or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 1784

post #26746 of 46422
Fuck me. Paying way too much for my tailor
post #26747 of 46422
Speaking of sleeping problems. I threw up in my mouth last night like 3x while sleeping, i remember slightly waking up and choking on it. I dunno if this makes scientific sense but since I've been sleeping on my back with no pillow I feel like sometimes shit leaks out of my gut and into my mouse... that sounds crazy.
post #26748 of 46422
Just because you start out sleeping on your back and wake up sleeping on your back doesn't mean you've been sleeping in the same position all night. Studies show everybody moves around when they sleep. A lot. No exceptions
post #26749 of 46422
Yea, my body likes to flip on its side. I have a bunch of pillows around me though, so I grab them in my sleep and stuff them in the right places then kick them off when I want to flip on my back.
post #26750 of 46422
I think I'm gonna start experimenting with making stuff with greek yogurt. There's so many options: spaghetti sauce, sandwich spread, chip dip, etc. and it's such a good source of protein. Someone should dedicate an entire website to that shit.
post #26751 of 46422
Gents - Is myfitnesspal the best bet for tracking macros/calories?

Looking to start cutting (5'6", 163'ish) and aiming to lose the recommended 1lb per week.
post #26752 of 46422
why do you need an app/website? just figure out what you're eating and make adjustments to it. i've never understood why people have such a hard time with this.
post #26753 of 46422
If you wanna do a normal cut why don't you just switch over to lean meat and veg, and tailor your portions accordingly?

EDIT: Do you guys feel like it would be beneficial if we started a separate thread in this subforum for your favorite recipes, macros/cals included?
post #26754 of 46422
Do it.

I'll contribute.
post #26755 of 46422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

why do you need an app/website? just figure out what you're eating and make adjustments to it. i've never understood why people have such a hard time with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post

If you wanna do a normal cut why don't you just switch over to lean meat and veg, and tailor your portions accordingly?

EDIT: Do you guys feel like it would be beneficial if we started a separate thread in this subforum for your favorite recipes, macros/cals included?

I actually already eat very clean - mostly lean meat, eggs, roasted and leafy veg. I'm just trying to figure out portion sizing and calories so that I don't sacrifice lean muscle.
post #26756 of 46422
make sure you get 1-1.5 g/lb bodyweight and keep lifting heavy (Leangains Reverse Pyramid Training) you won't lose much LBM.

MFP is great, livestrong is ok.

I'm the same height as you and lost 14 lbs (168-154) doing IF + RPT
post #26757 of 46422
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRINI View Post


I actually already eat very clean - mostly lean meat, eggs, roasted and leafy veg. I'm just trying to figure out portion sizing and calories so that I don't sacrifice lean muscle.

ah, well I don't think the website will help with that. what you need to choose is which dieting method you want to try out. some argue for ratios (40/30/30, etc.), some argue for 1.5g protein/lb body wgt and calorie counting (hi TK!), some argue for lean gains, etc.. You gotta pick one and start somewhere. Tailor that to your weight and then eat accordingly. You can use the nutritional database on the previous page to figure out the calorie content of what you're eating, then set it up in a spreadsheet.
post #26758 of 46422
Tripled my 1rm bench (335) from ~8 weeks ago for two sets yesterday. BOOM.

Fairly confident I'll get 340 for a triple next week too. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #26759 of 46422
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty View Post

make sure you get 1-1.5 g/lb bodyweight and keep lifting heavy (Leangains Reverse Pyramid Training) you won't lose much LBM.

MFP is great, livestrong is ok.

I'm the same height as you and lost 14 lbs (168-154) doing IF + RPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

ah, well I don't think the website will help with that. what you need to choose is which dieting method you want to try out. some argue for ratios (40/30/30, etc.), some argue for 1.5g protein/lb body wgt and calorie counting (hi TK!), some argue for lean gains, etc.. You gotta pick one and start somewhere. Tailor that to your weight and then eat accordingly. You can use the nutritional database on the previous page to figure out the calorie content of what you're eating, then set it up in a spreadsheet.

Cheers - from what I read, I was going for the calorie counting and 1.5 protein/lb body weight method rather than IF or RFL - I was hoping to use the MFP database for use in tracking the cals and macros.

Re: strength training, I'm about 1.5 months into SL 5 x 5. Will probably switch over to IASPBR once the 3 months are up. Going to add in some cardio to the mix.
post #26760 of 46422
How does the website not help? Why should it matter if a website adds it up or you do itby hand? I like myfitnesspal, free and useful.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts