or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 2166

post #32476 of 57266
Regardless, I am the rightful heir to the manlet throne.

And I will take what is mine, with fire and blood.
post #32477 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKJTG View Post

Might get crap for this, but I have absolutely no problem with people denying roid use for multiple reasons:

1. They make a living off of their physique and would lose endorsements if they admitted using
2. It's illegal and they risk their career for it
3. It's nobody else's business

Now, competing in natty competitions while using is another story.

What about athletes, or people who cheat/lie to get ahead in any career? I have no problem with steroid use, I have a problem with the dishonestly surrounding it.
post #32478 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty View Post

Regardless, I am the rightful heir to the manlet throne.

And I will take what is mine, with fire and blood.

I drink to the health of the manlet king GN.
post #32479 of 57266
Last couple of posts made me lol

You guys ever wake up in the morning after sleeping with a broad and are hesitant to touch your own dick foo.gif

this is why i dont drink anymore, amongst other reasons
post #32480 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKJTG View Post

Might get crap for this, but I have absolutely no problem with people denying roid use for multiple reasons:

1. They make a living off of their physique and would lose endorsements if they admitted using
2. It's illegal and they risk their career for it
3. It's nobody else's business

Now, competing in natty competitions while using is another story.

Agreed.

But even in natty comps.. most guys are on something with short half-lives. Can't blame them too much since testing sucks.

Until the feds want to throw up the money to enforce testing that might actually work.. people are going to keep on using.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Towers View Post

What about athletes, or people who cheat/lie to get ahead in any career? I have no problem with steroid use, I have a problem with the dishonestly surrounding it.

Sorry to break it to you but most of those guys are on sometime. And they're dishonest because it's illegal.

But I think the main thing is that it's a bad influence on minors. Same reason why you don't see most celebs or athletes or prominent public figures promoting drinking and smoking.

Come on, you really want people to be 100% honest about every illegal things they've done?

If so, I would be a convict felon.. which I do not think I would enjoy.
post #32481 of 57266
Admitting about cheating in a very specific endeavour != admitting to every illegal thing they've done ever. That's not a fair comparison to make.

Relative ethics doesn't make it any more or less acceptable either. Cheating in sport is fucking shit and placing the blame on the organization is a good indication of the shit moral fabric that makes up society these days. Should you rob a bank because there isn't a security guard there and the bank really should have tried harder to prevent it? No, because that makes you a piece of fucking shit, regardless of where someone thinks the balance of blame lies.

I don't buy the line about "its the Feds fault for doping because they aren't putting in stringent enough testing." Armstrong managed to fool his way through the tour Dr France how many times? Different sports with different PEDs and tests but the point remains - no matter how much effort is put into doping control, someone will always fool it. Basing the legitimacy of someone cheating based on that is horseshit, sorry.

I know this will warrant some "well it is what it is" reply - idgaf. Even someone juicing to level the playing field simply further perpetuates a shit culture that is wholly defeating the point and purpose of sport. /rant
post #32482 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchariybrown View Post

Agreed.

But even in natty comps.. most guys are on something with short half-lives. Can't blame them too much since testing sucks.

Until the feds want to throw up the money to enforce testing that might actually work.. people are going to keep on using.
Sorry to break it to you but most of those guys are on sometime. And they're dishonest because it's illegal.

But I think the main thing is that it's a bad influence on minors. Same reason why you don't see most celebs or athletes or prominent public figures promoting drinking and smoking.

Come on, you really want people to be 100% honest about every illegal things they've done?

If so, I would be a convict felon.. which I do not think I would enjoy.

I know a lot of athletes dope, even if they just do it in the offseason or when they know testing will be lax. I just think it's unfortunate that there are people trying to compete honestly or kids looking at Ronnie Coleman or Zyzz and thinking 'that guy claims to be natural, why can't I get there?'
post #32483 of 57266
Tallest of manlets is king manlet. GN is in "seriously consider suicide" height range, therefor NOT king manlet. He could, however, be Team Manlet's mascot.
post #32484 of 57266
It's kinda weird because i never felt short until i heard the manlet talk on /fit/

4realz it kinda made me insecure for a bit but like, there's plenty of hot chicks to go around. Especially when your fitness game, clothing game, grooming game and game game is on point.
post #32485 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towers View Post

I know a lot of athletes dope, even if they just do it in the offseason or when they know testing will be lax. I just think it's unfortunate that there are people trying to compete honestly or kids looking at Ronnie Coleman or Zyzz and thinking 'that guy claims to be natural, why can't I get there?'


I don't think zyzz ever claimed to be natty. Ronnie Coleman did once for the lolz on a spanish talk show.



You american brahs are so friendly. During the summer LSE is flooded with american kids from mid range schools like notredame or michigan and they're always just randomly talking to me in the gym. Also your womens are aesthetic in that sporty, blonde, "I don't do ketamine" kind of way.


Is there anyone in this thread who isn't a manlet other then me and conceptionist?
post #32486 of 57266
Yep being a manlet makes it easier to fill out too. So easy to get jacked when under 6'.
post #32487 of 57266
Thread Starter 
in fact it's literally more difficult to not be jacked than to be jacked when under 6'
post #32488 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKJTG View Post

Yep being a manlet makes it easier to fill out too. So easy to get jacked when under 6'.

I seriously can't wait to be 215lbs
post #32489 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post

Admitting about cheating in a very specific endeavour != admitting to every illegal thing they've done ever. That's not a fair comparison to make.

Why not? Steroid use is illegal. So how is that not a fair comparison?

Oh, you mean just fess up to doing that one illegal thing? Just that one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post

Relative ethics doesn't make it any more or less acceptable either. Cheating in sport is fucking shit and placing the blame on the organization is a good indication of the shit moral fabric that makes up society these days. Should you rob a bank because there isn't a security guard there and the bank really should have tried harder to prevent it? No, because that makes you a piece of fucking shit, regardless of where someone thinks the balance of blame lies.

Above, you say it's not a fair comparison to make.. but then you make the comparison anyways haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post

I don't buy the line about "its the Feds fault for doping because they aren't putting in stringent enough testing." Armstrong managed to fool his way through the tour Dr France how many times? Different sports with different PEDs and tests but the point remains - no matter how much effort is put into doping control, someone will always fool it. Basing the legitimacy of someone cheating based on that is horseshit, sorry.

I know this will warrant some "well it is what it is" reply - idgaf. Even someone juicing to level the playing field simply further perpetuates a shit culture that is wholly defeating the point and purpose of sport. /rant

I'm not saying it's the fed's fault for PED use. I said people will keep using because most testing sucks dick.

All this is moot because in the end, I'm saying PEDs should be a part of sports at the professional level. It allows athletes to perform at their peak. (And any levels lower than that if you want.) I don't consider it cheating and I think it should be legal.

If you want to consider that cheating, why not any other drugs? Allergy meds? Anti-inflammatories? If my knee starts aching I can't nearly squat as much if I don't pop 4 advils before squat. Does that make me a "cheater"?


This next part isn't to support the last part of my argument but..


Boohoo.. Ed and Kirk are cheaters. Wahhhhhhhhh~
post #32490 of 57266
Thread Starter 
steroids are only illegal in amurka, killing people is illegal everywhere except China. Some crimes are universal.

For bodybuilding or powerlifting, the nature of sport PEDs is so gray that I'll just say something is illegal only if it's banned by your federation. That is, it is illegal in that federation you are competing in. That's a simple way to draw the line. Creatine? Not banned? Ok. Ephedrine? Is it banned by your organization? Then you're not natty. Tren? Is it banned by your organization? Then you're not natty.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts