Originally Posted by milosh
Everyone is telling me to use a belt when deadlifting. I'm in month two of SS and last time did 105kg x 5.
I see it as a crutch and think that maybe if I don't use it, my core will get stronger. Am I wrong, should I be wearing one?
Not a crutch.. more like a safety measure.
Just keep it simple.
You should be using a belt if..
- you constantly injure something back there
- you feel comfortable with one
- you train with near maximal weights all the time
You shouldn't be using a belt if..
- you need to beef up/thicken your core
- you don't feel comfortable with one