or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 2019

post #30271 of 46481
Now that I actually know how to eat enough food to sustain some good mass I'm going to start drinking 8 glasses of milk a day on workout days. See where that gets me, I like milk and dont feel like eating anymore protein per meal. My plan for this year is just to get as big as possible. Then next year I'll get ripped.
post #30272 of 46481
Youre just going to get fat dude... how much are you already eating?
post #30273 of 46481
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLSI View Post

Youre just going to get fat dude... how much are you already eating?

2,983 cals training days and 1,545 cals off days no carbs. I've started pushing a prowler lightly after upper body day and heavy after lower body days, so some of the cals with the milk will just go into fueling that. Might get fat, but more muscle will come with that fat.

I want to get jacked, I don't want to be 170lbs with abs.
post #30274 of 46481
Interesting response from Louie regaurding that Why Speed Work Doesn't Work article.

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/westside_wisdom
post #30275 of 46481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post


2,983 cals training days and 1,545 cals off days no carbs. I've started pushing a prowler lightly after upper body day and heavy after lower body days, so some of the cals with the milk will just go into fueling that. Might get fat, but more muscle will come with that fat.

I want to get jacked, I don't want to be 170lbs with abs.

That doesn't sound like very much for a bulk,  but actual calories don't tell us anything. Whats the % surplus and deficit for workout / rest day respectively?

 

My bulk has just started and I eat about 20-30% surplus on lift days 4x a week and a small deficit, like 5-10%, deficit on rest days 3x a week. Accounting for the additional calories I burn on the workout days, that turns out to about 3600-4000 cals on lifting days and 2500 on rest days. I really like to cycle the carbs and calories as it keeps my appetite up. Recovery hasn't been a problem yet, but if it will I'm gonna up the rest day cals.

 

I use a BodyBugg to track my burned calories and yesterday I got up to 3500. Seems like a lot but I was pretty active since I was lifting early in the day and went out at night. Makes it pretty hard to bulk with those numbers.

post #30276 of 46481
How does the bodybugg actually work? Is it anything mote than a glorified heart rate monitor?
post #30277 of 46481
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLSI View Post

How does the bodybugg actually work? Is it anything mote than a glorified heart rate monitor?

It's a sensor that sits on your tricep and captures a lot of data about your skin temp, skin moisture, sleep efficiency and so on.

Then you plug this sensor into your computer and the software calculates your energy expenditure using the data and statistic formulas, or something like that.

 

It doesn't actually measure how many calories you burn, but rather works as a more complex and individualized version of the common calorie calculators. It's said to be over 90% accurate. Sometimes I think it overestimates calories but since I used its numbers during my cut to about 7-8% bf I don't doubt it. You just have to take it's numbers with a grain of salt and adjust accordingly to the changes you see in the mirror.

 

I think it's most useful when you change your activity. Like I just went from doing a 3 day low volume workout split and sitting home all day studying, to a higher volume 4 day split and biking 10 miles every day to the job and back. I burn about 300-500 more calories a day now.

post #30278 of 46481
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptionist View Post

That doesn't sound like very much for a bulk,  but actual calories don't tell us anything. Whats the % surplus and deficit for workout / rest day respectively?

My bulk has just started and I eat about 20-30% surplus on lift days 4x a week and a small deficit, like 5-10%, deficit on rest days 3x a week. Accounting for the additional calories I burn on the workout days, that turns out to about 3600-4000 cals on lifting days and 2500 on rest days. I really like to cycle the carbs and calories as it keeps my appetite up. Recovery hasn't been a problem yet, but if it will I'm gonna up the rest day cals.

I use a BodyBugg to track my burned calories and yesterday I got up to 3500. Seems like a lot but I was pretty active since I was lifting early in the day and went out at night. Makes it pretty hard to bulk with those numbers.

I work from home. Made a huge difference in how much food I need when in switched over to that. I bulked to 185 with like 3,500 caks a day when going to the office. Now I maint 200 with way less than tht lol

id like to try a body bugg but not paying that much. We should all go in for one and just pass it around to get our daily cal needs
post #30279 of 46481
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchariybrown View Post

5'10"
Damn I thought I could make an excuse. Dude has Dustin Hoffman's proportions in that pic. Might just be the angle/focal length
post #30280 of 46481
Matched all-time snatch PR for first time since wrist sprain. Lift was solid, felt nice to have big weight over head.
post #30281 of 46481
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy4500 View Post

Matched all-time snatch PR for first time since wrist sprain. Lift was solid, felt nice to have big weight over head.

Howd you deal with your wrist sprain? Sprained mine this weekend and it sucks, today was leg day so I was alright, but I have a feeling Chest tomorrow is not going to be fun, really don't want to take a day off, but might have to. Did you wrap yours?
post #30282 of 46481
if you're injured take care of yourself. Don't bench if your wrist can't handle it.
post #30283 of 46481
I had a real good workout w/some mild elbow tendonitis today

Went kayaking Sunday. Arms apparently need 48hrs after any kind of physical activity
post #30284 of 46481
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLSI View Post

Youre just going to get fat dude... how much are you already eating?

 

Also, very gassy.

post #30285 of 46481
As Rippletits said, you might even start shitting cheese.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts