or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 1667

post #24991 of 48981
Gettoasty my bro, just do Rippletoe SS and you're good to go
post #24992 of 48981

Just read a bunch of articles on anterior tilt. I used,to have a pretty bad tilt but it's getting better slowly.

 

Supposedly I should skip doing front squats and conventional DLs and swap them for long stroke lunges and sumo DLs.

I have finally gotten down the technique for FS and DL and would hate to switch them out. 

 

Do you think it makes a big of a difference in my correction progress? Already doing quad and psoas stretching, along with strengthening and foam rolling my posterior chain + abs in order to correct the anterior tilt.

post #24993 of 48981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame View Post

Gettoasty my bro, just do Rippletoe SS and you're good to go

Gettoasty would be terrible at SS. Too scared to gain any body fat in pursuit of strength and later aesthetics. Not hating but that's why SS doesn't work well for most people. I can see him blasting the biceps with Fuji tho.
post #24994 of 48981
zzz how to get aesthetic if you don't bulk and cut???

SS with cardio and watching your diet (paleo, keto w/e) will give mass and strength gainz and keep fat gainz to min. (i think...it works for me)

Did 5 x 200m sprints today, then ate 1 pound lean beef and half pound broccoli. Come @ me fat gainz.
post #24995 of 48981
MRI did not show a frank sports hernia, but i might have the beginnings of one? Idk, hopefully I can get away with no surgery and just physical therapy.
post #24996 of 48981
post #24997 of 48981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

Gettoasty would be terrible at SS. Too scared to gain any body fat in pursuit of strength and later aesthetics. Not hating but that's why SS doesn't work well for most people. I can see him blasting the biceps with Fuji tho.


I only do 5 sets of hammer curls twice a week, legs are still my main focus because they're the most fun to train. I want dem striated hamstrings by the summer, will look sickening in my h&m short shorts.

DB bench PR, nothing amazing, but got 2x6 then 3x5 with a weight I got 5x5 with last week. Gains is gains I suppose. Enjoying meadows methods for shoulders. Set of 20 with 8kg db ons lateral raises strict form then grabbed dem 20kg dbs and did partials till failure, dat pump man


Need ideas from tricep work, not really feeling rippletits extensions in my triceps that much anymore. Did highish rep close grip bench press with an EZ bar lowering it to upper abs and keeping completely tucked and overhead db extensions for sets of 12 not locking out, might try french presses next time.


Gettoasty did SS for like a year and made no gainz if I recall, I personally think its a pretty shit program for most people



Did some lanragian functions of whatever they're called in maths today, thought of oly lifter brah.
Edited by fuji - 1/29/13 at 7:47am
post #24998 of 48981
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty View Post

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2013/01/a-case-for-shaming-obese-people-tastefully/267446/

considering posting it to fb. lolzy comments will ensue.

Careful dude....

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post

Did some lanragian functions of whatever they're called in maths today, thought of oly lifter brah.
Internet makes those kinds of weird connections. I read this in a thread about a new Lil B song today
Quote:
So based, this might be the first Deepak Chopra mention in a rap song. This is up there with "Imma Eat a ass".

Deepak Chopra and eating ass. Thank you based god.
post #24999 of 48981
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptionist View Post

Just read a bunch of articles on anterior tilt. I used,to have a pretty bad tilt but it's getting better slowly.

Supposedly I should skip doing front squats and conventional DLs and swap them for long stroke lunges and sumo DLs.
I have finally gotten down the technique for FS and DL and would hate to switch them out. 

Do you think it makes a big of a difference in my correction progress? Already doing quad and psoas stretching, along with strengthening and foam rolling my posterior chain + abs in order to correct the anterior tilt.

sumo pulling exacerbated some minor amount of pelvic tilt that i had and front squats have helped to correct it for me. point being, in my extremely limited experience i think its more worth focusing on core contraction for suspect lifts and doing some extra core work instead of throwing out certain movements in favour of others. if you use the logic that "conv deadlifts = pelvic tilt," are you going to never do conv deadlifts again? probably not; just focus on the core. YMMV though, if you think you have something that's really causing it, drop it for awhile and see what happens.
post #25000 of 48981
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post


Gettoasty did SS for like a year and made no gainz if I recall, I personally think its a pretty shit program for most people

Yea, cause you gotta get fat for SS to work and keep dat linear progression going for over a year. But I do agree its a shit program for most people
post #25001 of 48981
not trying to be a prick, but toasty made no gains because he didn't listen to any of the information that was spoon-fed to him
post #25002 of 48981
Yo, you guys wanting to be jacked and afraid of putting on some body fat.

Doing cardio all the time, eating just lean meats and veggies, etc..

facepalm.gif
post #25003 of 48981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

Yea, cause you gotta get fat for SS to work and keep dat linear progression going for over a year. But I do agree its a shit program for most people


Even if you do follow it, it gives you an ugly as fuck body even after you cut. Dat feel when all lower body, no chest, arms or delt width, just dat ass and quads. Always lol at the SS "transformations". It's a strength program, don't know why people recommend it for trying to get aesthetic, is wasn't designed with that in mind.


Reading comments in the article there so lolzy "obesity, which is a hormonal problem, not a behavioral problem" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA shut up fatties. Its just the fat "people" have a lower marginal rate of substitution of looking aesthetic to food. It's a bobosian economic problem.
Edited by fuji - 1/29/13 at 10:53am
post #25004 of 48981
I hear ya charly.

I have a photo of me when I was 4 months into SS, it's funny. And it's also coming off Olympic lifting, holy fuck internally rotated shoulders
post #25005 of 48981
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchariybrown View Post

Yo, you guys wanting to be jacked and afraid of putting on some body fat.

Doing cardio all the time, eating just lean meats and veggies, etc..

facepalm.gif

Did you even go through a fat phase? I've never seen a photo of you above 12%
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts