or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 2377

post #35641 of 57262

Coldsnap:

What's the best way for improving ankle dorsiflexion?

It needs to be improved for sitting straight down in front squats. I tend to sit back too much. Gonna buy OLY shoes later but want to fix it as much as I can first.

post #35642 of 57262
Reg squat sess + 50 front squats + 25 pause squats. I feel like jelly.
post #35643 of 57262

Damn, that's a lot of squats. You must've built up gradually to that volume right? I can't imagine the DOMS the next day, ha.

My legs are a bit lagging, both in strength and size. Gonna increase my squat volume. Probably gonna ramp up to a top double or triple around 90%-95% and then do back-off sets 5x5 or 3x5. 3x5 front squats on DL days.

post #35644 of 57262
post #35645 of 57262
Fuckkkkkkk

Did the brakes and hatch springs on my car last night

So much fucking DOMS. Today is supposed to be hyper push/pull day, debating not going. So much other shit to do anyway. Fucking sucks
post #35646 of 57262
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptionist View Post

Coldsnap:
What's the best way for improving ankle dorsiflexion?
It needs to be improved for sitting straight down in front squats. I tend to sit back too much. Gonna buy OLY shoes later but want to fix it as much as I can first.

I don't know frown.gif Never had ankle flexion issues, mostly prob because I squat in oly shoes and that makes it easy to mask that sort of problem. There's probably some good stuff in the Supple Leopard book on it.
post #35647 of 57262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolo View Post

I like the gym atmosphere of your gym, virus. But diamond plate steel floors? Looks like a recipe for disaster.

It may be the only downside of this gym. Rest is top notch though and it's cheap (30 bucks a month). Not complaining icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif There's also some sexy ladies prepping for bodybuilding shows.
post #35648 of 57262

Actually, as soon as I posted that question I remembered that got the book as a PDF.

Checked out the part about ankle dorsiflexion and found some good stuff. Pretty much what I expected:

Some banded distractions moving in and out of end range and some seriously painful digging with the lacrosse ball. Aslo tried that thing when you put the lacrosse ball around your heel cord and ankle and hit it real hard to unglue the muscles (?).

 

Did it for 10 minutes or so but barely noticed any difference. Never experienced such a stubborn issue before. Def gonna get squat shoes when I'm back home.

 

That leaves me to the next question:

What squat shoes are you guys using?

 

Wanna buy a good pair once. Doesn't really matter if it's a bit more expensive. Currently looking at Adipowers and Romaleos 2.

post #35649 of 57262
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptionist View Post

Actually, as soon as I posted that question I remembered that got the book as a PDF.
Checked out the part about ankle dorsiflexion and found some good stuff. Pretty much what I expected:

Some banded distractions moving in and out of end range and some seriously painful digging with the lacrosse ball. Aslo tried that thing when you put the lacrosse ball around your heel cord and ankle and hit it real hard to unglue the muscles (?).


Did it for 10 minutes or so but barely noticed any difference. Never experienced such a stubborn issue before. Def gonna get squat shoes when I'm back home.

That leaves me to the next question:
What squat shoes are you guys using?

Wanna buy a good pair once. Doesn't really matter if it's a bit more expensive. Currently looking at Adipowers and Romaleos 2.

You try these too? They are pretty good, you can scale them by moving your foot father away from the way, sorta silly how hard they are.
post #35650 of 57262
http://www.adidas.com/us/product/mens-training-power-perfect-20-shoes/EV210

Love them and cheap. Definitely recommend the higher end if you can afford it. It's a good investment.
post #35651 of 57262
Adipowers are great. I have no experience with other shoes, but these are very nice. I've read romaleos are wider, adipowers narrow, so probably best to jut decide which will fit your foot best.
post #35652 of 57262
Quote:
Originally Posted by virus646 View Post

http://www.adidas.com/us/product/mens-training-power-perfect-20-shoes/EV210

Love them and cheap. Definitely recommend the higher end if you can afford it. It's a good investment.

+1 these are the best
post #35653 of 57262
Can someone explain the difference between mobility and flexibility
post #35654 of 57262
What grip width do you guys use for overhead press?

I've been using a shoulder-width grip = same as where I grip the bar when doing front squat but am wondering if I should be wider?
post #35655 of 57262
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKJTG View Post

Can someone explain the difference between mobility and flexibility

My understanding is that mobility is range of motion you have control over, flexibility is range of motion that you're body is capable of moving.

Flexibility >= mobility, mobility is a subset of flexibility
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts