or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 1808

post #27106 of 47780
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post

SPF thing was a joke, they do pass a lot of a high multiply squats though. I was basing my statements on bodybuilding because superbobo stated the guy looked like he was a bodybuilder. I wasn't saying below parallel squats are worse for bodybuilding, I said the guy may be doing above parallel squats because he feels they suit his goals better, which might not be overall muscular development, they might be tear drop development and he might feel he gets better growth from high squats. If they suit his goals better then they are better for him. I didn't say there is no reason to go below parallel, I said there is nothing intrinsically special about the exact point your hip goes below your knee, that above parallel squats can serve a purpose.

If you want to word it like that, I can agree with you. nod[1].gif
post #27107 of 47780
Quote:
Originally Posted by db_ggmm View Post

I'm not trying to pick on you, but blanket advice with fitness rarely pans out.

People's capacity to recover and move weight is blunted in a caloric deficit. That's the same for everyone. You have to change your workouts to reflect your calories and goals.
post #27108 of 47780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid View Post


People's capacity to recover and move weight is blunted in a caloric deficit. That's the same for everyone. You have to change your workouts to reflect your calories and goals.

Yeah, I know. 

I run IA SPBR which has 4 sets for some assistance lifts like chin ups, rows and dips. They've been dropped to 3 sets. Curls and triceps work is now 2 sets, instead of 3. The big 3 compound lifts (start of each workout) are done in RPT fashion.

post #27109 of 47780
God I love carb up days.

Brb go to bed full and feeling scrawny
Brb wake up arms are half an inch bigger
Brb vascularity out of no where
Brb ketosis head cold is gone
Brb energy in the gym again

Thank God for gummy bears.
post #27110 of 47780
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKJTG View Post

God I love carb up days.

Brb go to bed full and feeling scrawny
Brb wake up arms are half an inch bigger
Brb vascularity out of no where
Brb ketosis head cold is gone
Brb energy in the gym again

Thank God for gummy bears.

Been doing keto for a few days to knock off some of the weight picked up during "birthday week." Gonna tear it up on Sunday; not religious, but I gave up donuts for lent, which was a bitch, since I was getting them two or three times a week.
post #27111 of 47780
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKJTG View Post

God I love carb up days.

Brb go to bed full and feeling scrawny
Brb wake up arms are half an inch bigger
Brb vascularity out of no where
Brb ketosis head cold is gone
Brb energy in the gym again

Thank God for gummy bears.

So you're doing like a CKD?
post #27112 of 47780
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkI View Post

So you're doing like a CKD?

A who?
post #27113 of 47780
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKJTG View Post

A who?

cyclical keto diet. where you dont eat, or eat less carbs for a bit, then one day a week recarb?
post #27114 of 47780
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkI View Post

cyclical keto diet. where you dont eat, or eat less carbs for a bit, then one day a week recarb?

Ah right....never really thought of it like that but yes basically.
post #27115 of 47780
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungM View Post

Family friend had a jack fail, was crushed to death by the car. Death awaits everywhere.

pretty sure this is how I will die, rebuilding a nova in my apartment parking spot
post #27116 of 47780
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKJTG View Post

Ah right....never really thought of it like that but yes basically.

Gotcha. What's your main reason for reducing carbs, easier to lose weight?
post #27117 of 47780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

pretty sure this is how I will die, rebuilding a nova in my apartment parking spot

There's no reason to die like this. Jack stands are so cheap.
post #27118 of 47780
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkI View Post

Gotcha. What's your main reason for reducing carbs, easier to lose weight?

It's kind of indirect...

I drop calories and up protein when cutting...therefor carbs and fats gotta go. I try to keep em somewhat balanced, but over time end up depleting glycogen stores. When I start feeling scrawny and exhausted and get headaches, I carb up again.
post #27119 of 47780
Tkjt just wondering how much # fluctuation you recommend on bulk \ cut cycles? 10lb 15lb 20lb?
post #27120 of 47780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

Tkjt just wondering how much # fluctuation you recommend on bulk \ cut cycles? 10lb 15lb 20lb?

I honestly can't "recommend" anything...I can only tell you what I did.

2 years ago started off at 185 pounds, was relatively skinny fat, and lifted casually.
Last year, cut down to 165, was shredded, but didn't have a whole lot of mass to me.
Last fall, went on mega-bulk, started lifting heavy, and bulked up to a high of 211 pounds.
Currently cutting, will likely end up at around 180 for a good stage weight completely shredded.

So a 46 pound bulk net me about 15 pounds of muscle mass in a year...which I am incredibly happy with.

Next bulk I'll start at 180 and bulk to 210 with the hope of gaining another 5-10(optimistic) pounds of muscle mass.

I guess I would say I can't imagine going through an entire bulking season without gaining at least 15 pounds.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts