or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 1966

post #29476 of 46040
Each time toasty reports a lack of progress, someone gives toasty the formula for success, but always comes back every few months to report no progress. *sigh*

But once again:

1. Caloric surplus and sufficient protein intake from FOOD
2. Pick a half way decent program and stick to it
3. Be consistent with training

You're not making progress because you fail to do one or more of the above.
post #29477 of 46040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolo View Post

So, Saturday night, my buddy invited me and a couple other buddies to come join him at a little bar for drinks. He was with his fuck buddy, fuck buddies friend and fuck buddies brother. Anyway, fuck buddies whore friend is a personal trainer at golds gym. Well, me and my buddy (also lifting partner) give her some shit about lifting. It was obvious she didn't know shit about shit. I asked if golds finally got bumper weights (i went to that golds years ago) and she was like huh? She responded when we explained what bumper weights are. She says that the dumbbells had rubber coating on them... da fuq bish doesn't know what bumper plates/weights are. Well, then I tell her that is why I don't respect big corporate gym trainers. She is drunk and gets pissed and asks why. I tell her they don't know shit and she responds she had to get certified. Then I start throwing lifting knowledge around and she is dumbfounded as fuck (she is a "strength" trainer). I ask her normal dieting routines she gives her clients and ask her some typical diet routines for bulking/strength. Again, she is dumbfounded as fuck. She gets infuriated and friends fuck buddy joins in and both bishes are crying (is this real life) and tells me I am insulting what she does for a living and she has a son to support (none of which are my faults). "Trainer" whore asks for a cig and storms out saying this is the first time she has had a cig in 6 months. While outside, she calls my lifting buddy an asshole and my friends fuck buddy tries to calm her down by telling her that I don't look like I lift (I had a coat on since it was chilly out).


This is literally such women logic. Brb calling a girl fat "zomg she got raped you can't call her fat" what does being raped have to do with you being fat? When I apply for goldman gonna be like yah i was hit as a kid so i think that makes up for that fact i have 25% in my maths exam.


Toasty, don't you work in IB? Why you even care about lifting.
post #29478 of 46040
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettoasty View Post

I do not recover that well post-workout and get a lot of DOMS (is this right?)
Protein would help with the recovery and also help me meet my macros.

The calorie portion I think I am meeting the bare minimum of 2k +/- for my weight.
I probably only started eating more 6+ months ago till today. Will just continue until I do not fit all my clothes lol patch[1].gif
I knew this was bound to happen. Congrats!

My last recorded lifts for rep:
265 DL
165 Squat
175 Bench

I cannot keep that consistent though so I don't count that T_T. My weeks fluctuate, which is probably due to my poor diet and/or recovery.

So you aren't consistent and your diet has been poor.. and if either of those are indicators of your intensity in the gym, I'm guessing you're lacking in that area too.

You want to know why you think your recovery is bad? You don't eat enough.

Eat more. Doesn't have to be dairy. The only dairy in my diet is a few cups of greek yogurt (which I could easily take out).

As KC pointed out, peanut butter.

Meat, fish, eggs, olive oil, nuts, jesus christ.. food.

Honestly, log 3k calories (food all weighed out) a day WITH proper macros for a 8 weeks and tell me your lifts don't go up.



You sound like eat like how my gf used to eat. Not enough calories, and macros all over the fucking place. And a bunch of cardio to boot. Result, she used to be skinny but soft and doughy like you've described yourself and she wasn't happy with it.

She started eating right and lifting and now she's lean and mean.


You should start doing to same if you want to get anywhere.. otherwise, just quit and stop wasting your time/energy. There are no shortcuts or secret ways to getting to the body you want. It takes proper nutrition, training, and dedication.
post #29479 of 46040
I was making some pita chips and Greek yogurt onion dip for a minor cheat snack during the game tonight, blanked out for a second, and all of a sudden I had eaten 3 cookies, a chocolate bar, a handful of butterscotch chips, slugged down a coke and had wiped the dip bowl clean.

Wtf cannot wait for this ish to be over with, I usually listen to my body and schedule some off meals but man that was spontaneous carb destruction.
post #29480 of 46040
Just came back from week long vacation, didn''t even work out. Man today's session gonna be a bitch.
post #29481 of 46040
post #29482 of 46040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolo View Post

So, Saturday night, my buddy invited me and a couple other buddies to come join him at a little bar for drinks. He was with his fuck buddy, fuck buddies friend and fuck buddies brother. Anyway, fuck buddies whore friend is a personal trainer at golds gym. Well, me and my buddy (also lifting partner) give her some shit about lifting. It was obvious she didn't know shit about shit. I asked if golds finally got bumper weights (i went to that golds years ago) and she was like huh? She responded when we explained what bumper weights are. She says that the dumbbells had rubber coating on them... da fuq bish doesn't know what bumper plates/weights are. Well, then I tell her that is why I don't respect big corporate gym trainers. She is drunk and gets pissed and asks why. I tell her they don't know shit and she responds she had to get certified. Then I start throwing lifting knowledge around and she is dumbfounded as fuck (she is a "strength" trainer). I ask her normal dieting routines she gives her clients and ask her some typical diet routines for bulking/strength. Again, she is dumbfounded as fuck. She gets infuriated and friends fuck buddy joins in and both bishes are crying (is this real life) and tells me I am insulting what she does for a living and she has a son to support (none of which are my faults). "Trainer" whore asks for a cig and storms out saying this is the first time she has had a cig in 6 months. While outside, she calls my lifting buddy an asshole and my friends fuck buddy tries to calm her down by telling her that I don't look like I lift (I had a coat on since it was chilly out).


Jesus christ you're an idiot.

If I was your "buddy" I'd never invite you out for drinks again.
post #29483 of 46040
I hate talking about diet and fitness with people in real life. There's no way the conversation will end well so why bother having it?
post #29484 of 46040
wow he proved that:

1. Personal trainers don't know shit. Fucking genius

2. He could make a girl cry. Big man

3. He thinks that socialising with people is about finding out who knows more about a topic.

I seriously don't get why you would come into a thread and brag about that.
post #29485 of 46040
Hendrix, you should be banned from posting fit pics and giving RHET adivce. You are an oblivious idiot that takes the internets too seriously. Well, it is time that you take your midol pm and big glass of cranberry juice.
post #29486 of 46040
No Hendrix is right that story had "cool story bro" written all over it.
post #29487 of 46040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post

No Hendrix is right that story had "cool story bro" written all over it.

Same thing I think of when I read the same economics/internship/ricotta cheese with peanut butter ice cream/im fat/ stuff you post
post #29488 of 46040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolo View Post

Same thing I think of when I read the same economics/internship/ricotta cheese with peanut butter ice cream/im fat/ stuff you post

Cool story bro
post #29489 of 46040
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post

wow he proved that:

1. Personal trainers don't know shit. Fucking genius

2. He could make a girl cry. Big man

3. He thinks that socialising with people is about finding out who knows more about a topic.

I seriously don't get why you would come into a thread and brag about that.

I learned later that night from my buddy, who invited me, that this girl is an emotional wreck in the first place. She has a fiance in jail, who is not the kids father. Both her and my buddy's fuck buddy apparently get so intoxicated and emotional and cry out of no where. Both girls shouldn't be drinking and no it was not my intention to make that girl cry. I thought she would have thicker skin being a personal trainer.
post #29490 of 46040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolo View Post

Hendrix, you should be banned from posting fit pics and giving RHET adivce. You are an oblivious idiot that takes the internets too seriously. Well, it is time that you take your midol pm and big glass of cranberry juice.

Agreed. You give people shit in real life for not knowing internet gym knowledge. I give you shit online for not knowing real life social etiquette.

I would rather be me.

Real life social tip #1:
Life is not about proving you know more about things than the person with whom you're socialising.

Good luck!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts