or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 2212

post #33166 of 46980
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLSI View Post

Serious? Like permanent loss of feeling in the thumb?

On another note, slept a ton, still feel super groggy today frown.gif

Not completely kill.. it'll come back if you don't keep on it. If I go more than a week without training the grip, sensitivity starts coming back quick.
post #33167 of 46980
Think muay thai fighters.

They still have feeling in their shins but they feel much less pain when their shins get hit or hit something.
post #33168 of 46980
Just curious are you allowed to wrap your thumb a bit in raw powerlifting meets for hook grip? Guessing no.
post #33169 of 46980
Charlie you're a goddamn beast! Good work! Your advice is also consistent. You and one of my best friends suggested hook grip to me back when I was first starting to DL. I've kept up with it through all my warmup sets and am good for ~315-330 for reps before it gets too painful. It'd be pretty amazing to hit my 1RM with a hook grip instead of switch.
post #33170 of 46980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

Just curious are you allowed to wrap your thumb a bit in raw powerlifting meets for hook grip? Guessing no.

Depends on the fed. IPF allows it I think. Some feds don't. Some feds, no rule stating yes/no, so might be up to the discretion of the meet director.
post #33171 of 46980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerprawn View Post

Charlie you're a goddamn beast! Good work! Your advice is also consistent. You and one of my best friends suggested hook grip to me back when I was first starting to DL. I've kept up with it through all my warmup sets and am good for ~315-330 for reps before it gets too painful. It'd be pretty amazing to hit my 1RM with a hook grip instead of switch.

Thanks.

The one thing that always goes through my mind when using hook grip is "pain is temporary, so stop being a little bitch." Should help in your endeavor smile.gif

I wish I started using a hook grip when I first started but better late than never!
post #33172 of 46980
^ Yea apparently calling yourself a bitch is like the secret technique in terms of grinding shit out haha.

Last set of [insert movement], "It's only one more set, stop being such a bitch..."
post #33173 of 46980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerprawn View Post

^ Yea apparently calling yourself a bitch is like the secret technique in terms of grinding shit out haha.

Last set of [insert movement], "It's only one more set, stop being such a bitch..."

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #33174 of 46980
I curse and call myself a piece of shit in Russian when I feel weak in the gym, also count out my reps in Russian. Makes me feel more badass.
post #33175 of 46980
I'm imaging that sounds something like "klokov... klokov.... klokov..."

Also, you know what I don't.miss now that I'm doing 5x5? Fucking split squats. Only thing I consistently wanted to quit always through.
post #33176 of 46980
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchariybrown View Post


The one thing that always goes through my mind when using hook grip is "pain is temporary, so stop being a little bitch." Should help in your endeavor smile.gif

I wish I started using a hook grip when I first started but better late than never!

What's the advantage of hook grip over mixed grip? If grip is not the weak link in your deadlift is there an advantage to switching?
post #33177 of 46980
Have not worn Nikes in forever, if i'm an 8.5 in Chucks and they fit tight what am i in nikes, 9 or 9.5. anyone have insight?
post #33178 of 46980
post #33179 of 46980


That wet pop noise.
post #33180 of 46980
fuckkkkkk
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts