or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 2312

post #34666 of 49513
Thread Starter 
squatted with belt today, felt so much easier. I got giant fucking veins in my neck and shoulder, though. felt like I might pass out
post #34667 of 49513
i like doing pigeon pose with a block underneath my buttcheek.
post #34668 of 49513
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkI View Post

Wow, didn't know you rode as well, thought CTK was the only other rhet brah that did.

Ahem.
post #34669 of 49513
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty View Post

i like doing pigeon pose with a block underneath my buttcheek.

 

If you can do it properly without the block it'll get more of a stretch, but might be hard for you dudes with a lot of leg mass.  Figure four is good too:

 
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Figure-Four.jpg&sa=X&ei=461BUqeKIojO9QTP1YGgCg&ved=0CAQQ8wc4CA&usg=AFQjCNG7DqY4jYk7xz9ZttFZdWFvJElXRQ

 

Make sure you get full flexion in your foot (not like this chick is doing)

post #34670 of 49513
I am feeling the moto/RHET broverlap. Wish I was still in NYC sometimes, TRINI you are up there too right?

Just got my NC plates and insurance (finally). Saved me a good $400 for the year icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #34671 of 49513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid View Post

I am feeling the moto/RHET broverlap. Wish I was still in NYC sometimes, TRINI you are up there too right?

Just got my NC plates and insurance (finally). Saved me a good $400 for the year icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Nah, I'm in TO.
post #34672 of 49513
CTK where in nc are you?
post #34673 of 49513
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJulien View Post
 

Has anyone had a hip flexor injury?  One of mine on the left side was all messed up from a long commute and I eventually pulled it coming out of a squat; couldn't sit for like three weeks.  Anyway, I reset by like 100 pounds once I was able to work out again and now that I'm back at the weight where I hurt myself, there's some pain in my lower back at the bottom of the lift.  Not bad pain, but noticeable.  Should I reset, take a break for a bit, stay at this weight for a week or two, or what? I did see a doctor but he wasn't very useful.

 

So i found a huge lump on my back right around where this hurts.  Might not be what I thought it was.  Gonna have a hot steamy date with a lacrosse ball tonight and hope it's just a knot.

post #34674 of 49513
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKJTG View Post

CTK where in nc are you?
~15 miles north of Charlotte, where you at
post #34675 of 49513
Widening my squat stance has given me the worst DOMS in a long time. Inside of my thighs and hip flexors are extremely sore and my hips and piriformis are both numb and hurt at the same time two days after the session.

Fuji and Charly, you experienced this too when you made the switch to a wider stance, right?

I've also started using the adductors/abductors machine which def contributes to the DOMS. Anyone else use it regularly?
post #34676 of 49513
Non fitness question for my rhet brahs. Because of the courses I chose this year I'm doing the same course as someone studying actuarial science so I could switch to that in my 3rd year. Also on that program if you do well enough you're exempt from having to take your real actuary exams. Would actuarial science be a better degree then statistics with finance for someone looking to go into finance, if not do actuaries make lots of money?


That's pretty normal conceptionist, inside of my thighs, glutes and hamstrings is where I feel my squat.
Edited by fuji - 9/24/13 at 10:51am
post #34677 of 49513
5x5x150 on bench this morning icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif Come at me coldsnap. Been stuck under 150 for a long time now so feels good.
post #34678 of 49513
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post

Non fitness question for my rhet brahs. Because of the courses I chose this year I'm doing the same course as someone studying actuarial science so I could switch to that in my 3rd year. Also on that program if you do well enough you're exempt from having to take your real actuary exams. Would actuarial science be a better degree then statistics with finance for someone looking to go into finance, if not do actuaries make lots of money?

Actuarial science = insurance.
post #34679 of 49513
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptionist View Post

Widening my squat stance has given me the worst DOMS in a long time. Inside of my thighs and hip flexors are extremely sore and my hips and piriformis are both numb and hurt at the same time two days after the session.

Fuji and Charly, you experienced this too when you made the switch to a wider stance, right?

I've also started using the adductors/abductors machine which def contributes to the DOMS. Anyone else use it regularly?

Pretty normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post

Non fitness question for my rhet brahs. Because of the courses I chose this year I'm doing the same course as someone studying actuarial science so I could switch to that in my 3rd year. Also on that program if you do well enough you're exempt from having to take your real actuary exams. Would actuarial science be a better degree then statistics with finance for someone looking to go into finance, if not do actuaries make lots of money?

I regret not going switching to actuarial science from risk/insurance/finance because it seems like an easy field to be in if you are mathematically inclined. Also, job market is nice and it pays very well. A couple of my friends from college were in actuarial science, 4 years out of college and they've got houses, 911's and living very comfortably.
post #34680 of 49513
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRINI View Post

Actuarial science = insurance.

Same field but completely different skill set.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts