With my shit sleep I lost all finesse and speed that I usually have in the squat and reverted back to old habits of squatting too low.

I should have probably attempted 375 deadlift, happy with how this looked. I'll get 400 in training pretty quick I believe, just need to rework my starting position and pulling the bar back more.

Edited by Coldsnap - 11/3/13 at 2:33pm
post #36108 of 49347
Gj CS and Charly. Always mirin those who have the cajones to compete.
post #36109 of 49347
There's a pretty crazy interview with Klokov in Power Magazine this month. He said his dreams are to follow Schwarzenegger's career path.
post #36110 of 49347
Karelin's a politician so there's precedent for him. But then again being one of the most dominant athletes of the entire history of sports compares favorably to 'just' a world championship.
post #36111 of 49347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

There's a pretty crazy interview with Klokov in Power Magazine this month. He said his dreams are to follow Schwarzenegger's career path.

I believe he has the charisma and raw talent, but dude needs to learn to speak english first
post #36112 of 49347
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkI View Post

I believe he has the charisma and raw talent, but dude needs to learn to speak english first
Why? Schwarzenegger didn't rimshot.gif

Schwarzenegger blazed a trail; I can't think of anything dude could do to top or even come close to Arnie WRT impact.
post #36113 of 49347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

I only got my deadlift. Squat was sort of a mess and I didn't want to bug someone to film it, I did PR but I was hoping to blow it out of the water. With my shit sleep I lost all finesse and speed that I usually have in the squat and reverted back to old habits of squatting too low.

I should have probably attempted 375 deadlift, happy with how this looked. I'll get 400 in training pretty quick I believe, just need to rework my starting position and pulling the bar back more.

Was kinda hoping you were the dude with the beard.
post #36114 of 49347
That dude was fucking huge. Think he's a well ranking strongman. Nice guy, he gave me a lil bump on my squats when I nearly got stuck.hah
post #36115 of 49347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post


post #36116 of 49347
Got my GMAT practice score up from 690 to 710 in two weeks. Now if only I could get that up another 20-40 points in two more weeks I'll be set. Nervous as fuck for this test, no idea how I'm doing so shitty on the math portion
post #36117 of 49347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post

Got my GMAT practice score up from 690 to 710 in two weeks. Now if only I could get that up another 20-40 points in two more weeks I'll be set. Nervous as fuck for this test, no idea how I'm doing so shitty on the math portion

How can you know maths up to being able to do Laplace transforms and not be doing well on the maths section of the GMAT? I may have to do the GMAT as I'm thinking of doing my masters in America, but it's 2 years, so much more money and American schools don't go into the same depth as British schools. Will probably go to either Imperial or Oxford for stats or stay at LSE for finance, but I could get on dat der ivy time. Where are you thinking of going?
post #36118 of 49347
Bench and deads have stalled hard lately, despite resets and deloading. Squats still going up but judging by my recovery I highly believe I could squat and bench with higher frequency than 1x per week with accessory.

I know that program hopping is bad unless you're completely stuck, but I'm pretty tempted to get on a 3x a week full body compound program. Ice Cream Fitness 5x5 looks like good mix with compound focus but high enough volume and some assistance to help with aesthetics.
post #36119 of 49347
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

I only got my deadlift. Squat was sort of a mess and I didn't want to bug someone to film it, I did PR but I was hoping to blow it out of the water. With my shit sleep I lost all finesse and speed that I usually have in the squat and reverted back to old habits of squatting too low.

I should have probably attempted 375 deadlift, happy with how this looked. I'll get 400 in training pretty quick I believe, just need to rework my starting position and pulling the bar back more.

Well I have to give you props for competing... though I'm pretty sure my $100 is safe. biggrin.gif
post #36120 of 49347
Just to verify when people refer to the Ice Cream Fitness 5x5 they're referring to a program written by that fat dude who accuses everyone with a better physique than him of being on gear, right?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts