or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 2179

post #32671 of 57313
Hmm. Never tried them with dumbells, I'll give that a go. I usually use barbell, cambered bar, and a safety squat bar.
post #32672 of 57313
I get that when you're lifting maximal weight some people rely heavily on their posterior muscles as opposed to using their quads. Hell, that happens to me. I totally rely on my glutes and hammies more than my quads.

But nowhere near to that extreme.

there's like no leg involvement there. he may as well be doing stiff leg deadlifts.

bring your quads into play V
post #32673 of 57313
Damn, missed the video, but i'm sure my PR was not the utmost precise form either, though I hope it was.

I hope everything else comes out well though V
post #32674 of 57313
I tried doing a 1RM deadlift yesterday and ended up pulling 405. I've alway had good form but never really tried to push myself. Woke up today and my lower back is fine so I am pretty stoked.

135 x 10
225 x 10
305 x 5
365 x 3
385 x 1
405 x 1

If I want to work towards being able to pull 405 3-5 times, how should I alter my reps? Right now I just go in and do whatever. Thanks!
post #32675 of 57313
I know this is a RHET meme but I am so frustrated with pants. I cannot find a single pair of pants that I can wear out at night that look decent and that aren't as uncomfortable as fuck. Everything is crazy tight on my ass, causes sweating, chafing and itching. Need like a 15" rise or something. Only things that fit are sweats, shorts and suits (bespoke).
post #32676 of 57313
I hate to say it but maybe I'm just not meant to squat.

Was doing 5x5 with 165 today, don't know if it is still being sore from Monday, but every time I went down weird tingling pins and needles sensation in that same right hip, glute and piriformis.


Ugh.
post #32677 of 57313
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawlin View Post

I tried doing a 1RM deadlift yesterday and ended up pulling 405. I've alway had good form but never really tried to push myself. Woke up today and my lower back is fine so I am pretty stoked.

135 x 10
225 x 10
305 x 5
365 x 3
385 x 1
405 x 1

If I want to work towards being able to pull 405 3-5 times, how should I alter my reps? Right now I just go in and do whatever. Thanks!

5/3/1 is a good program that will put you on a progression and help you with what you should actually lift lbs wise in a workout.
post #32678 of 57313
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkI View Post

I hate to say it but maybe I'm just not meant to squat.

Was doing 5x5 with 165 today, don't know if it is still being sore from Monday, but every time I went down weird tingling pins and needles sensation in that same right hip, glute and piriformis.


Ugh.

The funny thing is though, everything else feels 110%, back, knees, whatever. Makes me think I have the form down, but my hip is just not friendly with squats.
post #32679 of 57313
I know that feel bro. Squat is disproportionately weaker than everything else. Just switched to high bar hoping I can make some progress in that dept.
post #32680 of 57313
its never bad form if you're bigger than the guy waiting. here are the things i do in the squat rack:

bench
partials
curl
close grip pushups
squat
stretch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Veen View Post

Thanks... just never see anyone doing it in my gym.
post #32681 of 57313
You have your own home gym tho
post #32682 of 57313
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekunk07 View Post

its never bad form if you're bigger than the guy waiting. here are the things i do in the squat rack:

bench
partials
curl
close grip pushups
squat
stretch

I do hope you're joking.
post #32683 of 57313
lol since when are deadlifts a quad dominant lift?

considering some of the best DLers in the world do basically a straight leg deadlift pls go
post #32684 of 57313
No way TKJTG. Every good deadlifter gets his hips under the bar, that's just a fact.
post #32685 of 57313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crat View Post

I do hope you're joking.

why would i be joking?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts