or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 2182

post #32716 of 57259
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post

knee wraps!=knee sleeves. either way, sleeves wouldn't be the only thing preventing from your knees blowing out. just pony up for rehbands, i am glad i did. feels good man.
True, but any insurance is good enough. I do need to warm my legs up more before I get to working weight but these will help.
post #32717 of 57259
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post

it's not a quad dominant lift but you're wasting power if you don't use your quads, because yes then you'd be SL deadlifting which is fucking stupid if you want to lift maximal weight.

post #32718 of 57259
Well spotted, I definitely have a low shoulder girdle which accentuates the traps. Had fairly pronounced traps even before I started lifting. I am very focused on my (lack of) lats, anyone have suggestions on what I can do? Below is my routine.

Day 1: Upper body push - bench and bench assist (paused bench, incline bench, flys etc)
Day 3: Lower body - usually good mornings and GHRs - have been having knee issues which has precluded me from squatting and DLing
Day 5: Upper body pull - pull ups, machine pull down, rows, bent over rows, face pulls
Day 7: Repeat of lower body day

I havent focused on triceps and I agree I dont really have any. I dont care a ton about them for aesthetics but I suppose they would improve my bench.
post #32719 of 57259
no triceps? you going to have twigs as arms then
post #32720 of 57259
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKJTG View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

how an earth is that a sl deadlift?
post #32721 of 57259
After indifference and confusion as to what exactly a "skinny phaggot" is, I know realize I severely dislike this type.
post #32722 of 57259
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post

how an earth is that a sl deadlift?

It isn't. It's just a typical competition hamstring dominant dl.
post #32723 of 57259
So what exactly is the point?
post #32724 of 57259
Thread Starter 
I think his point is probably that the quads don't really factor in much
post #32725 of 57259
Sorry, TKJTG.. you're just wrong on this one smile.gif
post #32726 of 57259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelman 17 View Post

Well spotted, I definitely have a low shoulder girdle which accentuates the traps. Had fairly pronounced traps even before I started lifting. I am very focused on my (lack of) lats, anyone have suggestions on what I can do? Below is my routine.

Day 1: Upper body push - bench and bench assist (paused bench, incline bench, flys etc)
Day 3: Lower body - usually good mornings and GHRs - have been having knee issues which has precluded me from squatting and DLing
Day 5: Upper body pull - pull ups, machine pull down, rows, bent over rows, face pulls
Day 7: Repeat of lower body day

I havent focused on triceps and I agree I dont really have any. I dont care a ton about them for aesthetics but I suppose they would improve my bench.

As far as tris all I have ever seen work for thickness is heavy dips close grips and super heavy skull crushers. The last will come seem to be one of those groups that just pop at some point. After 3 years of lifting it seemed like I went from no last to batwings in the span of like a month. That's been my freak part and the only thing I can attribute it to is heavy chins 3x a week
post #32727 of 57259
(and steroids)
post #32728 of 57259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towers View Post

(and steroids)

Yes.. because steroids did that.

Not dieting correctly, training hard, and doing other things to promote recovery.
post #32729 of 57259
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchariybrown View Post

Yes.. because steroids did that.

Not dieting correctly, training hard, and doing other things to promote recovery.

He worked out hard for three years without having them blow up and suddenly they explode and his Anavar cycle had nothing to do with it? Lettuce be real, I have no problems with it and it's great that he got results finally but lets not pretend that steroids don't help you get where you sometimes can't get on your own.
post #32730 of 57259
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchariybrown View Post

Sorry, TKJTG.. you're just wrong on this one smile.gif

Yea, not even going to touch this because it's so wrong.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts