or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 2363

post #35431 of 46454
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy4500 View Post

Adding to list of exercises that suck donkey cock: breathing paused front squats. It feels like with every breath, the weight increases another 10kg. By the time I count 5-mississippi out loud it seems like I'm doing a 1RM.
I'd attend. Where is this thing happening? I wonder if I can get my Grad Student Association to pay for it .....

One of the strongest people ever swears by that lift, breathing paused back squats.
post #35432 of 46454
SQUAT PR
post #35433 of 46454
Fuckin beast man. Good job

Edit: elaborate on plate raises please
post #35434 of 46454
^^ beast mode. The 550lbs looked rough so I was impressed at how smooth 600lbs went. May I ask why you stack the risers behind you on squats? When your ass touches them that means you've hit depth?

Seeking advice on what exercises I should perform to help me with squats. I'm 6'1" and hit ATG squats. At 90% 1RM, I get the elasticity out of hole but grind right at the parallel, just above parallel, point. Once I get through this 4-6" grind I power the weight up with relative ease.
post #35435 of 46454
Shit man. 600lbs. Thats inspirational
post #35436 of 46454
That's one hell of a PR. Whats your opener? Seriously though that's an amazing squat, one of the best I've seen.
post #35437 of 46454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerprawn View Post

Fuckin beast man. Good job

Edit: elaborate on plate raises please

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/front-plate-raise

Helps with front delts, pecs, and abs. I throw them in at the very end of my workout just to get rid of any extra energy I have lying around..they definitely do the trick.
post #35438 of 46454
Ive always wondered what the point of the spotter is in squats

Why not just drop the bar on the pins assuming youve set them at a correct height?
post #35439 of 46454
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellsbebc View Post

I get the elasticity out of hole but grind right at the parallel, just above parallel, point. Once I get through this 4-6" grind I power the weight up with relative ease.

very common sticking point due to the mechanics of the squat
post #35440 of 46454
I have the same thing. I find that focusing on engaging my glutes really helps me grind through that bit.

With that, I'm really pleased with my high bar squat form now. Looks so much better than even just a couple weeks ago. I did deload the weight about 20% to achieve this (and a lot more depth), but it was definitely worth it smile.gif
post #35441 of 46454
Honestly I love and appreciate all the great discussion we have in this thread, but save for maybe Charly and TK we never see if what were doing has any end result.

I'm over being disappointed that my squat may not be perfectly parallel, or that I round a lil bit when I deadlift, etc, etc #fitnesscirclejerk. If what you are doing works for you, that is all that matters.

Uploaded with Imgupr
post #35442 of 46454
your first squat was below parallel and you are perfectly capable of squatting below parallel.

as is everyone.

but yeah, no need to go completely Coldsnap about it (no hate bro, you're just the other end of the extreme)
post #35443 of 46454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagrangian View Post

very common sticking point due to the mechanics of the squat

Exactly. It is the position with the least leverage, and I don't know if my low bar stance has any further impact on that. Any exercises or mental cues to help assist? Know Lahrangian recommended squeezing the glutes
post #35444 of 46454
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellsbebc View Post

^^ beast mode. The 550lbs looked rough so I was impressed at how smooth 600lbs went. May I ask why you stack the risers behind you on squats? When your ass touches them that means you've hit depth?

Seeking advice on what exercises I should perform to help me with squats. I'm 6'1" and hit ATG squats. At 90% 1RM, I get the elasticity out of hole but grind right at the parallel, just above parallel, point. Once I get through this 4-6" grind I power the weight up with relative ease.

The risers are about 3 feet to the left of me. They were just there to elevate my legs so I could get them wrapped.

Lag had it correct. Right above parallel is most raw people's sticking point for squat. As you can see in my videos, it's where I start grinding out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagrangian View Post

very common sticking point due to the mechanics of the squat



Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid View Post

Shit man. 600lbs. Thats inspirational

Thanks man. I hope I give as much inspiration to other lifters as others have given me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

That's one hell of a PR. Whats your opener? Seriously though that's an amazing squat, one of the best I've seen.

Probably open with around 575. Not completely sure. Thanks bud!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerprawn View Post

Fuckin beast man. Good job

Edit: elaborate on plate raises please

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeen7908 View Post

Ive always wondered what the point of the spotter is in squats

Why not just drop the bar on the pins assuming youve set them at a correct height?

Well for one, it gives you a bit more confidence.

Two, it can help you grind out some squats that you wouldn't have gotten without a spotter.

And lastly, dropping a bar from a couple inches with 315 or something might not do something to the bar. But from near the top? It will bend the crap out of a lot of bars. And 600 from a few inches has the potential to warp bars too.
post #35445 of 46454
Couldn't hit reps on incline last night. Fucking sucked.

I'm hooked on gainz now guys. No idea how I'm gonna cut in the spring. Thanks a fucking lot.

Gotta get my diet on point here because I'm just eating like a sloppy motherfucker.

Did we put together that lifting spreadsheet yet?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts