or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random health and exercise thoughts - Page 1659

post #24871 of 48999
Someone school my dumb ass in health insurance. I'm turning 26 in march and getting booted off my moms health insurance. So I'm looking at blue cross blue shield or w/e the other ones... any other good options?
post #24872 of 48999
Mate who got on some of dat der over christmas just pulled 210kg for a single. He was pulling 140 before xmas and 195 last week, is this real life?
post #24873 of 48999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

Someone school my dumb ass in health insurance. I'm turning 26 in march and getting booted off my moms health insurance. So I'm looking at blue cross blue shield or w/e the other ones... any other good options?

Damn, that sucks. Does your employer offer anything?

I have BCBS and I haven't had any complaints so far. But I think you should be focusing on the type of coverage you get and not the "brand" so much. Or maybe the extent of coverage is dependent on the brand.
post #24874 of 48999
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post

what # band did you get? from where?

i got my bands from ironwoody and i would only use a #1 or #2 tops to add resistance to upper movements. if you are looking for stretches and mobility i wouldn't want anything more than a #2. it sounds like you have a #3 or #4 which would be mega overkill for your purposes. they do loosen up a little bit but not a whole lot.

Got it from a local Swedish brand.

I got a #3 (it has a resistance of 50 to 70 lbs). It's def too much for squats and benching for me. Might work for pull ups but I don't know.

These things are so damn expensive over here. It cost me 60 bucks. 

 

Probably gonna return it and order some lighter and cheaper ones I just found on Ebay.

post #24875 of 48999
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTex View Post

Damn, that sucks. Does your employer offer anything?

I have BCBS and I haven't had any complaints so far. But I think you should be focusing on the type of coverage you get and not the "brand" so much. Or maybe the extent of coverage is dependent on the brand.

Nope, but I am requesting a raise. I am an independent contracter. Gotcha, I see your point.
post #24876 of 48999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

I don't get why personal trainers are still not hip to the fact of foam rolling.

maybe because foam rolling is redundant after you have your mobility where you want it to be
post #24877 of 48999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagrangian View Post

maybe because foam rolling is redundant after you have your mobility where you want it to be

on the other hand i bet a lot of their clients do not. related: one week at a commercial gym has re-opened my eyes to all the glory and terror that goes on in there. haven't seen any trainer-sanctioned fail yet, though.
post #24878 of 48999
I see them all the time.

Started cutting diet yesterday, going well so far. Getting back to the gym regularly starting next week.
post #24879 of 48999
Judging that a diet is going well in less than 24 hours. LOL.
post #24880 of 48999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagrangian View Post

maybe because foam rolling is redundant after you have your mobility where you want it to be

I use foam roller for speeding recovery and sift tissue work. Never used it for mobility
post #24881 of 48999
The only decent bench i have found for a home gym is £490, fuark. Everything else has some retarded obvious design flaw, i thought like half that price would buy an awesome bench didnt realise how expensive equipment is. Rogue make some really cool gear but the prices and shipping even from the EU branch are crazy. Even olympic plates are expensive.
post #24882 of 48999
Kijiji and 2nd hand sports stores
post #24883 of 48999
Flash forward 6 months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique 
cut still going well. Almost down to 10% bf!
Quote:
post #24884 of 48999
pretty much
post #24885 of 48999
Tried a few muscle ups the other day. Got somewhat close but my technique still needs work. I'm confident I'll be able to hit one my next workout (tomorrow) bringing my knees up and kicking for the extra boost.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Random health and exercise thoughts