or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 1959

post #29371 of 48658
Thread Starter 
How do you guys get your protein in? I've been on about 160g a day but I think it's time to up it to 200. Even 160 is quite a chore for me to get in sometimes, even with 50g of protein coming from a shake. Eating 1lb of chicken with dinner every night gets old fast, but I don't want to be getting all my protein from shakes, either.
post #29372 of 48658
8oz at lunch, 8oz at dinner, I fail to see the problem here... Eggs/dairy/incidental protein from carbs etc should round you up to 200 pretty easily

I was doing 230+ without whey at one point and I don't know what else to say than eat the meat. I think its better to err on the side of eating more junk cals through BBQ sauce or Alfredo or whatever it takes to make you want to eat the meat than it is to suffer through bland chicken every day.
post #29373 of 48658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eason View Post

How do you guys get your protein in? I've been on about 160g a day but I think it's time to up it to 200. Even 160 is quite a chore for me to get in sometimes, even with 50g of protein coming from a shake. Eating 1lb of chicken with dinner every night gets old fast, but I don't want to be getting all my protein from shakes, either.

i barely ever get past around 140 and im 200 pounds. btw 315 front squat today. New Record!
post #29374 of 48658
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihambrecht View Post

i barely ever get past around 140 and im 200 pounds. btw 315 front squat today. New Record!

That is impressive. Nice work!
post #29375 of 48658
Something along the lines of

500g of meat/fish = 100g (chicken, roast beef, shrimp, other fish)
500g quark = 50g
200g cottage cheese 25g
1-2 protein shakes= 40g

On training days low-fat milk (1l.) with cornflakes (400g) makes for a nice additional protein source (70g) even though the focus is on carbs (375g).
post #29376 of 48658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post

I mean if I was okay with making what they originally offered, why would they just decide to offer me more money for nothing?

Welcome to finance?
post #29377 of 48658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eason View Post

How do you guys get your protein in? I've been on about 160g a day but I think it's time to up it to 200. Even 160 is quite a chore for me to get in sometimes, even with 50g of protein coming from a shake. Eating 1lb of chicken with dinner every night gets old fast, but I don't want to be getting all my protein from shakes, either.

Shakes
Proats
Chicken breast
Tilapia
Cod(ultimate source but tastes like shit)
Pork chops
Milk
Peanut butter
post #29378 of 48658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eason View Post

How do you guys get your protein in?

via mouth
post #29379 of 48658
I feel like the 1g/lb thing is overrated. I was seeing real nice gains getting about half of that. I would get ~200-250 in on lift days and maybe half of that on rest days.
post #29380 of 48658
I think it physically pains me when I see 300 lb middle aged women come into the gym to do tricep kickbacks and curls.

Also, aren't there like several Sheiko programs?
post #29381 of 48658
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post

8oz at lunch, 8oz at dinner, I fail to see the problem here... Eggs/dairy/incidental protein from carbs etc should round you up to 200 pretty easily

I was doing 230+ without whey at one point and I don't know what else to say than eat the meat. I think its better to err on the side of eating more junk cals through BBQ sauce or Alfredo or whatever it takes to make you want to eat the meat than it is to suffer through bland chicken every day.

It's asia, man. Lunch = greasy white rice with fatty 2-3 oz cut of meat/gristle. So it's all up to dinner, when I'm tired from work and finishing my workout at 8pm. No protonz to be seen at lunch/breakfast.
post #29382 of 48658
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid View Post

I feel like the 1g/lb thing is overrated. I was seeing real nice gains getting about half of that. I would get ~200-250 in on lift days and maybe half of that on rest days.

Then you weren't really getting half of that then, were you...
post #29383 of 48658
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinYun View Post

I think it physically pains me when I see 300 lb middle aged women come into the gym to do tricep kickbacks and curls.

Also, aren't there like several Sheiko programs?

Agreed on the first part.

Yes there are, 12 different cycles in total I think. My buddy and I are starting with the easiest two cycles (#29 and then #37) to do a peak cycle after that (#32).
In the 4 weeks of #29 (3 day split) there are a total of 342 squat, 454 bench and 185 DL reps averaging 66%-71% 1RM. As you move on to more advanced cycles volume and intensity slowly increase.
I can e-mail the excel sheet with the program, should anyone be interested.

PS
The logic of the cycle numbering is beyond me.
post #29384 of 48658
I get my protons from all kinds of meat: lean meat like chicken, cod, red meat and egg whites on workout days and fattier cuts, sausages and whole eggs on rest days.

Probably eat about 2 pounds of meat every day, split into lunch and dinner. Finish both meals with a dessert consisting of quark, cottege cheese or casein.

Usually get 230-270g total a day at 180 pounds. May be a bit much but that's counting the trace protein from everything else like veggies. I'm a big eater too.
post #29385 of 48658
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKJTG View Post

Shakes
Proats
Chicken breast
Tilapia
Cod(ultimate source but tastes like shit)
Pork chops
Milk
Peanut butter


I dunno what type of cod you eat but Blue Cod is pretty much the nicest thing in the world.

Eason, add a cup of frozen peas to every meal. Easy.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts