or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 2083

post #31231 of 57266
Mark wasn't nerve flossin..
post #31232 of 57266
Something is really weird. My lifts are going up on my cut. Maybe it's the creatine and beta alanine? I also added machines as accessory. I did also have a refeed the day before

I bumped up my bench to 185 from 175 and told my spotter I'm aiming for 6 and hopefully 8. I ended up doing a set of 11 and a set of 10.
post #31233 of 57266
Is this your first cut? That happened to me during my first one. No real explanation for it, just happened lol
post #31234 of 57266
A lot of times folks have hormonal momentum. Give it some time, the lifts will start to suffer
post #31235 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

Something is really weird. My lifts are going up on my cut. Maybe it's the creatine and beta alanine? I also added machines as accessory. I did also have a refeed the day before

You didn't have perfect use of your leverage and you didn't have perfect motor patterns. Now you're learning how to improve it one or both of those?

SAY IT AIN'T SO.

Or you can just say it's the creatine and beta alanine lol
post #31236 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post

How does SS emphasize proper technique. Putting someone in the gym who can't squat 1 plate and might not even have the mobility to and telling them to do 5x5 3 times a week isn't necessarily going to result in perfect squat form. One of my favorite things to see in the gym is watching a noob bastardize the fuck out of a set of cleans (reverse curls from the floor) with 40kg on SS.

People(not necessarily you) forget that Starting Strength is a book about proper form on barbell movements and that the program is only a small part of it. So while it's not guaranteed to give you proper squat form, it shows you what it looks like and why you should do it that way.

In other news, wearing a belt is a skill that I apparently lack. Deadlift set felt heavy so I put one on and I pinched myself while doing a rep and thought I gave myself a hernia. Finished other sets without the belt and no problems.
post #31237 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchariybrown View Post

You didn't have perfect use of your leverage and you didn't have perfect motor patterns. Now you're learning how to improve it one or both of those?

SAY IT AIN'T SO.

Or you can just say it's the creatine and beta alanine lol

This is probably right. I just realized I also didn't pause...

How much zinc to take? My multivitamin has 11mg. Not enough?
post #31238 of 57266
Been losing strength on my cut. Probably restricting calories too much. Oh well... it's a temporary problem and still making progress where I want it.
post #31239 of 57266
I definitely lost strength on my cut, most noticeable on my squat.

As my PT buddy points out though, I have a much smaller frame (20 lbs lighter) trying to move the same weight - it's gonna be more difficult.
post #31240 of 57266
all of my pictures on facebook this summer are of me without a shirt and then people from styleforum telling me i look thick solid and tight
post #31241 of 57266
Quote:
Originally Posted by milosh View Post

People(not necessarily you) forget that Starting Strength is a book about proper form on barbell movements and that the program is only a small part of it. So while it's not guaranteed to give you proper squat form, it shows you what it looks like and why you should do it that way.

In other news, wearing a belt is a skill that I apparently lack. Deadlift set felt heavy so I put one on and I pinched myself while doing a rep and thought I gave myself a hernia. Finished other sets without the belt and no problems.


I meant just the program when I said SS, obviously the book covers all the technique, but I doubt most people who do SS read the book. I know that feel on the belt, on my last set of squats today I was feeling pretty fatigued so I decided to get my belt on a notch tighter even though I already wear it very tight. Vomited in my mouth on my 4th rep of 5. Feels bad man.
post #31242 of 57266
Shit, I need to start eating more food. Would be nice to average 5k/day at least.
post #31243 of 57266
Any good recommendations for button up dress shirts for the swole? I'm not trying to spend too much and have little tailoring if none done at all. The problem areas are the drop from my chest and from my upper back to my torso. XL's will fit nice up top but will flow like a gown around the waist and torso.

Also, I have a big ass. The women tell me I have the nicest ass they have seen on a guy shog[1].gif Buddies tell me I have a woman ass foo.gif
post #31244 of 57266
I was thinking Uniqlo since it is cheap? Any swole brothers have experience with their button ups?
post #31245 of 57266
If you are legit swole they won't fit, but if you are swole to not lifters level swole they fit ok.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts