or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 2347

post #35191 of 47707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post


Baby powder is god teir for deadlifts and I feel like an idiot for not using it a long time ago.

For your grip?  Or you referring to shins and/or quads?

post #35192 of 47707
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellsbebc View Post

For your grip?  Or you referring to shins and/or quads?

Shins, quads. I have a line of no hair where the deadlift bar drags

A lot of the other stuff I was told applies to my leveradges and stuff. I was taught out of a textbook and the internets
post #35193 of 47707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

Lol Travis added 50 lbs to my squat and deadlift in 1 hour and completely re worked my bench. What a pro

What gym is this????
post #35194 of 47707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid View Post

What gym is this????

Travis Mash's place in some place past Winston Salem.
post #35195 of 47707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post


Shins, quads. I have a line of no hair where the deadlift bar drags

A lot of the other stuff I was told applies to my leveradges and stuff. I was taught out of a textbook and the internets

My inner thighs are all bruised and baby smooth due to sumo deads

post #35196 of 47707
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveabdn View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbman View Post

If I get wrist pain in only my right wrist after overhead press, is it likely just poor form?

I broke my wrist many years ago and it causes all sorts of problems for me

Love OHP though, current record of 4 reps @ 130kg, want to get that up to 150kg


Did you mean push press? Because 130x4 is elite for a strict standing press.

Would love to see a video of this
post #35197 of 47707
My good friend and fellow lifter was recently hit with a Ankylosing spondylitis diagnosis at age 21. She was on her way to being a pretty awesome lifter too.

frown.gif
post #35198 of 47707
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeen7908 View Post



Did you mean push press? Because 130x4 is elite for a strict standing press.



Would love to see a video of this

 



Not push press or standing, seated military press, I work out myself first thing in the morning (4:30am) but I might see my brother if he will take a video at some point, I assumed OHP was military.

Not quite sure how it became a goal of mine, I moved up through the gym dumbbells until I was repping out the 40kg dumbbells and had no choice but move into the smith machine instead. I haven't been in the gym for a couple of months through injury so I'm probably down around the 110kg press right now but will bump back up to the 130 quick enough and keep pushing until I hit that 150kg mark, I will definitely get a video when I can manage that!

I'm actually here more for the menswear side of things to be honest with you but was having a look around the rest of the site and decided just to chime in
post #35199 of 47707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagrangian View Post

My good friend and fellow lifter was recently hit with a Ankylosing spondylitis diagnosis at age 21. She was on her way to being a pretty awesome lifter too.



frown.gif

 



Not good, my dad has spondylitis and when it's bad it's really bad, recently he's been going through a good spell for several years, unfortunately this also coincides with him developing ulcerative colitis, he's in the gym every day though, he's a bit of a hero of mine in that respect, you would never know he had any sort of illness let alone some as severe as these.

I hope your friend manages to keep going
post #35200 of 47707
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveabdn View Post

Not push press or standing, seated military press, I work out myself first thing in the morning (4:30am) but I might see my brother if he will take a video at some point, I assumed OHP was military.

Not quite sure how it became a goal of mine, I moved up through the gym dumbbells until I was repping out the 40kg dumbbells and had no choice but move into the smith machine instead. I haven't been in the gym for a couple of months through injury so I'm probably down around the 110kg press right now but will bump back up to the 130 quick enough and keep pushing until I hit that 150kg mark, I will definitely get a video when I can manage that!

I'm actually here more for the menswear side of things to be honest with you but was having a look around the rest of the site and decided just to chime in

I could probably do half that.

I'd say you might be the strongest guy here, super impressive numbers. Please stick around and drop some wisdom on us.
post #35201 of 47707
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeen7908 View Post



I could probably do half that.



I'd say you might be the strongest guy here, super impressive numbers. Please stick around and drop some wisdom on us.

 



Numbers are just that, numbers, heavy is relative, as long as you're pushing as hard as I am then the number counts for nothing other than charting progress

I don't think I do anything too different to anyone else to be honest, just naturally strong. Stick with the 6 rep max limit and once I get that I up the weights, I do have a tendencey to move in 10kg increments for some reason.

Some other numbers -

Deadlift - 185kg
Bench - 160kg
Squat - 200kg

(All @ 3 reps)

Shoulder press - 130kg @ 4 reps

Dips, body weight + 20kg (145kg) @ 6 reps

Pull ups, can't do one! I have trained really hard at this but it's my achilles heel, I have tried various ways whether it be assisted for 6 reps or single reps after other exercises - if anyone has any tips on how to improve back strength I'd love to hear how, my lower back isn't too bad but upper back has always been weak.

I might have some decent numbers here but head into Classic Menswear and I'm jealous of everyone with their 42R physiques! 48R for me, struggle to get anything nice OTR at all. I'm currently far too heavy and dropping weight but when I get my waist back down to 34" I need a 46" jacket, a 12" drop is pretty hard to come by!!
post #35202 of 47707
Man, deadlifts feeling heavy but it's all good. This is a 2RM PR..... unfortunately lol

Shooting for 580 next week and then 610 the following.
post #35203 of 47707
so my buddy came up with the best costume for me: an abercrombe greeter. wear aviators, an open button down shirt (or no shirt), ugly jeans, sandals, and spray cologne everywhere i go.
post #35204 of 47707

Me too. Never doesn't help.

post #35205 of 47707
a 130 press would've been pretty fucking badass
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts