or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 1862

post #27916 of 48478
cool story bro
post #27917 of 48478
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post

tysm for doing this, will watch eagerly.

Only prob is I have 160 fb friends lol
post #27918 of 48478

its like lifting with more high fives right?

post #27919 of 48478
I know this has been asked in various permutations in this thread before but I am going to ask again. How worried should I be about having back tightness after deadlifting? Back seems to tighten up when I get to heavier weights but only stays tight for a few hours after lifting.

I know it doesn't sound like a big deal but I know tons of people who have hurt their backs pulling. Should I take it as a sign that my form is off? My DL has been improving, got a new PR today vs pre-surgery but still only 2 x 285.
post #27920 of 48478
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKJTG View Post

Only prob is I have 160 fb friends lol


it's ok brah you still caught one.
post #27921 of 48478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelman 17 View Post

I know this has been asked in various permutations in this thread before but I am going to ask again. How worried should I be about having back tightness after deadlifting? Back seems to tighten up when I get to heavier weights but only stays tight for a few hours after lifting.

I know it doesn't sound like a big deal but I know tons of people who have hurt their backs pulling. Should I take it as a sign that my form is off? My DL has been improving, got a new PR today vs pre-surgery but still only 2 x 285.

It's hard to give advice about this without seeing the deadlift. Best would be to post a video. But it could just be general weakness in the area, so own that weakness and start doing back extensions.. You can try doing reverse hypers to decompress your lower back after deadlifting or do shit like standing banded crunches to get your lower back mobilized. So investigate your form to see if you need to make changes, if it checks out then attack that weakness and do back extensions.

Tightness to me = weak.
post #27922 of 48478
Fat jewish brah wants help with increasing his sprint speed. How can I help a 220lb 5'8" guy with no mobility sprint faster. He's decided he's going to start doing cleans. This is why people make no gains, they have fucking retarded goals and they want to do cool shit instead of what works. He gave me advice squat advice whilst I was squatting. Apparently having forward bend in a wide as fuck stance powerlifting squat is bad.

I've been using knee wraps recently, because after a few weeks of not squatting like a month or so ago I wanted to get used to racking heavier weights. Problem is I can't tell if I'm getting stronger or if I'm getting better at using my knee wraps. My left foot fell asleep during a set with 160kg so obviously i'm getting better at getting them tight as fuck. Still don't feel like I'm getting that much out of them though, people talk about getting 50lb out of them, I'm getting at most maybe 7.5kg.
post #27923 of 48478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

It's hard to give advice about this without seeing the deadlift. Best would be to post a video. But it could just be general weakness in the area, so own that weakness and start doing back extensions.. You can try doing reverse hypers to decompress your lower back after deadlifting or do shit like standing banded crunches to get your lower back mobilized. So investigate your form to see if you need to make changes, if it checks out then attack that weakness and do back extensions.

Tightness to me = weak.

Yeah what does tightness mean, too? Pain or no pain? Tightness to me is just like, the pump you get in your back after doing back workouts.

I'm down to around 182, so a 3 lb loss. GF made some awesome pizza a couple days ago (fat free pizza crust, fat free low cal bullshit alfredo sauce that actually worked well as a pizza sauce, olives, artichokes, spinach, parmesan). Gorged on that shit and went up like 10 lbs because of all the carbs hahaha. Also went to Medieval Times yesterday - it sucked - and managed to hit my cals. Really hyped on getting back down around 170 and seeing how different I look than last time I weighed that much.

EC isn't affecting me that much yet. Not up to full dosage, though, so we'll see how that goes. Got a gigantic Monster in my fridge I wanna slam but I don't wanna be up all night. frown.gif

I think my tilt is improving. It's easier for me to tilt it out with my glutes during the day and also sleeping on my stomach is starting to feel weird because of it hah.
post #27924 of 48478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post


Got a gigantic Monster in my fridge I wanna slam but I don't wanna be up all night. frown.gif

I slammed a redbull around midnight on Saturday right before my evening plans fell apart. Vivid as fuck dreams after going to bed 1.5 hours later
post #27925 of 48478
EC's main effect is appetite suppression...you're not getting that?
post #27926 of 48478
I get no appetite suppression from EC. feelsbatman.
post #27927 of 48478
I'm helping my brother in law move his shop into a new building this week. Feels so functional and aesthetic sumo pulling heavy pumps and equipment in my wolverines and kmw's.

Bonus to that is since I'm out of town I'm using a rec centre weight room to lift. Seems like I severely overestimated the intelligence of gym goers as the place was full of guys doing nothing but curls and looking at their abs in the mirror. Had this ridiculous exchange:

Highschool kid: hey bro what's your name?
Me: jarude, why
Hsk: man you totally look like Taylor hall! Doesn't he look like Taylor hall?
Hsk2: yeah bro you look like Taylor hall! Man in tripping!!
Me: uh yeah haha I guess were basically the same except I don't have the NHL career and millions of dollars
Hsk: Omg man you look just like him!!!

So I keep squatting and HSK literally shoulder taps every one of his Bros in the room telling them about how much I look like Taylor hall. At least 5 or 6 dudes by this point.

Hsk: man look at that guy!! Taylor hall!!
Curlbro: oh uh yeah he does. Taylor hall is a fuckin pussy though, dawg *drops cable stack and initiates stare down*
Me: dyelstare
Curlbro: lifts shirt and flexes bicep while maintaining eye contact
Me: uninterrupted dyelstare
Curlbro: finally pisses off

It was the weirdest thing, like some ridiculous homoerotic twilight zone. Who the fuck lifts their shirt and flexes at someone?
post #27928 of 48478
Wait so is lifting your shirt and flexing at someone not considered normal?
post #27929 of 48478
Hahahahahaha best story in RHET so far.

Fuji ask your fat Jew brah to actually do sprints to improve sprint speed.
post #27930 of 48478
That not the worse though, I had some dude lift his shirt and flex his abs besides me in the mirror.

No homo.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts