or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 2241

post #33601 of 49389
Please use straps if you need to.
post #33602 of 49389
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post

Your grip limits you by like 90lb?


Unless you're competing in powerlifting or have some emotional attachment to the deadlift I don't see why you shouldn't use straps assuming you're doing something to build your forearms.


We have this argument every few weeks/months, one side says using straps is bad because using straps is for pussys and the other argument, which any logical person would hold is that you shouldn't limit your upper back, lower backs, traps, abs, glutes, hamstrings and quads workout because you're scared of "cheating" when you can do other things such as static holds to bring up your grip strength.


khay, I read that thread, it's hilarious. Jay Cutler's swimming in vagina.

yeah but wendler said i'd be a pussy if i used straps, wat do????
post #33603 of 49389
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post

yeah but wendler said i'd be a pussy if i used straps, wat do????



Run some hills and take back your life obvs. Move north of vag or whatever that phrase he likes is. Would rather move towards vag personally.
Edited by fuji - 9/3/13 at 4:47pm
post #33604 of 49389
Haha
post #33605 of 49389
Only posting this for a few RHET laughs... so wrong.

Nike Tech Pack came out. Amazing slim fitting sweats, really nice details, good shit... However, I guess I'm not a medium in these... I knew they'd be slim, but not this slim. Back to Nike they go.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


post #33606 of 49389
So lets talk about it you do use straps, what're you doing for grip and forearm work

Farmers walks
Static holds
Wrist curls (?)

Also I could see straps being good for doing heavy shrugs with
post #33607 of 49389
Mmmm, just bought two quarts of homemade chocolate brownie ice cream from grassfed cows from a local farm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerprawn View Post

Nike Tech Pack came out. Amazing slim fitting sweats, really nice details, good shit... However, I guess I'm not a medium in these... I knew they'd be slim, but not this slim. Back to Nike they go.

Those look like they could be awesome, maybe a large.
post #33608 of 49389
Just bought straps, now how to use them in the most efficient manner? Anyone have any good tutorial videos?
post #33609 of 49389
I'm prob just being a jerk about straps. My coach recently gave me shit for using knee sleeves and wrist wraps on my 3 x 5 working sets. It's probably a viewpoint thing, but his point was to use them on heavy singles and doubles up to competition and use them at the meet, essentially making training harder but game day easier.
post #33610 of 49389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerprawn View Post

Only posting this for a few RHET laughs... so wrong.

Nike Tech Pack came out. Amazing slim fitting sweats, really nice details, good shit... However, I guess I'm not a medium in these... I knew they'd be slim, but not this slim. Back to Nike they go.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



This is how every pair of pants I buy fits, more or less. Either way too tight in the ass or too loose in the calves, and my calves are pretty big nowadays. It fucking sucks.

Did static holds from 65lb db's all the way down 5 lbs. I have a feeling I'm gonna regret the shit outta this tomorrow, but man my forearms have never felt so pumped.

My traps are getting big fast, too. At least they feel like they are. I don't think I was really hitting them until SPBR. I've been on a roll with DB shoulder presses so today I put all my fucking soul into the one last rep so I could weight up next time. First time I've had to wrestle with a rep for like 20 seconds in a long time.
post #33611 of 49389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

I'm prob just being a jerk about straps. My coach recently gave me shit for using knee sleeves and wrist wraps on my 3 x 5 working sets. It's probably a viewpoint thing, but his point was to use them on heavy singles and doubles up to competition and use them at the meet, essentially making training harder but game day easier.

straps are completely different from knee sleeves.
post #33612 of 49389
people in strength sports use straps all the fucking time, for everyone else it's a non-issue at best.
post #33613 of 49389
so i ended up meeting the head of my city's powerlifting club tonight. he's also the referee chairperson for ontario powerlifting and (i think) an int'l ref. he gave me some pointers on bench and judged my depth on a few lifts which was pretty nice of him. he's training for the worlds coming up and has offered to let me train with him anytime which is awesome.
post #33614 of 49389
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkI View Post

So lets talk about it you do use straps, what're you doing for grip and forearm work

Farmers walks
Static holds
Wrist curls (?)

Also I could see straps being good for doing heavy shrugs with

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkI View Post

Just bought straps, now how to use them in the most efficient manner? Anyone have any good tutorial videos?
post #33615 of 49389
I'm sure if you do a google search someone will have put up some images or a vid. It's difficult to explain verbally.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts