or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 1928

post #28906 of 47172
TJKGT nice work man damn

Whats your story, how much did you cut down from, how are your lifts looking now vs when you started
post #28907 of 47172
dat bicep
post #28908 of 47172
Last year cut from 180-165...realized I didn't have much muscle and needed to bulk up. Lifts at that time were something like deadlift 365, squat 335, bench 245. Went on massive bulk up to 211 this past fall and got to deadlift 465, squat 435, bench 300. Have since then cut to current weight(178) and lifts are something like deadlift 435, squat 405, bench 280.
post #28909 of 47172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagrangian View Post

well i've kinda skirted around this but since you mentioned it, yeah. i don't want to say its impossible just a very hard thing to do, requiring lots of video, bar path analysis and most of all commentary from proficient lifters or coaches.

inb4 clarence, probably coached by najdek

Yea, I can understand how getting a coach can be hard. I was fortunate being sponsored and all, didn't have to pay for 1 on 1 coaching or facility. If I didn't have access to that I would have just done powerlifting to begin with or something else.
post #28910 of 47172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagrangian View Post

well i've kinda skirted around this but since you mentioned it, yeah. i don't want to say its impossible just a very hard thing to do, requiring lots of video, bar path analysis and most of all commentary from proficient lifters or coaches.

inb4 clarence, probably coached by najdek

Yea, I can understand how getting a coach can be hard. I was fortunate being sponsored and all, didn't have to pay for 1 on 1 coaching or facility. If I didn't have access to that I would have just done powerlifting to begin with or something else.
post #28911 of 47172
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKJTG View Post

Last year cut from 180-165...realized I didn't have much muscle and needed to bulk up. Lifts at that time were something like deadlift 365, squat 335, bench 245. Went on massive bulk up to 211 this past fall and got to deadlift 465, squat 435, bench 300. Have since then cut to current weight(178) and lifts are something like deadlift 435, squat 405, bench 280.

How did you increase your squat by 100 lbs in 3 months?

I feel like I'm following your footsteps. Cutting 190-165 right now, lifts are probably similar as your starting point.
post #28912 of 47172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post

How did you increase your squat by 100 lbs in 3 months?

I feel like I'm following your footsteps. Cutting 190-165 right now, lifts are probably similar as your starting point.

The squat increase was over about 6 months. 335 --> 435 is still kinda noobish, so it was mainly a matter of doing it consistently and pushing myself harder.

also, just had a pound of bacon for lunch. holy shit that was satisfying.
post #28913 of 47172
jarude I froze some of that protein sludge will report back when I eat it tonight if it isn't a popsicle.
post #28914 of 47172
TKJTG, impressive progress.
post #28915 of 47172
dbl post
post #28916 of 47172


I go to the douchiest gym in the East coast. He's actually a trainer. all trainers at my gym wear ed hardy shit and jeans. i dont believe any of them own shorts or sneakers. people pay him real money to train them. he doesnt help put on or take off any weights. hes texting most of the time or stares at himself in the mirror. he almost always wears his sunglasses indoors. cant believe this is real sometimes. ..

he used to be really big but I heard he had to stop taking roids because of some health issues.

just wanted to share this frustration with everyone here
post #28917 of 47172
dudes got a bigger gut than me. Also that anterior tilted pelvis
post #28918 of 47172
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKJTG View Post

Last year cut from 180-165...realized I didn't have much muscle and needed to bulk up. Lifts at that time were something like deadlift 365, squat 335, bench 245. Went on massive bulk up to 211 this past fall and got to deadlift 465, squat 435, bench 300. Have since then cut to current weight(178) and lifts are something like deadlift 435, squat 405, bench 280.

Perfect. I am pretty much at where you were I think. I would cut every summer and be right back where I started. This year I am just gonna bulk up continuously and see what happens. I am thinking I will need to get to about 210-220 to hit the strength levels I want. We will see though.

Anyways good work man, def mirin, good motivation.
post #28919 of 47172
Going to cop the Rehband elbow sleeve at Chariy's suggestion. Has anyone ever used this Shields knee brace? http://www.amazon.com/Kuhl-Shields-Knee-Brace-Size/dp/B000ITHNRG

Apparently it is designed for patellafemoral pain syndrome which is what I have. Wondering if I need to bite the bullet on something this expensive or if a rehband knee support would kind of do the same thing.
post #28920 of 47172
How does on get into powerlifting?

Is it a simple as joining a powerlifting gym, getting a coach, and beginning to train to compete?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts