or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 1747

post #26191 of 49380
did some regular back squats today
275x2 ATG at 168-9lbs. The zerchers have really added to my leg drive.

Anyone have tips for NOT getting bigger while adding strength?
post #26192 of 49380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eason View Post

Huh? I thought you were much stronger than that for some reason. Are your legs a lot stronger than your upper body?

Yea, I am leg biased. I was DLing 405x6 and squatting 315x3x8 at one point, but my bench has never been better than 205x3x10. I have always been into cycling and am a natural climber so I can basically turn my legs on and off. I am focusing heavily on upper body gains this year.
post #26193 of 49380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benesyed View Post

Anyone have tips for NOT getting bigger while adding strength?

Super low reps/volume.
post #26194 of 49380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid View Post

Super low reps/volume.

I've been doing that without really knowing if it would work just out of time constraints. Good to know Im already doing it right fistbump.gif
post #26195 of 49380
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post

What? Your entering a fitness model comp?

Cut starts end of march, getting through a tub if nutella a day in the mean time, dem strength gains.

Bodybuilding, not fitness
post #26196 of 49380
Shit. 11 weeks left.

Going for another PR today.... 325 x 2 x 5 on paused bench.
post #26197 of 49380
paging dr. swole
post #26198 of 49380
Wtf is with those extra strength sleeping tablets, the addictive ones that are meant to make you drowsy or something. Took one last night, 3.5 hours later was still awake. I've taken so much different sleep stuff and none of it has even had the slightest effect. Read some reviews and other people were like wow fell asleep so easily 20 mins after taking it.
post #26199 of 49380
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinger70 View Post

Wtf is with those extra strength sleeping tablets, the addictive ones that are meant to make you drowsy or something. Took one last night, 3.5 hours later was still awake. I've taken so much different sleep stuff and none of it has even had the slightest effect. Read some reviews and other people were like wow fell asleep so easily 20 mins after taking it.

Yea, that shit doesn't do anything for me either.

I've got trouble sleeping on flights because my ass is so big it makes it uncomfortable to sit in the seats.

So popped a few of them one time to get some shut eye on the way to Seoul.

14.5 hours later, I land and I'm just bugging out because I haven't slept a wink.
post #26200 of 49380
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchariybrown View Post

Shit. 11 weeks left.

Going for another PR today.... 325 x 2 x 5 on paused bench.

11 weeks till what? My comp is 11 weeks from now lol
post #26201 of 49380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benesyed View Post


Anyone have tips for NOT getting bigger while adding strength?

Eat at maintenance.
post #26202 of 49380
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKJTG View Post

11 weeks till what? My comp is 11 weeks from now lol

My next competition. May 18th!

Trying to total at least 1500. Ideally 1550, which would put me at the #30 of the 198 lb lifters in the U.S. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #26203 of 49380
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchariybrown View Post

My next competition. May 18th!

Trying to total at least 1500. Ideally 1550, which would put me at the #30 of the 198 lb lifters in the U.S. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

fistbump.gif

Do these competitions favor shorter lifters or is it all over the board?
post #26204 of 49380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid View Post

fistbump.gif

Do these competitions favor shorter lifters or is it all over the board?

You see strong guys of all different statures in the sport of powerlifting. It's more about frame/weight/height. Like if you're 6', you should be at least 220 if you want to start having competitive numbers. 6' at 198s or 181s is okay but it's hard to generate enough leverage (deadlift/squats) and makes your thinner (more bar travel on bench).
post #26205 of 49380
Gonna be an exciting weekend for RHEtT! Charly on Saturday, me on Sunday. Hope we both take gold
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts