or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 2364

post #35446 of 49065
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellsbebc View Post

Any exercises or mental cues to help assist? Know VLSI recommended squeezing the glutes

mental cues probably won't be of much help there. chinese weightlifters reportedly do paused squatting at parallel but then again the chinese do fucking everything under the sun. I'm not a proponent of this 'firing your muscles' thing - if you squat correctly (or should I say, are taught to squat correctly) every muscle that is needed to perform the movement is working.

sorry for being of no help
post #35447 of 49065
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post

Couldn't hit reps on incline last night. Fucking sucked.

I'm hooked on gainz now guys. No idea how I'm gonna cut in the spring. Thanks a fucking lot.

Gotta get my diet on point here because I'm just eating like a sloppy motherfucker.

Did we put together that lifting spreadsheet yet?

Someone made the sheet, I don't know if anyone has been using it.

People cut way too early. I'm not cutting until I enter the 3/4/5 club
post #35448 of 49065
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid View Post

Someone made the sheet, I don't know if anyone has been using it.

People cut way too early. I'm not cutting until I enter the 3/4/5 club

Wtf is the 3/4/5 club
post #35449 of 49065
300 bench 400 squat 500 Dl i'm assuming
post #35450 of 49065
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagrangian View Post

mental cues probably won't be of much help there. chinese weightlifters reportedly do paused squatting at parallel but then again the chinese do fucking everything under the sun. I'm not a proponent of this 'firing your muscles' thing - if you squat correctly (or should I say, are taught to squat correctly) every muscle that is needed to perform the movement is working.

sorry for being of no help

My point was that I sometimes find on the way up that my glutes aren't tight and that focusing on contracting them helps me push through the rep. Sure it's not really a cue it you're already doing everything right smile.gif
post #35451 of 49065
Maybe I just need to answer my own question like I answer other people's.

Random: "I have a weak squat. What should I do to improve?"
Me: "squat more"
Random: "yeah.....but I'm weak at them"
Me: "go squat more"
post #35452 of 49065
Mark great progress, you are well put together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post

but yeah, no need to go completely Coldsnap about it (no hate bro, you're just the other end of the extreme)

I'm really not a form nazi! If it looks good enough that's passes in my book for other lifters, might not for myself but I don't hold everyone to that. You gotta admit some deadlifts / squats been posted here were terrible and hard to watch. TKJTG killed it though, came back and posted a really nice squat at 400#s.
post #35453 of 49065
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLSI View Post

My point was that I sometimes find on the way up that my glutes aren't tight and that focusing on contracting them helps me push through the rep. Sure it's not really a cue it you're already doing everything right smile.gif

was replying to the dude who asked about his squat, not hating on different views so no disrespect
post #35454 of 49065
GN Where the fuck is your avatar from? I laugh every time you post.
post #35455 of 49065
http://www.t-nation.com/supplements/out-supplement-a-bad-diet

Fuckin lol crackup[1].gif

Pretty convenient that they even link you to where you can buy that stuff on their site. So considerate.
post #35456 of 49065
post #35457 of 49065
I RAN INTO ACTION BRONSON IN BROOKLYN. Told him he was jacked and got a double bicep pose picture with him.

love that Deville he's got in that video
post #35458 of 49065
Nice pic
post #35459 of 49065
coldsnap pics or it didn't happen
post #35460 of 49065
I lied, I really didn't get a picture. I broke away from my friends to wander around and wasn't about to give my phone to a random stranger in Brooklyn to take a pic. I regret it though because it was awesome icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif I was so surprised to see him walking down a street alone, invited him to the show were my band was playing but he didn't come.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts